+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

Re: Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

Didn't Amanda go in the room and "stick-up" for Jessie or Candice?

Make no mistake ... Amanda's "social" skills and tactics are to prey on the weak.

I cannot believe they have let her or Aaryn remain. They are the ring leaders of the racial harassment. GM is just a follower.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Bullying begins at home. So does its byproduct, discrimination)
    Unfortunatly, a child learns to be subordinate or domineering in the pre-school years.
    • Donít you do that or Iíll Ö..
    • If you donít start Ö Iíll take the kids away and Ö. (make you/us all very sad, Daddy)
    • Time out Ė because I said so.
    • Go get that for Daddy. Go on, get it. NOW.
    • Mommy, sissy took the last samíich. Well, son, you gotta fight for it. Be there before she gets it. Címon son, man up.
    • No, I don't want you to play with those neighbors. They don't go to your school. (old school = stick with your own kind)

Bullying is everywhere, just more sophisticated, as we grow older, too.
    Consider any court of law Ė the opposing lawyers and sometimes the judge.
    Consider what happens to any who try to cut in on an admission line.
    Itís the wuss, the pussy (in bully terms) who allows the line cutter. How do you feel when youíre behind that girl/guy in line?

Weíre watching a slice of life here. Itís good that we express our collective compassion for the bullied. Times they are aíchanging and hopefully our added voices will help to impede such victimizing. However, it is bad that we can lay so much hatred at the feet of any one person at a time. Some things never change.

Check this: We feedsters try to bully production all the time. TPTB hear us, probably also all the time. That doesnít mean they let us have our way. Those bullies. And didnít we all joke about how Damanda probably has each of the staff cowering at his/her station?

I think it still holds true. Imagine Amanda in the furture, talking everywhere about how badly she was portayed on BB.
    Last edited by KTinCT; 08-27-2013 at 07:49 PM.

remember the good ole days of fights w/ threats

Big Brother Jeff and Russell go Toe to Toe - YouTube
    smartguy24 and AcookerTV like this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Didn't Amanda go in the room and "stick-up" for Jessie or Candice?

Make no mistake ... Amanda's "social" skills and tactics are to prey on the weak.

I cannot believe they have let her or Aaryn remain. They are the ring leaders of the racial harassment. GM is just a follower.
    Amanda went into Aaryn's bedroom to tell her the way she talked was perceived as racism. Aaryn was indignant that `those people' thought of her as a racist. She said she was the actual victim because they made fun of her for being blonde. Amanda did say to the camera she found Aaryn to be sheltered and unaware. She did express frustration.
    What is interesting about that is how Amanda later mocked Candice by screaming "ooh am I a racist now? Huh, Shaneequa?" Throwing Aaryn's words back in her face. I saw Amanda visibly shaking with rage. It was imo, Amanda's way of degrading Candice even further by zeroing in on specific words , previously used, to hurt Candice. It was a way to say "hey, you over reacted Candice, to comments made to you. Are you gonna cry now and call ME a racist, you wuss." It's the subtext, the in-between-the lines message that was more hideous than the actual words. Even if you stand up to someone like Amanda, as Candice did, there is a sense of utter aloneness because no one is backing you up. I really got that from Candice. Toward the end, she was reacting outwardly to the pain she was carrying.
    bearwme1, munkeechi and GabbyG like this.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

^^ ^^
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Amanda went into Aaryn's bedroom to tell her the way she talked was perceived as racism. Aaryn was indignant that `those people' thought of her as a racist. She said she was the actual victim because they made fun of her for being blonde. Amanda did say to the camera she found Aaryn to be sheltered and unaware. She did express frustration.
    What is interesting about that is how Amanda later mocked Candice by screaming "ooh am I a racist now? Huh, Shaneequa?" Throwing Aaryn's words back in her face. I saw Amanda visibly shaking with rage. It was imo, Amanda's way of degrading Candice even further by zeroing in on specific words , previously used, to hurt Candice. It was a way to say "hey, you over reacted Candice, to comments made to you. Are you gonna cry now and call ME a racist, you wuss." It's the subtext, the in-between-the lines message that was more hideous than the actual words. Even if you stand up to someone like Amanda, as Candice did, there is a sense of utter aloneness because no one is backing you up. I really got that from Candice. Toward the end, she was reacting outwardly to the pain she was carrying.
    So well said, I agree with every word you have posted, and I thank you.
    bearwme1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

When everything is bullying, it no longer exists.
    smartguy24 likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    When everything is bullying, it no longer exists.
    Everything isn't bullying. That's like saying when it's raining everywhere it's not raining. Bullying involves feelings. How the words make both parties feel.

Feelings are as fleeting as the snow. I've been feeling really cranky all week to the point where I was calling myself Amanda yesterday. I've also been quick to anger. Can I blame this on all the people who I became frustrated with this week because they made a mistake? Am I a bully because I showed my anger (sometimes embarrassingly so) to some of these people who screwed up?

You see when you talk about feelings, I find this too subjective to really mean anything of substance.

I realize that my statements are not very popular statements and since I don't want to argue on this site, I won't say too much more about them. I've just changed over the years and after most of my lifetime using 'feelings' as an excuse for everything I don't like or every decision I make, I've discovered for myself anyway, it's just a cop-out.
    Peachy and smartguy24 like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Being cranky once in a while does not make you a bully Ilja

Being consistently mean, constantly degrading others, creating a gang like mentality (don't talk to so and so or I'll make your life hell too), etc, etc... is being a bully. That is what Amanda is doing and being. She's not making a mistake. She's showing her true, and pretty dang ugly, colors.
    holly71 and redsox girl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread