+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

FORT Newbie

Re: 8/31 - BB14 Live Feed Discussion

After what happened earlier this week I would love to see Frank and Dan on the block. At least that way we would know one of them goes home.

Re: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

I've tried to keep up and I sure appreciate everyone's efforts keeping us informed. Somehow I missed Ian's 9/11 reference that everyone keeps mentioning. What did he say and how long ago was it when he said it?

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I've tried to keep up and I sure appreciate everyone's efforts keeping us informed. Somehow I missed Ian's 9/11 reference that everyone keeps mentioning. What did he say and how long ago was it when he said it?
    Aug 29, 12:46AM, Cam 3. He brings up 9/11 in a casual way during a group conversation; he went over a list of things indicating how young he was when he first wanted to play BB, and he included: "I've wanted to play this game since before a plane went into a tower...."

He was 9 or 10 at the time so his perspective on the event is a little different, so I don't think he was being deliberately dismissive about it. But the others were taken aback, and New Yorker Jenn got upset and left the table. He tried to cover for himself by trying to talk seriously about it afterward but it just got more awkward. I think the others have forgiven/forgotten it since, but Ian still feels terrible about it.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-01-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    scoot13 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks MFW for the info... I like Ian, I'm sure he was just trying to be funny and missing the mark by a mile. I don't have the feeds but I appreciate the time info, I can go back to that day's thread & read up on it.

here is the
    Guiness Book of World Record Most Big Brother F2 Deals Ever In One Season:

F2 Deals:

Dan/Danielle
    Dan/Ian
    Dan/Frank
    Danielle/Dan
    Danielle/Shane
    Danielle/Jenn
    Frank/Joe
    Frank/Jenn
    Frank/Dan
    Frank/Shane
    Joe/Shane
    Joe/Frank
    Joe/Ian
    Shane/Frank
    Shane/Danielle
    Shane/Joe
    Jenn/Danielle
    Jenn/Frank
    Ian/Dan
    Ian/Joe

Dan has 3, Danielle has 3, Joe has 3, Shane has 3, Jenn has 2, Ian has 2, and Frank has the most with 4. Yet Frank is going home. Cutthroat cast.

(Did I miss any? I'm having a hard time keeping up.)
    Sticker likes this.
    "I can't wait for Frank to leave, so I can start winning physical competitions - Joe "
    I'll have what he's having, hahahahahaha!

if Frank knew how to reveal Danielle's lies to Shane and Ian in the right way, he might survive the block this week.

Shane has a LOT of honor in him, and was horrified that Dan hurt Danielle so badly. But Shane also felt really badly about having to vote out Brit. If Shane finds out that Danielle was playing him and tricked him into voting our Brit, that honor side of Shane might blow up.

Ian would be FURIOUS if he knew Danielle tricked Britney that way and that Dan didn't share that info with him in their new alliance.

If Frank told Shane, Ian and Joe, it COULD work out that Dan takes Jenn off the block and then Ian surprises them by nominating Danielle. The vote is a tie (Joe/Shane vote out Danielle; Dan/Jenn vote out Frank) and Ian sends Danielle to the jury house. (Extremely doubtful, but possible.)

Frank reveals the F2 with Dan to Jenn (apparently forgetting he also has a F2 deal with Jenn). The important part is that Frank THINKS Dan swore on the Bible F2 to Frank. I know those of you who watched say that Dan didn't do that, but Frank believes he did. I don't think Jenn knew about the F2 before or the swearing on the Bible. And it's going to be interesting what she does with the info.

Conversation word for word: 10:00 am BBT Cam 1 Backyard Frank and Jenn talking. (This could be REALLY important later).

Frank: Just trust me, I'll throw that whole sh%t about swearing on a stack of Bibles out when I'm walking out the door to everybody. I'll be like, "This motherF***er swore on a stack of Bibles that me and him were going to the Final 2 the other night after the funeral. Nobody trust a word he says whether he's got the Bible in his hand or not. I'll tell EVERYBODY.

Jenn: ooooooooh.

Frank: Hopefully, I'm worrying about this for the wrong reason. Hopefully, he'll use the veto and I'll get the votes.

Jenn: Maybe he'll use the veto on you? And keep me up there.
    Frank: I don't think that'll happen. (Discussion follows about why Dan needs to use it on Jenn)

Jenn: I mean, with him swearing on the Bible upstairs about a Final 2, I mean for him that's pretty..you know...how do you get out of that? In doing what he does, and knowing that will most likely be aired, and the whole world sees that.

Frank: Exactly. The whole thing will be aired. (Long discussion follows about making it through this week.

They discuss that Danielle is going to be an important piece of the puzzle and keeping it kosher with her (they think they might can get her to side with Jenn/Frank against Dan if it came down to Dan/Frank on the block)

At the end of the conversation, it does dawn on Frank that he was talking to Jenn. He finishes the conversation by saying, "If it's down to me, Dan and you as F3, I'm taking you to F2, I promise. I didn't swear on a Bible F2 to Dan. He's the one who did that, not me."

But the damage has been done.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-02-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    "I can't wait for Frank to leave, so I can start winning physical competitions - Joe "
    I'll have what he's having, hahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by greensthings View Post
    if Frank knew how to reveal Danielle's lies to Shane and Ian in the right way, he might survive the block this week.

Shane has a LOT of honor in him, and was horrified that Dan hurt Danielle so badly. But Shane also felt really badly about having to vote out Brit. If Shane finds out that Danielle was playing him and tricked him into voting our Brit, that honor side of Shane might blow up.

Ian would be FURIOUS if he knew Danielle tricked Britney that way and that Dan didn't share that info with him in their new alliance.

If Frank told Shane, Ian and Joe, it COULD work out that Dan takes Jenn off the block and then Ian surprises them by nominating Danielle. The vote is a tie (Joe/Shane vote out Danielle; Dan/Jenn vote out Frank) and Ian sends Danielle to the jury house. (Extremely doubtful, but possible.)

Frank reveals the F2 with Dan to Jenn (apparently forgetting he also has a F2 deal with Jenn). The important part is that Frank THINKS Dan swore on the Bible F2 to Frank. I know those of you who watched say that Dan didn't do that, but Frank believes he did. I don't think Jenn knew about the F2 before or the swearing on the Bible. And it's going to be interesting what she does with the info.

Conversation word for word: 10:00 am BBT Cam 1 Backyard Frank and Jenn talking. (This could be REALLY important later).

Frank: Just trust me, I'll throw that whole sh%t about swearing on a stack of Bibles out when I'm walking out the door to everybody. I'll be like, "This motherF***er swore on a stack of Bibles that me and him were going to the Final 2 the other night after the funeral. Nobody trust a word he says whether he's got the Bible in his hand or not. I'll tell EVERYBODY.

Jenn: ooooooooh.

Frank: Hopefully, I'm worrying about this for the wrong reason. Hopefully, he'll use the veto and I'll get the votes.

Jenn: Maybe he'll use the veto on you? And keep me up there.
    Frank: I don't think that'll happen. (Discussion follows about why Dan needs to use it on Jenn)

Jenn: I mean, with him swearing on the Bible upstairs about a Final 2, I mean for him that's pretty..you know...how do you get out of that? In doing what he does, and knowing that will most likely be aired, and the whole world sees that.

Frank: Exactly. The whole thing will be aired. (Long discussion follows about making it through this week.

They discuss that Danielle is going to be an important piece of the puzzle and keeping it kosher with her (they think they might can get her to side with Jenn/Frank against Dan if it came down to Dan/Frank on the block)

At the end of the conversation, it does dawn on Frank that he was talking to Jenn. He finishes the conversation by saying, "If it's down to me, Dan and you as F3, I'm taking you to F2, I promise. I didn't swear on a Bible F2 to Dan. He's the one who did that, not me."

But the damage has been done.
    Very interesting and some things I never even thought about. I am just tired of Frank mainly because of his ego self inflated views of himself. Plus, I never like when BB gives an advantage to any player, and I feel Frank was given a few this game (like the coaches coming back, and all of a sudden Frank doesnt have to go home because of that. That was just crazy and had nothing to do with the coaches coming back. They could have done the eviction first IMO).

Anyway, I got to thinking about a conspiracy theory the other day and wanted to throw it out here.

Warning: This is a really wild conspiracy theory and is just something I thought of which has no basis yet.
    Some of us agree that it appears BB gave Frank an edge this game, and it seems to be known fact that Frank has a relationship of some kind with a producer of the show. We also have seen quite a few different players in BB these past few years that seem to have an edge to get on the show by somehow knowing someone close to the show or general show business. Like just the other day, somebody mentioned that a friend of Janelles may have gotten on the show or was going to get on the show.

So, I got to wondering is it possible that it is more than just BB just wanting certain people to win just for the RATINGS, and could there possibly be real money "kickbacks" going on if certain people win. I mean 1/2 million is a lot of money, so if someone on the inside got someone on the show as a favor, and told that person they would be accepted into the show, but if they win the whole thing, they would have to pay a little cash "repayment" back.

I know this sounds crazy, and it would be outlandish if anything like this is going on, but after seeing what seems to be blatent attempts at advancing certain players, I just can't help but wonder if it is more than just ratings. Especially when the favored one happens to know a producer, etc.

Anyway, just a conspiracy theory, and nothing more.

As the game has changed so much since the beginning, I've completely changed who I was originally rooting for. I am still stuggling with who to root for, but if I have to choose, I suppose I am leaning towards Ian + Joe...LOL......I know...bear with me for the reasons. The reasons I want them to win are mainly because I want to see someone win that hasn't won the game before, and I especially don't think it was very fair that the coaches got to play the first few weeks with absolutely no chance of being evicted. So, since the odds were skewed for the coaches, I just can't bring myself to root for any of them, although Dan sure pulled one of the best moves in the game's history, but since he already won once and got those early free "no eviction" weeks, I just have to root for the newbies. So, based on that.....here is why I am rooting for Ian + Joe.

Ian - He just seems to be about the only newbie that actually has a strategy and is playing the game with strategic moves, his own plans, etc. He actually won a few comps, and is an active part of the game.

Joe - By process of elimination, Joe is it...LOL. I admit this guy is probably one of the worst players of this game we have ever seen, however, he tries to be loyal to his alliances, but they all end up punting him. He just seems to be a genuinely nice person that seems to try as best he can at this game, so I would like to see him win some cash. To help understand why I would root for him, I suppose I have to list why I don't like the other newbies.

---------------------

Danielle---The way she forced a showmance with Shane was her downfall in my book. The obsession she has with him was way over the top, even as Shane tried to make it clear to her that he just wants to only be friends with her. I just don't like it when the HGs use any kind of showmance to try and further their game. I didn't like it when Rachel did it, and I still don't like it. I don't quite understand how the HGs think it can help them, but we see it time + time again on the show. On top of that, I really do think she is basically a follower of people, and really hasn't come up with any plans of her own. The first time she was HOH, if I remember right, she basically let others control her HOH for her. I also don't like the way she told a lot of lies that seemed to have nothing to do with gameplay, but was mainly to make herself look better to others. Has to always be the center of attention, etc. Can't like someone like this.

Jenn - Where is she? Oh, there she is....a true "floater" in my book. Someone with definitely no plans of her own. Can't win anything except when someone gets disqualified and helps her win. As an example, on tonight's taped show, she pretty much should have demanded that Dan use his veto to take her off the block because she saved him last week, but instead she was politely asking if he could please take her off the block. It was beyond ridiculous. She has no backbone in this game, and has stayed in the shadows. The only reason she is starting to become noticed, is that there is hardly anybody left, so she is standing out just a little bit more.

Shane - He showed early promise, but has faded into a very strange player of this game. He shows signs of brililiance, but then disappoints. Also, I do blame him for part of the "showmance" issues with Danielle as he owns some of the responsability by leading her on to keep her on his side + keep her vote.
    He has basically wimped out of this game in my book. For someone that won so many competitions, he should have been a much more dominant player of this game, but seems to be a total scardey cat. He was so worried about getting blood on his hands, he practically folded his whole game. Just can't root for someone like this.

Frank - At first, I really liked him, but as his true self-inflated views of himself, and general conceiptedness began to show, I just can't like someone like that. He seemed to think that just because he tried 3 times to get on the show, that since he tried so hard, that he was owed something. Sorry Frank, but I am sure other HGs wanted to be on the show as much as you did. Also, the way it seemed BB gave him some extra advantages, is all the more reason for him not to win. Nobody should be given any advantages over others IMO (i.e., when his eviction was thrown out the window just because the caoches were coming into the game).

So, IMO, that leaves me rooting for Ian + Joe. I know.....some pretty crappy reasoning, but that is what BB gave me to work with....LOL
    Last edited by Sticker; 09-05-2012 at 10:54 PM.
    mountaingirl70 and scoot13 like this.

Great post Sticker....I can jump on your wagon for Ian but I don't think I can for Joe.

As much as Danielle has gotten on my nerves with her "issues" she has really played a great game with Dan coaching her. If I had to pick a second out of the newbies it would have to be Danielle for her ability to really play the game of big brother. (we just have to dismiss the game of self indulgence she plays also) She has managed to lie, win comps, and stay off the radar for the most part.
    Sticker likes this.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Snapit View Post
    As much as Danielle has gotten on my nerves with her "issues" she has really played a great game with Dan coaching her. If I had to pick a second out of the newbies it would have to be Danielle for her ability to really play the game of big brother. (we just have to dismiss the game of self indulgence she plays also) She has managed to lie, win comps, and stay off the radar for the most part.
    Danielle is way too emotional and easy manuiplated for me to back her as winner. Just like Shane she's not steering the game, she's being dragged along by Dan. I would love for Dan to pull off a second win. I didn't think his BB10 strategy was all that great, but this season he has been phenomenal. He's followed Dr. Will's playbook much better than Boogie did. I can't wait for the rest of the houseguests to find out that Dan has been manipulating things behind the scenes since the beginning of the game.

Ian is the newbie that I wouldn't mind winning the game. However, Ian's got to stop "hearting" Dan so much. He calls Shane gay, but it is Ian that is in a homosexual showmance - go figure! I do agree though that Shane needs a boyfriend.

+ Reply to Thread