+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

FORT Fanatic

Re: 9/10 - BB14 Live Feed Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    For the life of me I can not see Shane winning the Final four POV.
    You are right! That's why I said *slightly" better with lots of "ifs" I was surprised though that Shane did so well on the last HOH.

FORT Fogey

The only way Ian can get to F2 is to win comps from now on. He has no ally.
    Allie likes this.

The two most important plays are who wins HOH...then who wins POV...let's hope we are able to find out who wins HOH before Wednesday show.....

Quote Originally Posted by gratefulgirl View Post
    I would be pulling for it too...if I thought it was going to happen. The fact that it isn't going to happen (have the three of them wake the heck up and get Dan out) influences my opinion that they don't deserve it. I would applaud Ian coming to his senses...it's go time. If they can figure it out, they deserve it. If they can't, then Dan does.

So I guess I'm on the fence, and willing and happy to give it to the person who TAKES it. And right now, as arrogant as he seems, that is Dan.
    This is a very good point. I guess the main thing that I just can't seem to shake is the first few weeks before the "twist" when the coaches did not have any chance of being evicted. If the coaches were not given that huge advantage, then I would not have as much of a problem with it, but I somehow just can't get over that huge advantage they were given. I realize that is not Dan's fault, and anybody in their right mind would jump all over that advantage and take the money if given the same opportunity. I have tried to come to terms that this show is never really that fair, like when they do the DR manipulations, etc., but those first few weeks of being "untouchable" is a hard one to shake.

So, I guess my order of preference is still Ian, and then Dan, and then Shane, and then Danielle. I am already assuming Jenn is gone...LOL
    Allie likes this.

Re: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

As far as Jenn.....It really surprises me that she doesn't even try to get people to change their minds. The other day, she was talking alone with Danielle (when Dani had white creme all on her face), and it was the closest I have seen to where Jenn may have been somewhat attempting to "campaign", but I can't even call it that because all she was doing was suspecting Danielle knew a lot more about how the house was going to vote and the house plans.

Danielle did a pretty lousy job of trying to come across like she knew absolutely nothing about either Dan's plans or Shane's plans, but Jenn did an even worse job of trying to pry out more info from Dani. Jenn was just keeping all her suspciouns to herself, and the only thing she accomplished was to show that she was upset and pretty much suspects that she may be the next target to leave the house.

So, the big mystery to me is why Jenn doesn't have the capability to try to campaign to anyone. She basically lets the house role wherever it is going to role, even if it is on top of her. It is crazy. Even after Jenn realizes she is probably the target, she just sulks and does nothing about it.

Jenn's "game play" in this house has been one of the worst attempts to play this game I think I have ever seen. She has had a very long time in this house to develop some kind of strategy or game play, but there has been absolutely nothing, nada, zero, zilch, etc. It is just crazy to witness, because you would think even if someone never knew how to try to play this game, someone could give a better attempt than she has showed.

I'm flabergasted

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker View Post
    This is a very good point. I guess the main thing that I just can't seem to shake is the first few weeks before the "twist" when the coaches did not have any chance of being evicted. If the coaches were not given that huge advantage, then I would not have as much of a problem with it, but I somehow just can't get over that huge advantage they were given. I realize that is not Dan's fault, and anybody in their right mind would jump all over that advantage and take the money if given the same opportunity. I have tried to come to terms that this show is never really that fair, like when they do the DR manipulations, etc., but those first few weeks of being "untouchable" is a hard one to shake.

So, I guess my order of preference is still Ian, and then Dan, and then Shane, and then Danielle. I am already assuming Jenn is gone...LOL
    I hadn't thought of it like that. My first thought when they came back that it wasn't really fair (to the coaches) because there was NO WAY the newbies would let a coach hang around - seemed to me like that would be the first order of business - getting together and getting the coaches out. But then they not only let a coach hang around - but one who has WON before???
    Sticker likes this.

. . . and it doesn't appear that anyone is even thinking of getting him out (the coach who has won before).
    Sticker likes this.

I think that Jenn's philosophy is that if you don't talk about it, it might not happen. It's a sorry sorry strategy.
    It's one thing to play that way at the beginning, because it kind of makes sense - lay low, be under the radar, talk to people about things un-game related so it seems like you are unconcerned and not stressed out and not involved in all of the scheming and not a threat - but watching her talk with Ian that day (when Dan was in the DR and Shane and Dani were on their trip) was so frustrating. She doesn't realize that she needed to drastically change her strategy (if you can even call it that.) That was her big chance to really get Ian thinking about Dan and the end game. And she didn't even take one second to put a doubt in his mind. People can be really impressionable in the house and with Ian's knowledge, I don't think it would have taken that much to get him thinking "wait a minute, wouldn't it be better for MY game to get Dan out? What if I formed a final 2 with Jenn right now?" That would have been brilliant. Instead it was "What a gorgeous day it is!" Does. Not. Deserve. It.
    Sticker and malthus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by malthus View Post
    I hadn't thought of it like that. My first thought when they came back that it wasn't really fair (to the coaches) because there was NO WAY the newbies would let a coach hang around - seemed to me like that would be the first order of business - getting together and getting the coaches out. But then they not only let a coach hang around - but one who has WON before???
    So true. It's not like they didn't have plenty of chances to go ahead and evict them all. They had numerous chances, and like you said, they still aren't even targeting Dan. Ian had the perfect opportunity to put Dan on the block this time if he wanted to, and he did not, so really it is their own fault at this point.

Thanks for helping me realize this, as I had a tough time with that, but really it is their own fault now. Ian had his chance. Dani has basically sided with him, so that is her choice. Shane, well, lets just say Shane is Shane-LOL, and for Jenn....well....enough said-LOL
    malthus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gratefulgirl View Post
    I think that Jenn's philosophy is that if you don't talk about it, it might not happen. It's a sorry sorry strategy.
    It's one thing to play that way at the beginning, because it kind of makes sense - lay low, be under the radar, talk to people about things un-game related so it seems like you are unconcerned and not stressed out and not involved in all of the scheming and not a threat - but watching her talk with Ian that day (when Dan was in the DR and Shane and Dani were on their trip) was so frustrating. She doesn't realize that she needed to drastically change her strategy (if you can even call it that.) That was her big chance to really get Ian thinking about Dan and the end game. And she didn't even take one second to put a doubt in his mind. People can be really impressionable in the house and with Ian's knowledge, I don't think it would have taken that much to get him thinking "wait a minute, wouldn't it be better for MY game to get Dan out? What if I formed a final 2 with Jenn right now?" That would have been brilliant. Instead it was "What a gorgeous day it is!" Does. Not. Deserve. It.
    A great summary. You are right that it actually is a good strategy at the beginning, but at some point you have to take initiative and do something to help direct the outcome in a certain direction. That day you mentioned was the perfect chance that Jenn had to talk to Ian. They both could have benefited if Jenn had just talked to him about her wishes. She may have even stumbled into a great plan with Ian if she had just tried a little. But you are right, that she basically did not even talk game with him or Shane for that matter.

Its kind of sad in a way for her, because I am afraid she will never understand why she got evicted or understand how she could have done better. Maybe when she watches the show back, she will see all the chances she had to make a move.

+ Reply to Thread