+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

Re: Is Amanda a bully? What actions cross a line on BB?

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If she had really done it the alpha male way, I would still dislike her but I would understand it more. But alpha males don't whine and cry whenever something doesn't go their way. They suck it up and get back in the game. And they take ownership of the fact that thier game isn't respected or liked much.

Amanda always wants her cake and eat it too. She is always ready with rationalizations for anything that people confront her with, most of which don't even make sense. She always paints any rival as the villain and herself as the good person, as if she's being attacked. She's been the attacker all summer. If you're going to play a nasty game, own up to it. She's delusional.
    Exactly! And if she had done that while I still probably would not have liked her, at least I could have respected her.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Newbie

Speaking of Helen - that was a weird cat. I thought she was a bully. Her first HOH when she was making everyone come to her room and tell her their alliances (especially Howard) and everything they had done? That seemed weird to me.

Then throughout the game whenever she started losing an argument she would just run away! LOL

Was it her and Elissa who threatened Andy that if she got voted off they'd know it was him and he'd go next (ended up being 4-1 anyway).

I know this isn't what we are referring to in the more serious context of bullying but I just always thought it was funny that Helen painted herself as the good guy and everyone else was a bully - she did her share of "stuff".
    bearwme1 likes this.

The difference is that Helen's was more gameplay and wanting control of the game. Whereas Amanda's bullying I more on a personal level. I don't think Helen is a bully IRL but I bet Amanda is. I think it's interesting that Amanda said she was picked on in school. I also read where her dad was interviewed and said she was bullied for being Jewish. It's not really that unusual for the bullied to become the bully. Some people don't handle it in a positive way. Some people remain victim for the rest of their lives, some become bitter and become bullies themselves (I suspect this is the case with Amanda) and some take that experience and use it to help and/or fight for others. I personally chose to be a victim for many years until about 4 years ago when I decided to turn my experiences into a positive and I try to step in when I see it happen to others.

♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫
    ~* stacerace76 *~
    ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORT Newbie

Stacerace - I agree it is different. And I agree with the personal aspect regarding Amanda. I think a lot of this often has to do with the group mentality (you see it on Survivor as well) and the power of having cameras on you - it makes you feel important - when people are thinking they are running the show and are in the majority they are more likely to be a bully. The best example was the homosexual guy (are we allowed to say that? ;-) ) from Alabama who was telling people to jump in the fire when he thought he was running the show. Some people don't respond well to being in the spotlight.
    stacerace76 likes this.

I wanted to apologize for my dismissive attitude in this thread to all of you who have been bullied. I've gotten pretty tough in my old years and had forgotten what it is like to even be bullied a little bit. I have recently experienced something similar and my standing up to it did not permanently stop it like I thought it would. It is only though prayer and my faith in God that has helped me to deal with it.

However, it is more painful that I have acknowledged in this thread and I've been duly admonished for my cavalier attitude about it all. Again, please accept my apologies especially to those who have experienced the serious stuff and to those who experienced it as a child.
    Peachy and stacerace76 like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by bearwme1 View Post
    I think time will tell if it's clearly working. I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in Big Brother if it returns next season. Time will tell.
    It's returning. They are soliciting applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I wanted to apologize for my dismissive attitude in this thread to all of you who have been bullied. I've gotten pretty tough in my old years and had forgotten what it is like to even be bullied a little bit. I have recently experienced something similar and my standing up to it did not permanently stop it like I thought it would. It is only though prayer and my faith in God that has helped me to deal with it.

However, it is more painful that I have acknowledged in this thread and I've been duly admonished for my cavalier attitude about it all. Again, please accept my apologies especially to those who have experienced the serious stuff and to those who experienced it as a child.
    ilja ...I possibly may not have addressed it straight on either ... but through this discussion, I realized that some of what I experienced as a child was bullying, and then again in high school. In high school I finally confronted one vicious bully leader with some of his own methods ... and gained the respect of not only my friends but HIS.

Imagine that. Instead of laughing at me and what he said ... his bully gang was laughing at him because of what I said. Too bad there is not an emoticon for patting myself on the back!
    GabbyG likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Is Amanda a bully?- yes!
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread