View Poll Results: What do you think of Dan's gameplay?

Voters
350. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

266 76.00%
  • Hate it

67 19.14%
  • I don't care either way

17 4.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Dan's gameplay: love it or hate it?

Re: Dan's gameplay: love it or hate it?

I love it. Love it, love it, love it. Sure, Dan's been overplaying a little bit in the last couple weeks, but I think he'd rather get evicted for overplaying than for not giving it his best shot and playing as hard as he can. Dan's an odd duck in the game, in that he's one of the few players who has gone through the whole game knowing it's a game, and not getting so caught up in friends/showmances/alliances to forget that in the end, there's only one winner. I think his play has reflected that. It's never been personal, and I value that about Dan. A number of players figure that lesson out with time and once they get out of the madness, but the fact that Dan was able to retain that attitude inside the house makes me love his game (the contrast to Frank taking everything personal is striking -- gotta love Brit for keepin' it real in the jury house).

The house had every chance to get Dan out. They didn't do it. There were a hundred chances for people to say no, to walk away, and they didn't.

I do feel a little uncomfortable with the way Dan's DRs are always 'stabby stabby' as of late, but I don't trust AG as far as I can throw her in regards to Dan's edit, and with how long his DRs have been, I can only imagine how cherry-picked those are.

Dan's managed to play a great game AND keep us entertained, and for me, that's win/win. And while he wants the 500k and is gunning for it, getting to the Final 2 in itself nets $50k, and that's nothing to sneeze at. If he didn't play the way he did, I don't think he would have had a chance for ANY money. Sometimes you have to go the Alison route and sacrifice the jury to get ANY payday. If they get over their bitterness and accept that the man who got them out deserves the be the 2-time king, even better.

"Someone's boring me. I think it's me." ~Dylan Thomas

A few posters echo my sentiments. While Dan has made some hard game choices he does not belittle or mock other house guests. I have no problem with how he's playing the game. The first week he saw two of his players evicted. Dani was hanging on by a thread and Dan was close to losing his last member and walking out the door. He managed to keep her safe while he was a coach. I think the turning point in his game was when Boogie was on the block and eventually evicted. He took a lot of heat for his alliance. Ending up on the block for doing so and not seeing his alliance put up much of a fight to save him. 24 hours in solitaire made him realize he's there to win. And everyone he's taken out makes perfect sense. Britney and Ian were a strong alliance and would be difficult to break up. Frank was a huge threat and you don't have many opportunities to take out a strong player like that. Shane and Danielle were too close and jeopardized his final two shot. If he can take Danielle to the end he deserves to win. He's had as big a target on him as Frank or Boogie and has managed to dodge every arrow slung at him.

FORT Fan

Love it, love it, LOVE IT! Nothing Dan has done makes me "cringe" or think badly of him. I think he is brilliant at this game and fully deserves the win. I hope Britney can keep the jury focused on the fact that it's just a game and he's playing it better than anyone, and that Frank won't sway too many people with his bitterness and jealousy.

Even though I do think Dan wants to take Dani to final 2 because of the coach/player thing, I can't stand the thought of her getting a penny. I would love to see a Dan/Ian final 2 with Dan as the winner. No one else even comes close to deserving the win as much as Dan does. And the fact that he won before should NOT be part of the equation. It's who's the best, not who needs the money.

I agree with lurkernomore that Dan's 24 hours in solitary made him realize he's there to win.
    It gave him time think & plan in private with no distractions. What was intended as a punishment turned out to be a huge blessing & empowerment in disguise. I saw a big change in his game after that. Before he was definitely playing, but after he seemed to have it all planned out with options. Like he created a step-by-step process with alternates.
    This shows a guy who turns lemons into lemonade. Instead of moping, feeling left out & thinking "Oh woe is me" like so many others would have, he turned it into an opportunity.
    I like that.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

RJL
    FORT Newbie

Dr. Will is my favorite HG of all. After this season, Dan has moved up to #2.

If you don't enjoy people lying and manipulating their way to a half million dollars, this show is probably a disappointment for you, more often than not.

It's a game, and most realize that. Yet, every year it seems there is the HG who plays hard, gets evicted, and then claims a moral high ground(Frank this year). However, they were simply outplayed, so boo hoo for them and their wee wittle ego.

Certainly there is something to be said for ensuring you can convince the jury to vote for you. Though, Dr. Will did a good job of setting the precedent years ago, of having members of the jury despise you, and still give you their vote based on your gameplay. If there is ANY respect for this game, from the current jury members, they will award Dan the victory should he make it to the final 2. It's been a tremendous turn around for the guy who was a coach down to his last player.

I could care less who, or what, he has sworn on. This is Big Brother, not tiddly winks at Sunday school for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    I'm starting to think that he'd love to win again but getting Danielle to the end for a chance to win is really important to him being her coach, and he was not lying about that... Shane was always much sweeter to her when she was in power, and here so close to the very end, he really started pouring it on, with the date and extra kisses and whatnot.. so Shane was in this for himself (as everyone should be really) anyway.
    In Shane's interview with Jeff he said it was all real. He said he was trying to keep their intimate relationship quiet so no one else knew.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie8863 View Post
    In Shane's interview with Jeff he said it was all real. He said he was trying to keep their intimate relationship quiet so no one else knew.
    So no one else knew??? Well, he should have told Danielle that, then he might have had a chance of doing it! It was really obvious even to the other hamsters that Dani had a big crush on him. Certainly not obvious to ANYONE that the reverse was true! Maybe he's hoping to help her spend her 50K or 500K, although to be fair he doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. Of course since he rarely talks we don't really know what kind of guy he is.

Love it in all areas. He has taken over my favorite spot that Dr. Will previously had. I hope people on the jury loose their bitterness as all he has done is play the game well.
    livin4reality and iwatchtv like this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie8863 View Post
    So he took her on a trip? He's such a rock
    Madison_2008 likes this.
    "All right, my turn." -Zach, BB16

i realized Dan was the greatest BB player when Libra did in his season finale

---

never cared for dr will or any of that chilltown nonsense

Dan & E.D. are the best players imo... they are focused on winning

---

btw i am so sick on Danielle, she is whining so damn much... Dan got her to the end and she is not focused on the grand prize ...if i was Dan i would take Ian and vice versa... Danielle so concerned about Shane she can go be with him and let Dian take the $550k

then i would toss the $25 to Brit
    Rattus and GabbyG like this.

+ Reply to Thread