+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By MikeGH
  • 3 Post By MFWalkoff
  • 1 Post By JohnnyK

Thread: Did BB redeem themselves from BB14s Horrible season?

FORT Newbie

Did BB redeem themselves from BB14s Horrible season?

I know alot of people are upset about this cast, with the racism, recruiting, MVP and what not. But really, this makes for good TV. The feeds so far this season have been awesome. So far we've had 2 HOHs with 4 Nominees and none of those 4 have gone home. Meaning already 2 evictions with 2 blindsides. Nicks eviction episode was great, i was actually nervous, ALREADY, this early into the season. We have already had a "dominant" alliance emerge and evaporate. Maybe its just me, but so far, and it is probably too early to tell, but this seeoms like the best season since BB10, and already seems like one of the better seasons. Anyone agree?

Re: Did BB redeem themselves from BB14s Horrible season?

I seriously had no idea people considered 14 horrible. I really loved it until the final vote.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH View Post
    I seriously had no idea people considered 14 horrible. I really loved it until the final vote.
    Well, maybe its just me, i didnt buy that much into it. I disliked the coaches twist very much so, i think the new HG they brought in were extremely weak strategically minus Frank and Ian, i think BB did that on purpose with the intentions of the coaches dominating them, and i have heard from other people they didnt like BB14, but we all have opinions, and i think this season so far atleast is one of the better seasons of BB

I was OK with season 14 UNTIL they allowed the coaches to enter the game. I think the other three hit the buzzer because they thought Boogie would so it was like "Why bother to say no?" (never mind that Boogie didn't - probably knowing this would happen).

I think 14 was redeemed ONLY with Ian winning his season. I liked Dan both seasons, but it was really Ian's to win. It was one of the few that the FINAL TWO overall (and even to a point final three) were deserving since - ironically Dan's season.

As far as redeeming themselves with this cast? - I'm honestly mixed. The cast IS more interesting, but for the wrong reasons. What made Dan's first season and a few others (season 3 comes to mind - though Danielle lost thanks to the stupidity of CBS not sequestering Jurors) was that it was a good mix with overall likable houseguests in the house. There were one or two stinkers in the lot (Jerry I think was in Dan's season) but there was enough diversity in the cast in age, history, race, etc. that made it interesting.

I think if they had a more logical range of ages (minimum age to say closer to Jerry's age at the time (early 70s), races and the like who have experienced many things in the world, we'd have a more interesting game. Example here, I would've LOVED to have an older contestant here who had lived during the Civil Rights era given Aaryn and GinaMarie an earful about their racist remarks.

I hated how production favored Frank. I also hated how Janelle was evicted because she wouldn't give up Will yet no one asked Boogie if he was willing to sacrifice Frank.

I ended up loving BB14 by season's end. I didn't like the coaches twist at the beginning, because it was obvious that they'd end up playing. But I liked that Dan and Britney were there, and as the season went on it ended up becoming a very wild ride. Ian ended up becoming one of my favorite winners ever, and I go back and watch the season often (usually starting with Boogie's eviction, lol).

As for BB15, I was happy that it was all newbies this season, because I'd been yelling for it since BB12. And the MVP twist would have been a great thing, IF they hadn't cast Elissa. It should have been all complete newbies with no ties to other BBers, to make the MVP a fair fight for the HGs. Honestly, if there weren't so many terrible, hateful people in the house going after Elissa, I'd have been rooting for her eviction all this time. I still want her out once Aaryn, Jeremy and Kaitlin are gone. If one of them makes it to the finals, this season is doomed.

On a positive note, I'm glad to know that when they are up against a wall, CBS won't shy away from showing the ugly side of this game. (Thank you Internet)
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-17-2013 at 04:54 AM.
    waywyrd, Shoepie and munkeechi like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I thought it was a good season. Cast-wise, this season is probably worse.

The worst part about last season was how the producers tried to rig it for certain players.
    Shoepie likes this.

BB4 14 was okay , once the coaches joined I wasn't very happy. In the end it turned around, and I was so so happy Dan lost to Ian

BB15 - I don't care who wins, I don't see anyone really playing the game, just little groups that keep changing alliance's, hateful comments, meh..i don't think it will end up like BB14 for me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread