+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 663
Like Tree452Likes

Thread: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

  1. #591
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    There are two HOH comps this week: one on Tuesday to be shown on the Wed show and the Live eviction on Thurs.

    At the end of the Wed show we will know the final four. At the end of the Thurs show we will know the final three.

    The POV winner during the second set shown live on Thurs will be the sole vote for eviction as the two nominees and the HOH cannot vote.

    This coming HOH (5 to 4) will be more important than POV; then the POV will be more important on the next round (4 to 3).

    McCrae has said he wants to win this next HOH. He can decide (at least partially) the fate of two people. Of course, as usual, the POV winner may take himself down or take someone else down and cannot be replacement.

    If he can then turn around and win the next POV (4 to 3) he has the game well in hand.
    They still don't know there is an eviction and HOH on Tuesday yet do they?

    Maybe McCrae and Judd remember. Although Judd is jumpy and kept saying he can't wait until Thursday so may be he doesn't recall ... or he may be trying to throw the others off?

    Anyway ... can the winner of this next HOH play again at 4 to 3 ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  2. #592
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,237

    Re: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Are we ever going to see the jury house( sigh)
    Punkin and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #593
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    The big thing that Andy has going for him in going down to his explaining and justifying his game play is that he IS a strong public speaker - he teaches it after all. So I think he would have the skill and ability to go through saying "remember when I did this ... let me explain why". When I first saw him tell Amanda in his goodbye speech to her that he'd been the vote against her, I was floored thinking he was a fool to show his hand to a jury member. However, I think that may have been part of his closing argument to the jury. He knows that Amanda would be more likely to respect game play. By telling her that before she got to the jury house, he sends her in there wondering how else he's played all sides, and giving her time to share that thought with the other jury members. It's risky, because it all depends on the mood of the jury. We've seen some seasons where they were mad that they'd been played, and emotionally voted for the finalist who played a weak game but didn't trick them. We've seen other seasons where the jury has realized they were played, respected it, and voted for the effective floater. But Andy certainly has the ability to get a clear concise throught across in speaking to the jury.
    Well ... I disagree about him being a strong public speaker. He can be persuasive, yes, but I don't think in giving a speech. I thought the Lincoln/Anderson Cooper speech from the block ... flat out stunk.

    He may use some of the public speaking tools and rules to speak ... but that doesn't make him good. Yes he teaches it,but it's a lightweight class.
    If I am on the jury and hear him use speaking "tricks" and political tactics ... I won't vote for him.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  4. #594
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,891

    Re: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

    I suspect the houseguests like Andy a whole lot more than we do.
    scoot13 and doolollie like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

  5. #595
    FORT Fogey Sticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,545

    Re: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephmo View Post
    The more I think about this, the more I think they're right.

    See, we know what they don't know. We've seen Andy's DRs and his behavior from above - all the manipulating and whatnot. They see a weak Andy. Andy has to convince them of what we know in all of 20 or 30 minutes. Tough sell.

    His argument, in a nutshell, is this: See, I wasn't a floater, I was a master manipulator who convinced you to never put me up under any circumstances and convinced you to put up people I wanted up the whole time!

    Few issues:
    - How many people have we seen in Big Brother try the whole, "just because you didn't see my game doesn't mean I didn't have a game!" speech?
    - He has to convince people they were easily manipulated and fell for his act (which makes individuals feel dumb) and then convince them to hand him money.
    - Everyone next to him has actually won things and used them in a game-way. Vetos, HOHs, etc. None of them were afraid of getting blood on their hands.
    - The jury house is filled with individuals that were willing (they think so) to make major game moves - not people looking to lay low.
    - Outside of not going on the block, I don't think Andy has a major "move" outside of "I didn't vote for you, Amanda!" that can't be rightfully claimed by someone else - I really don't think Andy's slick enough to convince someone that their move was really his all along.
    - Andy's main manipulation really consists of the following: I'm emotionally fragile, I'm desperate for a F2 deal with you & I want to be here and have fun with you guys! In other words, I've spent the summer convincing you I'm weak and I want to now tell you that, no, you fell for my act and I'm the one that got here all by myself - not because you wanted to drag me along because you were so convinced I was super weak.

    Andy vs. McCrae - I think McCrae wins
    Andy vs. GinaMarie - I honestly think the women give GinaMarie the money
    Andy vs. Spencer - this is probably the closest vote, but Spencer spent a ton of time on the block without crying and finally won an HOH - where he'll get out Judd
    Andy vs. Judd - I don't think anyone will give Judd the money in the end because they'll remember he was supposed to go home

    ETA: I could be very wrong on all of this. This is heavily tinged with not liking Andy's game play. And being desperate to find a way to justify why players might be putting up with him on some sort of actual game level.
    Well thought out and a great post. This is basically how I see it too.

  6. #596
    Good/Bad DAN + ED Fan andee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    6,704

    Re: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

    I think the jury will see Andy's game, as they come out.

    To me, Andy vs. McCrae=McCrae.

    But--Andy vs. GM=Andy and
    Andy vs. Spencer=Andy.

    It's so hard to say, I'm really just guessing.
    This is on the assumption that J-U-Double D is gone.

  7. #597
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,237

    Re: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    I think the jury will see Andy's game, as they come out.

    To me, Andy vs. McCrae=McCrae.

    But--Andy vs. GM=Andy and
    Andy vs. Spencer=Andy.

    It's so hard to say, I'm really just guessing.
    This is on the assumption that J-U-Double D is gone.
    I think you are right. I think Andy could also win over MC( another floater)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  8. #598
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Giving the win to McCrae will be seen as giving it to Amanda.
    Punkin likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  9. #599
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Giving the win to McCrae will be seen as giving it to Amanda.
    I agree. If the rumor is true, Andy is next HOH. It doesn't matter who goes on the block because they will all play for veto. Senseless to plan a back door. So Mc on the block with either Spencer or GM would leave the solitary voter taking out Mc, if he does not win the veto. He very well could.
    I love not knowing.

    I think anyone will win if up against McCrae but they don't see that. I can hear the jury speaches, now.

    Amanda will not see any money should Mc win, no way. The conversation on BBAD, night before last, between Spencer and Mc sure seemed to indicate that Mc knows their relationship will not have any legs when they are out.

  10. #600
    Team DAN schmoo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    O-H-I-O
    Posts
    3,262

    Re: BB15 Strategy Discussion Thread

    If the rumor is true and won this HOH, he has it in the bag now. all his scheming and working in with everyone - along with saying he won an HOH when it mattered - he most likely has the win. Sucks. but any of them would. Oh Well.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.