Poll: What do you think of Dan's gameplay?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Dan's gameplay: love it or hate it?

Re: Dan's gameplay: love it or hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I would love to see this same poll given to people who only watch the show and don't read forums or watch the feeds.
    I'd be curious about the same, given my conversations with my non-feed-watching family who love BB -- they HATE Dan, and I ended up in a shouting match with my father on the phone defending Dan's honor (this is what BB season is like in our boring, normal suburban lives) because of INTEGRITY and HONOR and ALLIANCES and that SWEET LITTLE SOUTHERN GIRL.
    GabbyG likes this.

"Someone's boring me. I think it's me." ~Dylan Thomas

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeverGetGot View Post
    A few people touched on it. I absolutely appreciate what Dan has done for this season but the adament swearing on the bibble and on his "dead grandfather"......that one bothers me. I am an Atheist and I really don't care what your religion is but if you are going to carry yourself as devout in your faith and use it as a tool.....that's a little rotten but gosh dang, it sure is entertaining. He saved us from a Shane/Dani final....NUFF SAID.
    That's what bugs me too. He reads the bible, lives his life according to biblical principles and teaches at a Catholic school so swearing on a bible should mean something to him; it's more than just symbolic to him and shouldn't be used as a game tactic. If it was someone who wasn't religious and they swore on the bible it wouldn't bother me as much because they don't believe in the "teachings of the bible". But Dan does, so I think it's kind of despicable. (I'm not religious)

Many people can quote bible scriptures, try to live their life a certain way and yet forget all about those passages when it suits them. Certain politicians are great at doing this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

i dont really watch feeds

i watch the show basically and drop in and read a page or 2 and bits of bbad

the only thing i got that is not on the show is Dani excessive whining and hearing Shane's name still

Ian looking like a sad puppy, putting up with this whiner trying to make him feel guilty bout something

anybody can see that Dan is playing the game... this is not a niceness contest or "moral" or "ethical" contest.. you do what you need to do
    NCLurker and imissme like this.

FORT Regular Tick Tick Bomb Champion NeverGetGot's Avatar

I think what we can all agree on is that we are all discussing it, debating it, dissecting it, analyzing it.....this is what we want in this show (or atleast what I want) someone who can be somewhat controversial without being disgusting. Someone who can change the way the game is played without tarnishing the integrity of it. He has cemented himself as the best of BB, no matter how you feel about it. That's what I love and can appreciate.
    dagwood, mrsean, Hyper and 6 others like this.
    "Do not become a mere recorder of facts, but try to penetrate the mystery of their origin." ~Ivan Pavlov~

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    That's what bugs me too. He reads the bible, lives his life according to biblical principles and teaches at a Catholic school so swearing on a bible should mean something to him; it's more than just symbolic to him and shouldn't be used as a game tactic. If it was someone who wasn't religious and they swore on the bible it wouldn't bother me as much because they don't believe in the "teachings of the bible". But Dan does, so I think it's kind of despicable. (I'm not religious)

Many people can quote bible scriptures, try to live their life a certain way and yet forget all about those passages when it suits them. Certain politicians are great at doing this.
    I agree .As for him being the best player, not for me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I'm interested to see who everything thinks is the best player to ever play the game. Maybe a new poll?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    I'm interested to see who everything thinks is the best player to ever play the game. Maybe a new poll?
    I'm interested, because I know about a month ago my #1 and #2 flip flopped.
    JustJuls likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    I would be so torn
    "All right, my turn." -Zach, BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree .As for him being the best player, not for me.
    DEFINITELY NOT my favorite player.... never was... still NOT!

Also, I think there is a difference between favorite player and best player.
    I think that if he wins this season, it will be hard to argue that he's not the best player.
    "Favorite" player is much more personal choice and specific to the individual making the choice.

I definitely think that he's taken it to a new level this season. I think that there are infinite ways to manipulate people, and levels of sophistication of manipulation - and I thoroughly enjoy watching him make moves that have never been made before. I enjoy watching him prepare for different possibilities and cover all of his bases - on one hand it looks like "over-playing" - but really, it's the smartest thing to do to win.

As much as it makes me uncomfortable on a personal level, I love watching him discover what makes people tick, where people are vulnerable, where they are weak in their make-up and exploiting those weaknesses with a finesse that is so smooth, people don't realize that it's happening. That's the mist. The reason that the mist works is that it's tailor-made for whoever he's talking to at the time. Even when he's pissing people off, they aren't that pissed off. To be able to do this, he has to get to know people - and he spends a lot of time listening and not that much talking. He doesn't give his opinions about a lot. He remains neutral, and then distracts people when they notice his neutrality. He asks a ton of questions, partly because he has a curious nature, but mostly to figure out how to manipulate each individual the best.

The other gift that Dan has is that even when he's lying, he's tapping into the part of him that believes it's the truth. I think he absolutely means a lot of what he says...it's just not the whole truth or the majority of the truth. That's why people fall for it, because there is a level of genuineness that can't be faked. He just moves into the small part of himself that believes what he's saying.

His precision and combination of using these various interpersonal and manipulation skills is what makes him the "best" player.
    I'm not sure that he's my favorite either. I would have to check all my values before I could answer that.
    Last edited by gratefulgirl; 09-18-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    MajiH, RealVoyeur, Hyper and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread