+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

Re: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

Here's the thing - in Dan's original season, I didn't think he would have the votes to win because so many people on the jury were mad at him. If they honestly vote for who wins the game based on game play, not personality, Dan wins in every scenario. He won his original season UNANIMOUSLY.
    Shane - did he ever have any kind of deal with Ian? Would he have voted Dan out if Dani hadn't used the veto?
    Brit - Dan, no question
    Joe - seems to me he would eventually be able to acknowledge Dan's superior game play.
    Frank - could be the Jerry vote... Ian did double cross him and Boogie first
    Jenn - Dan all the way
    Ashley - Dan because he comes first alphabetically
    Dani - Dan if Ian cuts her, if Dan cuts her, her head will explode so she won't be a vote either way
    Count your blessings!

Shane will NOT vote for Dan -- unlike Ollie, his anger will still be fresh when it comes time to vote. Plus, Ollie had April and her "Memphis doesn't deserve it" yammer in his ear.

If Ian is in the F2, Brit will be torn. Anyone else, and her admiration for Dan's play will kick in. But she and Ian are tight. She'll want to give him the money.

Post-eviction, Joe has said that he admired Dan's game, but when he hears Shane's story, Joe will flip to the other extreme and go on the warpath again (hoping there's a camera to catch it).

Frank is a simple man. Ahem. Shane's story will reinforce his Dan hatred. And as Frank goes, Ashley goes.

Jenn will stick by Dan. She's so out of the loop about what actually happened to her this summer, she has no reason not to.

Dani will vote for Dan with a bad taste in her mouth, but it won't matter. Ian wins.
    Sticker and lilcountriegal like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Here's the thing - in Dan's original season, I didn't think he would have the votes to win because so many people on the jury were mad at him. If they honestly vote for who wins the game based on game play, not personality, Dan wins in every scenario. He won his original season UNANIMOUSLY.
    Shane - did he ever have any kind of deal with Ian? Would he have voted Dan out if Dani hadn't used the veto?
    Brit - Dan, no question
    Joe - seems to me he would eventually be able to acknowledge Dan's superior game play.
    Frank - could be the Jerry vote... Ian did double cross him and Boogie first
    Jenn - Dan all the way
    Ashley - Dan because he comes first alphabetically
    Dani - Dan if Ian cuts her, if Dan cuts her, her head will explode so she won't be a vote either way
    I would like to see Dan win. I don't see this happening (see my post #400). Brit may have some influence in the jury house to get them off the personal vote and into 'this is a game' headset. However, she adores Ian and when Shane appears she may talk about what a great player Ian is to have made it to F2 with the master of the game, blah blah.... She is the one person in there that could sway a 'Dan for best player' vote. I see her as his only hope in the jury house.

As I see it, Ian is the winner unless Dan wins the last comp and takes Danielle. In this senario I could see Dan winning despite my previous post. He has a chance with Danielle and none with Ian.

If Dan and Ian are final 2, I honestly would be fine with either winning. Although I WANT Ian to win. Ian has loved the game and played his heart out (even with the "misting" and such and hero worship that seems to be going on). If it is Dan and Dani, my vindictive side wants Dani to win. IMHO Dan has relished this a bit too much and gone too far with the mind games when, again IMHO, he did not have to. I am not talking about if he is a good person or not. Just this is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I lean toward a mix of comp playing and social gaming. I wish Dan would just win more comps and not mess with people to "throw them." But it is a game.
    CherokeeRose likes this.

I definitely think that there is a lot of value in throwing comps early on. For the first part of the season, Dan had his hand in a lot of the evictions, was whispering in Dani's ear, or whispering in Dani's ear to get to Shane's ear - and was often behind a lot of the moves that were made - all without getting people mad at him.

Everyone comes into the house as strangers (or they should anyway) and so there often isn't a reason to target someone. Winning comps and nominating people are usually the reason that sides get taken and people get targets put on them. Once you are a target, you have to start playing defensively. Dan didn't have to do that, he was on the offensive for the first half of the game, and it's a miracle that he made it through. Even with people knowing his methods, he STILL made it through. I do believe that it's a strong testament to his strategy. If he won comps he would have to deal with the effects of being a comp threat AND his history of winning this game 7-0. I still can't believe he made it to the end. These people are fools.
    judibug, Shoepie and CherokeeRose like this.

I have nothing profound to add as you have all run the scenarios. I was wondering, though, if Ian is going into his cocky state, as has been noted by hamsters earlier. He has been called on it before now. If so, how will this effect Dan's grand scheme of things?

He has Dani swinging high and low - mostly low at the moment - in need of consoling and re-affirmation; and Ian swinging in a wild high. How will he navigate being elated with Ian and depressed with Dani? This has got to be one of the more emotionally charged Final Three in the game's history.

Of course there are still three more days to work through the morass of human emotion, or is that wade through, before the muck clears. What is his strategy to handle the next three days without both of them rebelling against him?
    Shoepie and Sticker like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    What is his strategy to handle the next three days without both of them rebelling against him?
    Danielle doesn't have any real power, so Dan just needs to keep Ian on his side. I believe Dan told Ian last night that Danielle will use lies to get in his head and Ian told Dan that he was solid with the Renegades. Ian wants a renegade t-shirt with his name on the back. I don't see Ian not taking Dan to the end. Ian also believes that he would lose 4-3 if he was sitting next to Danielle. Ian thinks he has a better chance at $500,000 sitting next to Dan.

FORT Fogey

I have the same question Arielflies. It will be interesting to see how Dan maneuvers the next 3 days. I really have no idea what he is going to do and I dont think he does, at this point, either.

I think Ian vs Dan, Jenn will vote for Dan. She doesn't seem to like Ian. Joe doesn't like either one of them, so he is a bit of a toss up. He might do what Shane tells him. Shane hates Dan now, but Britney might be able to convince him otherwise. Shane is easily told what to do. Frank doesn't like either one of them either so he might be forced to vote on gameplay and could possibly vote for Dan then. Danielle would vote for Dan unless he cuts her. Ashley...who the heck knows. Really, I could see just about all of them voting either way.
    Allie likes this.
    "All right, my turn." -Zach, BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
    I think Ian vs Dan, Jenn will vote for Dan. She doesn't seem to like Ian. Joe doesn't like either one of them, so he is a bit of a toss up. He might do what Shane tells him. Shane hates Dan now, but Britney might be able to convince him otherwise. Shane is easily told what to do. Frank doesn't like either one of them either so he might be forced to vote on gameplay and could possibly vote for Dan then. Danielle would vote for Dan unless he cuts her. Ashley...who the heck knows. Really, I could see just about all of them voting either way.
    I agree. Edge to Dan with Ian IMO. Shane commented on Dan's good game play but said personally if he never talked to Dan again he would be fine. He would def vote Dani over anyone. Ian vs Dan? I think it would be more questions who would win. Now if Ian wins pt 3 and shocks everyone and takes Dani, I wonder if he could say he took out the big 3: Frank, Boogie and Dan. He could say he went with Dan for as long as it was good for him, but in the end he thought his better chance at the half million would be with Dani? I don't think that is what he will do, but who knows? He has muttered about not being stupid on the feeds, right?
    Lolli likes this.

+ Reply to Thread