+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647
Like Tree340Likes

Thread: 8/31 - BB14 Live Feed Discussion

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: 8/31 - BB14 Live Feed Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I've wondered why people said Jeff was a homophobe.
    Definitely taken out of context and blown WAY out of proportion. And personally I don't remember him saying that he wouldn't want his child to be taught by a gay individual. It's also obvious from Jeff's real life that he doesn't feel this way
    smartguy24 likes this.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    Definitely taken out of context and blown WAY out of proportion. And personally I don't remember him saying that he wouldn't want his child to be taught by a gay individual. It's also obvious from Jeff's real life that he doesn't feel this way
    I remember people being quite vehement about it. Seemed odd. He never struck me as an exclusive individual. The whole thing seemed odd to me. At least now I know why people were saying it. Thanks for the perspective. The Jeff hate was hard for me to wrap my head around.
    JustJuls likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Just catching up on some stuff last night...

Danielle teaching Joe how to dance (or the more likely explanation, trying to turn him on...) is pretty frigging funny. I don't know if it was alcohol or what but I appreciate the good sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    I agree that it was taken way out of proportion. Dan and Ian were talking about various controversial things that never aired. They talked about Jerry for quite a bit.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I'm sorry, but I watched the feeds that night -- Jeff went on an extended rant about how inappropriate it was, not only for a man in the position of headmaster to be gay, but for an author to put such things in a book that children read. (And BTW, Rowling never put it in the books, she mentioned Dumbledore's orientation in an interview after the books were all out). He and Kalia went at it for quite a while, and he was angry about it.

Perhaps it wouldn't seem as much like something to make a deal over if he also hadn't casually used the word "f****t" in Season 11. I'm sure he's had time to reflect over it since then, but I can't dismiss the Dumbledore conversation as nothing.

I wish I had stayed up for Dan and Ian's HoH convo -- after a night of nothing on the feeds, I read that they had a really good heart-to-heart talk.
    Allie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread