+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Like Tree641Likes

Thread: 8/8 - BB14 Live Feed Discussion

Re: 8/8 - BB14 Live Feed Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
    Wil and Ashley are cats...

Wil's hair is kinda grody.

They bash Janelle for a bit and are now talking about snacks. Riveting stuff
    Hey cats don't deserve to be compared to those two jealous rats.

This season of bb has gotten so terrible that Glass House is starting to look more appealing... OMG can't believe its come to that!
    Not sure if this is all set up for Boogies sake but have had enough of this season, think I might just write it off as a bad nightmare.
    Got to be the meanest set of houseguests in years at this point they deserve what ever nastiness they get at the hands of boogie, the slime ball.
    Punkin and Moontat like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thetvison View Post
    I'm pretty sure we had this same discussion last season over THAT Danielle and her production friends...but the facts are, by default, the category "reality television" precludes a show from the FCC/US govt rules about "game shows," so whatever production does, no matter how dishonest, is not considered illegal. The name "reality television" was applied--on purpose--to distinguish this type of "contest" show from the question-and-answer shows of the 1950s (specifically Dotto, $64,000 Question, $64,000 Challenge, and Twenty-One) that were the impetus for the "no cheating" rule in the first place. If you'd like to know more about it, I've got a whole dissertation on this very subject....

It still sucks, doesn't it?
    They are still competing for money. There has to be some kind of law (maybe the IRS?) to prevent CBS being able to interfere on behalf of one of the houseguests.
    maude~flanders likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Thanks for the recaps of the goings on last night. Seemed pretty quite. Thought I'd give Team Janelle their space to grieve (and the CBS conspiracy, Janelle is being wronged, everyone is evil, I'm never watch the feeds again, worst season ever talk was a bit of a downer).

Still can't believe after all the hysterics, Danielle was all over a wrestle with Shane. Wasn't she near tears realising she was about to throw the love of her life, Trey, away for a brief friend.

Sorry to the Janelle supporters, she's been great on other seasons. She just waited too long to form any bonds, her own team were not that close to her. She wasn't into it and it showed.
    Punkin and Lolli like this.

Jani couldn't play the game like she has in the past. In the past, she was able to flirt with guys and have them support her. She is married now and was not able to do that, so I think it hurt her game. I really think if she wasn't married, she would have FRank wrapped around her finger.
    Downsey likes this.

Eat, Swim, Sleep, Repeat thetvison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    They are still competing for money. There has to be some kind of law (maybe the IRS?) to prevent CBS being able to interfere on behalf of one of the houseguests.
    Nope, not one single thing anyone can do---it's the media conglomerates who essentially write the laws they want written, and then they "pay" politicians (in the form of monetary contributions to their reelection campaigns--media conglomerates, by the way, are the 4th-largest political campaign contributors) to introduce that legislation and pass it. Reality TV is 100% exempt from "fairness" laws.

ETA: yes, the percentage quote--while 100% true--was a little nod to Britney, who, as someoneone else pointed out in the last few days, really really loves her percentages
    Last edited by thetvison; 08-09-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    maude~flanders likes this.

I was surprised at how calm things were in the house the night before an eviction. Is it aslways like that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    "First Amanda came for the Moving Company, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't part of the Moving Company. Then Amanda came for the blacks, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't black. Then Amanda came for Judd, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't Judd. Then Amanda came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me."

Eat, Swim, Sleep, Repeat thetvison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Downsey View Post
    Thanks for the recaps of the goings on last night. Seemed pretty quite. Thought I'd give Team Janelle their space to grieve (and the CBS conspiracy, Janelle is being wronged, everyone is evil, I'm never watch the feeds again, worst season ever talk was a bit of a downer).

Still can't believe after all the hysterics, Danielle was all over a wrestle with Shane. Wasn't she near tears realising she was about to throw the love of her life, Trey, away for a brief friend.

Sorry to the Janelle supporters, she's been great on other seasons. She just waited too long to form any bonds, her own team were not that close to her. She wasn't into it and it showed.
    Sorry the talk last night was a downer, but I honestly do--for reasons too too numerous to list--consider this season to be worse than season 9 (and I honestly thought nothing could possibly be worse than that experiment-gone-wrong).

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

After seeing a few images of Danielle and Shane wrestling last night, I might have to go back into flashback to watch it just for the sake of getting some unflattering screencaps of her. Wowzers.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    The kitchen crew is now talking about sex. Frank says he's going "trolling for trim" when he gets out, and Wil starts in....

Yeah. Enough of this. I'm off to work.
    And we wonder why he and Boogie get along so well!

+ Reply to Thread