+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

Re: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

All I can say is what a boring season and only week 2. I hated the fact that the coaches came back and how can there be any strategy when this is not the players game, but has turned into the coaches game. This is another dud of a season. Why didn't they just give us all new players who would be able to really play their own game? So disappointing!!!

Boring?

There's been more action in the first couple weeks of this season than I've ever seen!

Unfortunately, I think its about to GET boring.
    andee, TheIrishEyes and Debbie8863 like this.

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    Boring?

There's been more action in the first couple weeks of this season than I've ever seen!

I agree about it being one of the best initial 2 weeks ever. But I wouldn't say it's about to get boring. JoJo and Joe are both ticking time bombs. There are going to continue to be more coaches twists, whether it's them coming back in the game, re-drafting new teams, etc. You have this whole set-up of the alliance between Team Boogie and Team Janelle that will undoubtedly blow up next week.... I think we're a long way from boring
    Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide

I don't think it's about to get boring, but I think (I'm speculating) once the coaches are offered the chance to get into the game, the season will become unsatisfying for a lot of people. I'm already disappointed in this twist, because they're being so secretive about it, and it obviously wasn't too well thought-out based on the casting they did.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

IMO, it has been one of the greatest opening weeks ever, and I have high hopes it will continue as a great season. But I also wish BB would have just left the whole "Coaches thing" out of it. I think the game stands on its own and doesn't need past champs, etc. in an attempt to spice it up. I just don't understand BB's motifvation for doing it, except to try and get more ratings, but I think it backfires because it is totally not needed and is actually somewhat detrimental IMO.

The beauty of the game for me, was to have complete strangers entering a house and competing against each other, as they have to learn to get along with all their different personalities. The whole "fear of the unknown" factor. Its the same concept as American Idol has used to become such a hit show (total strangers making a name for themselves).

As far as I am concerned, BB should leave returning players for "special" shows like "all stars", etc.

Also, while I am venting, I may as well throw in that I really don't like the way some of the players always seem to get on the show due to having "connections", with the entertainment industry, etc. This seems to happen way too frequently, and to me, it just prevents one less slot for the general public to get. Of all the thousands of public people who tried to get on the show, I can't imagine that they all cannot be "general joe public" people. This year, we had a relative of someone who was on Survivor, we had a Playboy Playmate of the year, we have a person who is related to a Wrestling star, etc.

What I think BB fails to realize and appreciate is that the "general Joe Public" people have just as much (if not better) chance at becoming a well liked + very entertaining contestant on the show. If anyone doubts this....Can we say "Chicken George".....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    Boring?

I agree about the first two weeks and should have been more specific. I do not like the coaches twist and until these players realize that Willie was right and they need to start playing their own games and not the coaches game it could finally get better. I see where Shane realizes that and hope he is able to capitalize on that. When Willie was evicted until last night when I heard Shane talking is the part that became boring as they were just going to continue on 6 against 3. I personally don't care for Danielle as she seems like a puppet. JoJo may be irritating, but at least I see spunk to her. I would love to see this house finally wake up. I don't think it would be fair at all to let the coaches enter the game at this point. They know too much. I just don't like returning players unless it is All Stars. We had that last year and if the coaches are allowed back in it will be the same as last year except instead of 6 you will have 4. At least that is how I see it.

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I agree about the first two weeks and should have been more specific. I do not like the coaches twist and until these players realize that Willie was right and they need to start playing their own games and not the coaches game it could finally get better. I see where Shane realizes that and hope he is able to capitalize on that. When Willie was evicted until last night when I heard Shane talking is the part that became boring as they were just going to continue on 6 against 3. I personally don't care for Danielle as she seems like a puppet. JoJo may be irritating, but at least I see spunk to her. I would love to see this house finally wake up. I don't think it would be fair at all to let the coaches enter the game at this point. They know too much. I just don't like returning players unless it is All Stars. We had that last year and if the coaches are allowed back in it will be the same as last year except instead of 6 you will have 4. At least that is how I see it.
    but they weren't.... everyone in Boogie's and Janelle's alliances have already been scheming about turning on each other. Not a single one of them is really considering going to "the 6". They are all talking about grabbing onto Shane and Danielle/JoJo to get the numbers to go against the other side.
    Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes View Post
    but they weren't.... everyone in Boogie's and Janelle's alliances have already been scheming about turning on each other. Not a single one of them is really considering going to "the 6". They are all talking about grabbing onto Shane and Danielle/JoJo to get the numbers to go against the other side.
    Unless I missed something that did not start until last night. I just recently returned from the hospital after falling down my deck stairs and breaking my fibula and tibia. Required surgery and am in a very large cast. I then left the hospital and went to rehab. Just trying to catch up with everything now so it is possible I missed something. From what I could see that talk did not start until last night after the Ashley incident. When Shane, Ashley and Danielle were in the hammock. It is very possible I missed it, but that was the first time I saw people starting to talk differently. I stand corrected if they were talking about it before then. I hope that is really the case and they go through with it as it will definitely make for a more interesting game. BB is my favorite summer show and believe me not the best time to have had my accident. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Unless I missed something that did not start until last night. I just recently returned from the hospital after falling down my deck stairs and breaking my fibula and tibia. Required surgery and am in a very large cast. I then left the hospital and went to rehab. <snip>
    Ouch! Hope your recovery goes well :-)
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I am liking this season, with the coaches in there, and all.

(Here's to a speedy recovery Jaceegirl.)
    Jaceegirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread