+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/26 - BB15 Live Feed Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    Me either.

I think that's great. But I am pretty sure BB meant to be respectful to production (think Chima) not to the other house guests. They WANT drama.
    Good point. It was probably talking about production incessantly and not stopping when told to shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    They didn't say Amanda wasn't a bully. They just talked about the word in general. I assumed that they saw Amanda as a bully but so many are called bullies when they really aren't. I don't know where you got the idea they said Amanda wasn't a bully. They said no such thing.
    Actually that's exactly why I was questioning it in the first place. I said in my post you referenced that "I didn't see the context in which they said it, so I don't know if that's what they meant, or if they were just talking in general." That's why I brought it up at all, because I couldn't tell from the other posters the context in which the comment was made. My point was if they had been saying the term bullying was overused, and felt Amanda's behavior was not bullying, I would have been very disappointed (and more disgusted by them than I already am ). But that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm not sure I personally agree the term is "overused," but I was looking for clarification as to how it came up in the first place
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

Have you been on the receiving end of any bullying? I see it way too often at school. It's not used enough, it is used correctly, and I don't think when it's happening to someone you care about that it's been reduced to a verbal tick. But that's just my 2 cents. I think people get away with it too much, which is why it's so prevalent in our society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I have the same take. Overly used, used incorrectly and, I will add, has been reduced to a verbal tick.
    mesachick likes this.

You said what I was trying to say so eloquently. As a principal I see this every other day almost. I hate it when the elementary kids are crying because of the terrible things being said or done to them for something they can't control. Amanda is bullying by almost every definition of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by my2girlz11 View Post
    I don't think it is anyone's place to say if someone isn't being bullied. It is how the person feels that determines it or not. It is like sexual harassment in that it is how the "victim" feels. I am a teacher and I hate when the Kids get bullied and then their parent say that their kid is not a bully.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't William Collins (Mega Will) banished from Big Brother 1 for fussing Brittany out and accusing her of being racist? I can't remember all the details, so I may be totally wrong. I am certainly open to correction. The rules have changed since AG took over. Amanda would be out now if it was an earlier season I think.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12 View Post
    I agree, and I'm sort of disappointed that Elissa has not stood her ground with Amanda.

Quote Originally Posted by bearwme1 View Post
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't William Collins (Mega Will) banished from Big Brother 1 for fussing Brittany out and accusing her of being racist? I can't remember all the details, so I may be totally wrong. I am certainly open to correction. The rules have changed since AG took over. Amanda would be out now if it was an earlier season I think.
    I'm pretty sure he was just "evicted" first. The other HG's nominated him & the stripper girl. Then they made a big deal about his behavior & the viewers voted him out.
    Back then the HG's just nominated by popular vote. The top 2 were put on the block. There was no HOH, nor were there any Vetos nor any way off the block. Then the viewers voted on who to evict.
    The viewers had much more say back then. The people who caused any drama were immediately put on the block by the other HG's. Then people who irritated the viewers (like Amanda does now) were gone quickly.

Ultimately, this left the house with little to no drama & a bunch of "nice" people. A lot of people complained that it left the house boring. The show didn't get the conflict they were hoping for. This is why they changed it on Season 2.
    bearwme1 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

And I'm glad they did.

Yes. Bringing a HG family into it. and that is my opinion.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by bearwme1 View Post
    Have you been on the receiving end of any bullying? I see it way too often at school. It's not used enough, it is used correctly, and I don't think when it's happening to someone you care about that it's been reduced to a verbal tick. But that's just my 2 cents. I think people get away with it too much, which is why it's so prevalent in our society.
    Gotta say I am totally with you on this one bear! People do get away with it way too much - just look at Amanda for goodness sake. From what I've been reading lately she is the definition of BULLY.
    bearwme1, andee and stacerace76 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2 View Post
    Yes. Bringing a HG family into it. and that is my opinion.
    She can attack her game, but why her husband and child ?Amanda is a sloth, and a big mouth bully.
    bearwme1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread