+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

Re: 9/6 - BB14 Live Feed Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH View Post
    It would take a Survivor All Stars type of jury to rip this from Dan if he sat at the end against Dani. What can she argue? She was picked by the right coach with the right set of coat tails? She's done her part to cover this well ... but that's it.

If they are a bunch of Bitter Bettys then he will at least get $50,000 if he makes it in the final 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGH View Post
    It would take a Survivor All Stars type of jury to rip this from Dan if he sat at the end against Dani. What can she argue? She was picked by the right coach with the right set of coat tails? She's done her part to cover this well ... but that's it.
    She has done a really good acting job.. You have to give her that... But she has just acted and performed the script that Dan wrote for her and produced...

All the moves and strategy were his.... She would have been totally lost... She can really only lay claim to winning a HOH and a lucky crapshoot veto....

Without Dan... Danielle would have played a horrible emotional game.... Dan should get all the credit...

FORT Fogey

Re: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

I would like to see Dan win for 3 reasons.

His genius should be rewarded.
    No one there now would be there, necessarily, without Dan's strategy.
    I love firsts and this would be a big one.

If Dan has successfully persuaded Ian to put Jenn and Shane on the block the wise choice is to vote Shane out. He could talk them into it. Dan was probably serious about his final 3 alliance with Danielle and Jenn. I would put money on that. He can win against either.

Jenn and Danielle will onboard with Ian out next, as well. He can do this.

It is really all up to who wins what comp from here on out.
    andee likes this.

I agree about Dan winning it if the F2 are him + Dani.

Since there is only the QP and Jenn left, I am wondering if any of them will begin to realize that it may not be good to go up against Dan in the F2. Pretty much any one of them up against Dan in a F2 would be tough win for them, so wondering if they will wake up to this and try to get him out of the house or not. It seems Ian would have to realize that he may have a better shot at winning the whole game if someone like Jenn sat beside him. I would hate to see Jenn end up getting dragged to the F3, but just wondering if the HGs may realize that sitting next to Jenn may be their ticket to the win.

The thought of Jenn (the floater) getting sucked to the F2 or F3 is upsetting. Ugggghhhh. If she wins something to get there, then great, but if the HGs just drag her there as the ultimate pawn to win the game, that just doesnt seem right.
    Last edited by Sticker; 09-07-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deedeef View Post
    So now the jury is Ashley, Britney, Frank and Joe. Say the Final 2 are Dan and Danielle, and Ian, Shane and Jenn are in the jury, would Dan really win? He has maybe a majority of enemies on the jury and he already won BB once. Could he pull it off?
    It seems like on Big Brother, the jury is usually pretty good about voting based on gameplay vs personal reasons. If Dan makes it to the final 2, I am pretty sure he will win, no matter who he is up there against. Not sure really how I feel about that, since I didn't really agree with them letting the coaches into the game in the first place.
    Sticker likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think Dan would win against either Jenn or Dani. He would prefer to sit next to Dani. He can say, just like Memphis I was true to my first alliance. AND that he took her to the end.

I do think that pretty much anybody up against Dan in the F2 would have a tough time winning. In order for Ian to win the whole thing, I am afraid he would have to realize this right now while he is HOH, and put Dan + Danilelle on the block, and then convince Jenn+Shane to vote out Dan. I think he would have a chance at convincing those 2 if he could get them to realize what it would be like to sit next to Dan in the F2.

But, I think Ian's loyalty to the QP and loyalty to even Dan may override this, so not sure if Ian would even consider something like this. It seems that Ian wants the QP to win first and get rid of Jenn first. Which may not be the best move to try to win the whole game. Dragging Jenn to the end as the ultimate pawn to win the game could be a good strategic move.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    It seems like on Big Brother, the jury is usually pretty good about voting based on gameplay vs personal reasons. If Dan makes it to the final 2, I am pretty sure he will win, no matter who he is up there against. Not sure really how I feel about that, since I didn't really agree with them letting the coaches into the game in the first place.
    I have thought from the beginning that no way would a jury give Dan (or Booger for that matter) the 500k. No matter how unbiased someone WANTS to vote...IMO it's almost human nature to look at two people and say to one...sorry, I'm gonna give a half a mil to someone who already won that amount. Like all of you , I have spent years talking back to the screen at reality show juries, daring them to vote on record not emotion. But, for example...if it were Joe (obviously not deserving the top prize) against Dan...Here is Dan...already 500K richer (before taxes lol) and Joe ...with a bunch of kids to support, put thru college, etc. I dunno...I think I'd give it to Joe, with apologies to Dan, of course.
    If this happened..I bet the producers would think twice about inviting former winners back.
    Sticker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE View Post
    I have thought from the beginning that no way would a jury give Dan (or Booger for that matter) the 500k. No matter how unbiased someone WANTS to vote...IMO it's almost human nature to look at two people and say to one...sorry, I'm gonna give a half a mil to someone who already won that amount. Like all of you , I have spent years talking back to the screen at reality show juries, daring them to vote on record not emotion. But, for example...if it were Joe (obviously not deserving the top prize) against Dan...Here is Dan...already 500K richer (before taxes lol) and Joe ...with a bunch of kids to support, put thru college, etc. I dunno...I think I'd give it to Joe, with apologies to Dan, of course.
    If this happened..I bet the producers would think twice about inviting former winners back.
    I would hope you are right, but some of the logic we have seen in the past makes it somewhat of a crap shoot. I wanted Joe to win so bad just for him as a person. He was so funny with Julie last night. A great sport about it. I like Dan too, but the whole "coach advantage" of not having a chance of being evicted the first few weeks just makes me not want a coach to win this year. I honestly cannot believe that with that much money, a show can get away with being somewhat unfair like that.

I don't really understand how Ian hasn't realized that Dan getting any further isn't a good idea for him. I like Dan and I kind of want him to win for his gameplay - but I'm just shocked that they aren't considering putting him up right now. The time has come to turn on each other - and looking at who is left, it would seem like Dan would be the least intelligent choice to have continue. The mist...it must be so strong.

I guess what is working for him is that other than Ian and Danielle, there aren't any gamers left in the house, and Dani has loyalty. It would be up to Ian to realize that this is the week to put Dan up. I think that if he goes ahead with Shane and Jenn as the noms, and Shane wins veto (which he totally could) - Dan is going to go. Which means that Ian would pretty much have the game locked up in a final 2.
    Sticker likes this.

+ Reply to Thread