+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree796Likes

Thread: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **Live Feed Spoilers**

Re: 9/19 FINALE Show Discussion **Live Feed Spoilers**

What is so amazing to me is we had 3 thrown Comps in the Final HOH competitions. That has to be a record in the finals. Ian + Dani threw the 1st one, and Dan threw the 3rd one (pretty sure about this because 2 of the questions he got wrong, even I knew the answer + I am usually really bad at the HG questions). It took a lot of nerve for Dan to throw that 3rd comp, even if he expected Ian to take him, it was still a little dangerous.

As far as the Jury Voting, I really do think they took into account that Dan had won before. Jenn even admitted it last night in the interview that was her reason. I suspect a lot of the others also had that reasoning, but wont admit that was part of their reason to vote for Ian. They were all so happy for Ian.

I also think Dan just pushed it a little too far with always relying on others to take him, rather than just play to win at the end. Winning the final HOH leaves a big impression as far as trying to win the championship. It is nice to be able to say that you won the final HOH. I don't quite understand Dan's insecurity in trying to compete in the comps. I think if he tried in those, he may do well.

Overall, it was a great finish to a great season.

I hope Danielle gets whatever help she needs in order to be able to handle the aftermath. No doubt that she will dig out info on how people thought of her. The way she was asking Shane questions at the end was proof she was already starting that path. It seems to me Shane was burning the bridge with her already with the "live too far" comment. Danielle will have the toughest time of any of them. I do hope she gets some support that she will need.
    RealVoyeur and primadonna like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    Anyone watching The Talk yet, she said Dan, Ian, and Dani were on today.. I dvr'd but just miss getting things transcribed already lol
    They will also be doing interviews with Jeff for Big Brother at CBS.com.
    Madison_2008 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The fact that on NONE of these shows with returnees, the newbies don't seem to be smart enough to boot returnees & especially returnee winners immediately simply amazes me.
    We see it all the time. The newbies get starstruck & gullible & the ones with experience walk all over them.
    It's their own darned faults for being naive & even stupid in this regard.
    As many times as we've seen returnees win or at least get to the finals on these reality competition shows, you'd think everyone would wise up. But nooooooooo. It happens over & over again.
    mrsean and monie like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    Anyone watching The Talk yet, she said Dan, Ian, and Dani were on today.. I dvr'd but just miss getting things transcribed already lol
    I'll try to catch it and post over in the Post-Finale interviews thread.
    Madison_2008 likes this.
    "I know the ocean by heart." -David, BB15

Obviously Britney and Jenn weren't "bitter" towards Dan based on the jury footage we saw of them, they admitted that he played a great game, yet they still voted for Ian! I don't think Ian's win can all be boiled down to "bitterness". Maybe the jury thought Ian was the best overall player? I am very happy that Ian won but then again while I liked Dan OK I wasn't a Dan superfan to begin with.

Congratulations IAN!!!!
    jadewarlock and Sticker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The fact that on NONE of these shows with returnees, the newbies don't seem to be smart enough to boot returnees & especially returnee winners immediately simply amazes me.
    We see it all the time. The newbies get starstruck & gullible & the ones with experience walk all over them.
    It's their own darned faults for being naive & even stupid in this regard.
    As many times as we've seen returnees win or at least get to the finals on these reality competition shows, you'd think everyone would wise up. But nooooooooo. It happens over & over again.
    Ian was starstruck, and yet he won.
    jadewarlock and Sticker like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So does anyone know if Dan will get the $50K in addition to the $20K for returning coaches like Janelle, Boogie and Brit. Or will he only get the $50K..

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    Obviously Britney and Jenn weren't "bitter" towards Dan based on the jury footage we saw of them, they admitted that he played a great game, yet they still voted for Ian! I don't think Ian's win can all be boiled down to "bitterness". Maybe the jury thought Ian was the best overall player? I am very happy that Ian won but then again while I liked Dan OK I wasn't a Dan superfan to begin with.

Congratulations IAN!!!!
    I think Ian won (and I would have voted for him) for the simple fact that Ian did his own dirty work and got blood on his own hands. Dan just manipulated everyone to do his dirty work and they wore his blood.

I didnt read through this thread, so forgive me if anyone touched on this... I think Dan was horrible to Ian in the F2 speech. He blew that speech, between pointing out all he did wrong to the jury members to bashing Ian and being generally nasty, I was not impressed with Dan by the end of the show. Glad Ian won.

And... last thought... Frank for Fan Favorite? If that doesnt scream "producer manipulation".. nothing does. Way to set 'ol Frank boy up for an All Stars pass.
    RealVoyeur and Sticker like this.

Not too thrilled with Frank's AC win but I don't find it too surprising. The final 2 players are ineligible for that prize and I imagine Ian and Dan, especially Ian, received a LOT of the AC votes. So I think Frank's win was probably due more to vote splitting between Frank, Britney, Janelle, and maybe Shane? Even if you look at the poll here on the live feeds board once you remove Ian and Dan's vote you see that Frank got quite a few votes, which is really something considering Frank was so overwhelmingly disliked on this board.
    mrsean, JustJuls and Sticker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Naive buffoon's can be a few players in the house....those being some of the QP. Talk about being naive... played... "mistified" or just blind.

While one might think Frank is a "naive buffoon" , at least he played the game and won some challenges. If he wasn't such a naive buffoon... he probably would have won the game.
    I disagree - only because I a. don't reward those who are vile toward another contestant (and he made BOOGIE seem polite) and b. reward someone who obviously was saved by Grodner with the whole nonsense of the HOH votes don't count if the coaches choose to enter the game (which she knew they would because all would think Mike would hit the buzzer so they figured just as well - and I do feel he knew it too hence why he DIDN'T do that).

Sorry, I'm not saying Dan or Ian should've won it, but I will maintain this was given to Frank. (If you must know - factoring if Dan/Ian were ineligible, my vote would be Jenn. I thought she was fun to watch and was probably the most gracious of the evictees).
    4thatchers likes this.

+ Reply to Thread