Poll: What do you think of Dan's gameplay?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Dan's gameplay: love it or hate it?

Re: Dan's gameplay: love it or hate it?

I'm starting to think that he'd love to win again but getting Danielle to the end for a chance to win is really important to him being her coach, and he was not lying about that... Shane was always much sweeter to her when she was in power, and here so close to the very end, he really started pouring it on, with the date and extra kisses and whatnot.. so Shane was in this for himself (as everyone should be really) anyway.
    ...I can't wait until the first pictures come thru of some other being destroying the Mars Rover

Dan is hands down the best player in the house. I've been watching since season 1 so I get how the game works. This is how you play to win, end of story.

Saying that, IMO I think Dan lacks the charm that Dr. Will had. So when I see his antics and his diary room sessions, it makes me cringe more rather than laugh.

We all have different personalities, so we are going to "judge" different ways whether we know the facts or not. So I get the devoted Dan fans and I get the ones that have jumped the fence.

All in all, the season was great and that is all we can ask for every summer.
    smartguy24 likes this.

I wish Dan could win, but I don't think he will get the votes.

Frank - no
    Shane - no
    Ashley - no
    Joe - no

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I wish Dan could win, but I don't think he will get the votes.

Frank - no
    Shane - no
    Ashley - no
    Joe - no
    We also thought that April, Michelle, Jerry and Ollie wouldn't vote for him
    Lightfoot, mrsean, GabbyG and 1 others like this.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I don't see Dan being able to win 7-0 again, but I think he can swing most of the votes his way if he attacks if the right way. The only people I just don't see voting for him no matter what are Shane and Joe. I really do think everyone else who ends up there (if it's him vs. Dani) can be swayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    I'm starting to think that he'd love to win again but getting Danielle to the end for a chance to win is really important to him being her coach, and he was not lying about that... Shane was always much sweeter to her when she was in power, and here so close to the very end, he really started pouring it on, with the date and extra kisses and whatnot.. so Shane was in this for himself (as everyone should be really) anyway.
    True, and to take that even further, Dan kept Dani along for the ride just like he kept Memphis along for the ride, so that when it comes to the F2 speeches, Dan can just list all the things he did, and Dani, like Memphis, will have to stammer through her answers, not being able to offer more than "I helped."

I seriously wonder if Ian is totally in this for himself -- in the past he's talked about making BB history more than winning, which is another reason he became attractive to Dan as a Memphis backup.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH View Post
    I don't see Dan being able to win 7-0 again, but I think he can swing most of the votes his way if he attacks if the right way. The only people I just don't see voting for him no matter what are Shane and Joe. I really do think everyone else who ends up there (if it's him vs. Dani) can be swayed.
    Right. I don't see a 7-0 win again either. I was just saying I didn't see all those people voting for him in season 10....and they did. So stranger things have happened
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by jeff 4ever View Post
    I'm not saying It's real life. However, as a former educator, you always had to be on guard of actions in your personal life. He deserves an A for strategy and an F for method of execution. He will never get enough jury votes against either of the two idiots he's in there with
    I have no problem with the game he's played. He has admitted to having to do far more lying and deceiving that he would like but it is a game. He has never been mean and nasty. Cutthroat is not the same thing. So far as swearing on his wife's name and the Bible....while it's makes me uncomfortable and I'm not sure that I would take that path, the only thing that may cost him is votes. I imagine he's a pretty good teacher and I would have no problem with his teaching my children. Is he a high school teacher? I think my kids would have loved him and probably learned a great deal.

He may or may not win this game. It truly depends on how quickly the rest of those ousted get over themselves and recognize that they were not just having a Big Brother sleepover all summer, they were playing a game that by it's very nature involved deceit and Dan proved to be the master. What is funny is these folks should have been able to see that his logic was only logical for his game.
    iwatchtv likes this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Dan's gameplay has made this season as entertaining as it has been. You just never know what he's going to do next, and how he will pull it off. And, although he has played ruthless in a way, he never got personal with anyone. I dislike that even more. There is no need to sit around calling people names like "used up brown dishwater". Just play the game, don't get emotional, and make big moves. That is what he has done.
    Madison_2008 likes this.

I'm in the same sort of camp as MFWalkoff and lilcountriegal. There's just something about his methods that have begun to make me incredibly uncomfortable. They just explained it better than me.

One thing I can't take away, he actually has the guts to make the big moves. Not like countless others who talk about needing to make a big move and then do basically nothing (hi Jenn City!). When he makes big moves, it's obvious, and makes for amazing TV. Props.

Another thing I can't take away is his loyalty. I really do hope Dan and Danielle make the F2. It really is a perfect story arc. Managing an emotional basketcase can't be easy. Again, props.

Nice guy? Probably. Just doesn't seem like somebody I'd like to hang out with personally. My absolute favorite contestants, I like them to be funny. I don't really find Dan my type of "funny", but that's just me.

Swearing on the bible? I've always wished they had better ways to "prove" their allegiance in there than swearing on a bunch of stuff. But still, whatever. Swearing on the bible, as George Carlin so rightly points out, is kid stuff. Swear on whatever you like. It doesn't matter. What's going to happen if you lie? Nothing!

All in all, I can't really hate the guy for much of anything, and I really am glad the majority of you get to watch one of your favorite players for a second time. He's just not my favorite taste.
    RealVoyeur and NeverGetGot like this.

+ Reply to Thread