Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Like Tree511Likes

Thread: 9/13 - BB14 Live Feed Discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/13 - BB14 Live Feed Discussion

When is part 2 played, anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    After Ian dropped from the comp, I turned off the feeds, got out of the house, went downtown and had some cocktails and sang some showtunes. I'm watching BBAD from my DVR right now.

No matter how much the others need to blame themselves for falling for the Mist, I can't help but feel creeped out by how far Dan has burrowed into their heads. It's overkill. It's more than a sane person needs to do to win this game. I don't blame Dani for bawling, and Ian for pacing the house like a mouse in a cage. This is a truly creepy territory that we've wandered into this season.

Even if Dani was doing it b/c Dan put it in her head, I hope she actually does keep a F2 with Ian. At this point, I don't care that Dan has outplayed everyone else by a mile. His Dantics entertained me through the funeral, and then he just got cold and creepy. For me, this game isn't entertaining to watch if this is the level of play. Dan went too far, and I want to results of this season to reflect that.

Ugh.
    I couldn't quite figure out what had started to rub me the wrong way, but I think this nails it exactly.
    Allie likes this.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!

Quote Originally Posted by Mari79 View Post
    Dani's doing what Dan told her to do.

Unbelievable the power of the mist.
    This was the point that really drove this whole thing home for me.

As I sat there watching her and Ian whine about Dan I thought -- maybe for a weeeeeee little minute -- that she was wising up.

And then it happened.

"If I get to the third round, I'll win because...SHANE AND JENN TOLD ME HOW TO ANSWER!"

Wow.

Just what Dan told her to say.

He's brilliant. I know, after last night, I might be in the minority for admiring his moves but he truly is brilliant. He came into that house and soon saw his old game was not going to work and he adjusted accordingly. As someone posted yesterday (forgive for for not remembering your name!), everyone continued to play as partners while Dan saw them all for what they actually were. People standing between him and a possible half mill.

I'm thrilled with the season.

Althought I did feel a smidge bad for Shane last night. Poor dear.

Hope he gets a haircut in jury.

I do the think the manipulation has gotten a bit creepy, but I still admire Dan's game.

I don't want to blame the victims completely. Yes, they seem duped, almost beyond belief. However, if we look at Dan's people choices, it all makes more sense. Dan picked out Dani for his team right off, just because of how much she wanted to work with him. She won him over by pleading her case, demonstrating potential undying loyalty. After Ian got over his Boogie-worship, he switched over to Dan to pledge his allegiance. While Ian knows the game cold, and has massive respect for individual past HGs, he is not that great a player, especially socially.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH View Post
    This was the point that really drove this whole thing home for me.

As I sat there watching her and Ian whine about Dan I thought -- maybe for a weeeeeee little minute -- that she was wising up.

And then it happened.

"If I get to the third round, I'll win because...SHANE AND JENN TOLD ME HOW TO ANSWER!"

Wow.

Just what Dan told her to say.
    It really makes no sense that anyone could tell you how they will answer those questions ahead of time. Ian was puzzled by it but let it go. He may figure it out later. I think Dani even threw in something about Ashley too. That right there gives it away. How could anyone predict how Ashley would answer.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24 View Post
    I couldn't quite figure out what had started to rub me the wrong way, but I think this nails it exactly.
    I dont see why people think this is creepy, to me he is just playing the game really good, its all part of it and if he is getting in there brain zapping and misting them out then even better. Britt sees it, Jannelle, and even Boogie sees it, thats why they were not mad at getting evicted, just a game and nothing personal. In that house I would be the same way and I am nothing like that in real life..the BB house is not real life and these rookies take it all personal like its real life especially Frank, if you get emotional and take all the lying and backs stabbing personal they never should have signed up for BB.......
    NCLurker, mrsean, Moontat and 2 others like this.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    It is possible for all 3 finalists to win money this year. Ian may be a shoe-in to win America's Choice and Dani and Dan can be final 2. It makes perfect sense.

Now for the big red flag for me.......I think it odd that Britney kept using the same term everyone is using on her to describe Dan's game play. She called it being "misted". There is no way that this incidental. I think the jury house people are having access to the internet discussion or they are being given information from TPTB!! Too much obvious manipulation for me this year.
    Brittany is the one who made up Misting, thats were the internet got it from...

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Okay, this is the 3rd time I've tried to post and I've managed to delete it as I was finishing each time. Let's see if I can actually get it posted this time.

You and I are looking at this game from different perspectives. I don't see anything that Dan has done or said as creepy. Dan has been working the game from all sides and has done it masterfully. However, I think that any creepiness comes into play from the other side. That side being the one of all of the folks who bought what he was selling no matter what it was. Ever since the "Hail Mary" that was his own funeral he has been playing a game way against the odds (or he should have been). We have (at least those of you with the live feeds have) been privy to the conversations that Dan has used to get his bidding done. Dan's plans were outlandish because no one should have bought into them. Was he spinning things? Obviously. However, I think Dan is probably as amazed as anyone that he has been able to get people to go along with whatever he has suggested. To me, the creepiness comes on the side of these folks being able to be led into decisions that don't sound reasonable as they are being put on the table for consideration. Even as these decisions have been made the folks choosing to go along with them KNOW that they are probably being stupid and do it anyway. That is NOT a flaw in Dan, that is a flaw in their ability to play the game. Dan could have thrown in the towel many times. Most players would have. He just never stops playing, even when that means going for the "Hail Mary". The thing with "Hail Marys" is that you usually only get to see one or two a game and rarely do they succeed. Dan just keeps throwing them down field and they continue to work.

So, I find it creepy that in this experiment, these people continue to do the same things even when they are aware of what the outcome has been in the very recent past.

Go Dan! I really think he deserves the win, but even if he doesn't get it he has proven that he is as good as his original game indicated. And yes, I do know that with a different bunch this may not have worked, but it shouldn't have with this group.
    100 % agree
    march and Madison_2008 like this.

"Dan could have thrown in the towel many times. Most players would have. He just never stops playing, even when that means going for the "Hail Mary". The thing with "Hail Marys" is that you usually only get to see one or two a game and rarely do they succeed. Dan just keeps throwing them down field and they continue to work."

I agree with this part, whole-heartedly, McL.
    march likes this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    I do the think the manipulation has gotten a bit creepy, but I still admire Dan's game.

I don't want to blame the victims completely. Yes, they seem duped, almost beyond belief. However, if we look at Dan's people choices, it all makes more sense. Dan picked out Dani for his team right off, just because of how much she wanted to work with him. She won him over by pleading her case, demonstrating potential undying loyalty. After Ian got over his Boogie-worship, he switched over to Dan to pledge his allegiance. While Ian knows the game cold, and has massive respect for individual past HGs, he is not that great a player, especially socially.
    You may not want to blame the victims, however, the victims are 100% responsible for their response to Dan's actions/manipulation/misting. Even in real life, and sometimes terrible situations, while we are not responsible for anyone else's responses/behavior, we are always 100% responsible for how we respond. That is a tough but true statement. We are a product of our past/circumstances/etc. and those things may be out of our control, just as another's words/actions are out of our control, but our response.....we have to own!
    mrsean, Shoepie and Madison_2008 like this.

+ Reply to Thread