+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

Re: 8/26 - BB15 Live Feed Discussion

Also her pretty much telling them to NOT talk or hang out with Elissa I ridiculous and them actually listening is worse

Quote Originally Posted by my2girlz11 View Post
    Also her pretty much telling them to NOT talk or hang out with Elissa I ridiculous and them actually listening is worse
    how stupid are they? baa baa
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    She's a far cry from being perfect, but I'm liking Elissa more & more now. She's her own person who makes her own decisions. She's running her own HOH, not letting anyone else make her decisions for her. Plus I think she has the other HG's pegged.
    While everyone thought she was just too dense to see anything, in reality she was taking it all in & seeing what's up.
    A thousand times yeah!!!
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    From dictionary.com: Bully -(noun) 1. A blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people. (verb) to act the bully toward; intimidate; domineer. 2. Amanda ()

If those guys were trying to say that what Amanda has been doing is not bullying, I just lost a lot of respect for Judd I didn't have much to begin with for the others, so... I didn't see the context in which they said it, so I don't know if that's what they meant, or if they were just talking in general. But if they can watch Amanda's behavior and feel like it isn't really bullying...well then that's exactly why bullying these days is such a real problem and kids commit suicide every day. Bullying does not have to be physical. More often the wounds from the constant verbal abuse and feelings of isolation cut the deepest.
    They didn't say Amanda wasn't a bully. They just talked about the word in general. I assumed that they saw Amanda as a bully but so many are called bullies when they really aren't. I don't know where you got the idea they said Amanda wasn't a bully. They said no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    Let me add to that a tad:
    Their main point was that it is not right to bully, but it's not good to be a pussy either. That some people/kids take it to extremes and think that disagreeing can be bullying.
    note: Amanda agreed that she was indeed bullying Amanda, "but she deserves it."
    What qualifies as being a p****? I take it that Judd and company do not work in the school system. If they did, they'd have a totally different viewpoint. When kids take up for themselves, they're the ones that get in trouble. When a bullied kid shoots up a school maybe some will have a differing opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    IMO she us far from a penalty non. I wish she was but you REALLY have cross the line in order to get one.
    Where is the line? I sure know where the line is.

Besides the extensive (previous) slurs .... now she is talking about Elissa's Husband, and son, yesterday she old America to F themselves ... and it sounds as if she is up in Elissa's face and invading her space. It sounds like that is more than 3 strikes! Jen got a nom just for eating.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Caponedawg View Post
    What qualifies as being a p****? I take it that Judd and company do not work in the school system. If they did, they'd have a totally different viewpoint. When kids take up for themselves, they're the ones that get in trouble. When a bullied kid shoots up a school maybe some will have a differing opinion.
    The conversation was very brief; they didn't get into it in depth. It has taken a life of its own in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I agree to an extent. It is overused...but, IMNSHO, what Amanda is doing is bullying. She just isn't getting the results she hopes for. I find that hilarious.
    I think of bullying as when the one being bullied was "lesser" in some way. Elissa is not "less" than Amanda in any way.

Elissa is far superior than Amanda in just about any way I can think of.

NOTE I am not disagreeing ... just saying.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

Besides the extensive (previous) slurs .... now she is talking about Elissa's Husband, and son, yesterday she old America to F themselves ... and it sounds as if she is up in Elissa's face and invading her space. It sounds like that is more than 3 strikes! Jen got a nom just for eating.
    Jen got a penalty vote. She was already on the block and she was blatantly disregarding the rules. Believe me I would love Amanda to get a penalty nom just as much as you. I'm just saying....it isn't going to happen unless she breaks the rules. You can't physically harm someone but you can get in their face and talk about their family as much as you want. Unfortunate.... sure, but the rules none the less.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

Jen's penalty was because she intentionally was inhaling turkey burgers when she was on slop, which was breaking a BB rule. Other HG's have had to be a have not for an extra day after accidentally eating a grape (Kevin) and drinking Gatorade (Jeff).

There are no rules in BB about taunting, Amanda can follow Elissa around and say whatever she wants. If she punched Elissa, that would be breaking a rule and she would be penalized for it.

What Amanda is doing is no different than what Dick did to everybody, what Russell did to Ronnie, what Howie did to April, and I'm sure I'm forgetting more. Even bringing family members into it - Howie also talked trash about April's family, and even her dog (didn't he say something about going to kill her dog or something like that?). Pretty sure in season 10 the catty girls talked about Libra's husband and her twin babies. Families frequently get dragged into it, even though we know it's wrong and we don't like it, we have to face that it happens. That's Big Brother. We either deal with it or choose not to watch.
    RealVoyeur, Dogg and smartguy24 like this.

+ Reply to Thread