+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Aaryn Gries - BB15 **Live Feed Spoilers**

Re: Aaryn Gries - BB15 **Live Feed Spoilers**

You are probably right, they will have her painted as a victim of CBS and unfair editing.

I think the only unfair thing about Aaryn's editing is that she's probably getting the best they could find of her. When the majority of your time in the house is spent whining about how it sucks to be you, being nasty towards the other houseguests, and finally catching on you need to change before everyone hates you (too late) but your only solution is to be fake....well I'm guessing BB had to do some serious digging to find footage that makes her look as good as she does. "Mean Girls" Regina George could have taken some lessons from this little girl!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

As for her family/parents; why do I have the sad feeling in the gut of my stomach that her family will be supporting her????
    Because that's what parents are supposed to do ... stand by you ... love you unconditionally ... no questions asked.
    NCLurker, Emerald Fox and ilja like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Julie Chen brought this up on The Talk today, she clearly said that CBS does not promote
    this behavior, however BB is a reality show that expects to bring out social behaviors and
    the reaction of the group. This is not the first time a contestant who happened to win
    said negative things about people with mental handicaps. He was eventually arrested
    here in Boston for drug possession. Bottom line CBS showed the racist behavior as it will
    have an impact on the houseguests and be part of how the game is played.
    Last edited by The Matchmaker; 07-08-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: correcting grammar errors

I hate the use of the word retarded in today's speech to signify things that are disgusting or stupid. I am glad that people with mental handicaps are no longer (for most mindful people) referred to in that way.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Because that's what parents are supposed to do ... stand by you ... love you unconditionally ... no questions asked.
    Parents are supposed to correct you when you do the wrong thing and teach you better. Love doesn't mean accepting everything a person does, it means loving them in spite of the things they do and asking questions and giving advice.
    candor, Shoepie, Klyn and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by realLAgrl View Post
    Parents are supposed to correct you when you do the wrong thing and teach you better. Love doesn't mean accepting everything a person does, it means loving them in spite of the things they do and asking questions and giving advice.
    And that does not negate what Echo said. You do not have to publicly condemn your children and you should love them unconditionally.
    dagwood and NCLurker like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Matchmaker View Post
    Julie Chen brought this up on The Talk today, she clearly said that CBS does not promote this behavior, however BB is a reality show that expects to bring out social behaviors and the reaction of the group. This is not the first time a contestant who happened to win said negative things about people with mental handicaps. He was eventually arrested here in Boston for drug possession. Bottom line CBS showed the racist behavior as it will have an impact on the houseguests and be part of how the game is played.
    I have almost as much enmity for The Talk as I do for The View so I never watch the show. However, based on the above post I thought I'd tune in today. Can I just say that I was taken aback at how beautiful Julie looked. She really was quite striking.

It was a good conversation regarding the subject. I thought the ladies took a well moderated approach to what happened. My favorite bit was Julie drawing a line between an insensitive remark and a mean-spirited one. It is what makes Aaryn's comments so vile.
    momrek06 and terbear59 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    And that does not negate what Echo said. You do not have to publicly condemn your children and you should love them unconditionally.
    This was exactly what I was going to say! That word publicly is key.....We can hope and pray that they will address the issue in private as it definitely should be addressed. However, she is technically an adult and it may not have much impact, but I would think the "rude awakening" she will face as it relates to her lack of employment might just have an impact.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    As for her family/parents; why do I have the sad feeling in the gut of my stomach that her family will be supporting her?
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by realLAgrl View Post

THANK YOU, realAgrl, perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Publicly condemn your children, who said anything about about publicly condeming their children? Huh? My post is above ^^^^, I don't see anything in my post about publicly condeming children?

Let me state that what I meant with "Aaryn's parents/family supporting her" was that I feel/felt that if media, anyone was to approach Aaryn's parents, in my gut I feel that her parents may be the parents that would condone Aaryn's behavior that we have seen on the show.

I never once stated that they would 'not love her unconditionally' nor did I say 'publicly condemn her'.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Can I just say that I was taken aback at how beautiful Julie looked. She really was quite striking.

It was a good conversation regarding the subject. I thought the ladies took a well moderated approach to what happened. My favorite bit was Julie drawing a line between an insensitive remark and a mean-spirited one. It is what makes Aaryn's comments so vile.

I was glad The Talk and Julie decided to make a statement regarding this issue with some of the HG's.

Julie was personally offended by the Asian remarks by Aaryn. I actually felt badly for her as Julie recalled being bullied (for being Asian) as a child growing up in NYC.

Several of the ladies felt that there is something terribly wrong with Aaryn to be so young and say such hateful things about other people.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread