+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Re: BB14 Strategy Discussion Thread

the thing I keep coming back to is.... why would these coaches come back and go through all this when the most they can win is $100,000? Granted, it's a 1 in 4 chance at the money which is good odds.... but still.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    Jodi isnt in sequester.
    Are we sure of that? Has she been seen, or just the twitter thing? Because that could be faked as a ruse. I have no idea, just asking.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes View Post
    the thing I keep coming back to is.... why would these coaches come back and go through all this when the most they can win is $100,000? Granted, it's a 1 in 4 chance at the money which is good odds.... but still.
    I agree. I can see Boogie doing it for no money, but the not the other three. There has to be more to this. But it would be totally not fair for them to join the game later on either. There has to be something else planned, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    Are we sure of that? Has she been seen, or just the twitter thing? Because that could be faked as a ruse. I have no idea, just asking.
    So far, only the tweet (@jodisbox), which yes, could be a ruse, just like Janelle's tweets about going to Greece were a ruse.

Someone on another board made the point that she never officially got a key, so she was never technically considered a "houseguest." It's possible that they may still have someone return from several evictees starting with this week's...

But really, isn't this theme just a retread of last year's, except that AlisonG found a way to fix it so she won't have to sweat the possibility of too many vets going home early? But still, what gets me is the secrecy around it, even though the season has begun.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-15-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Okay - this is a rant about strategy and its overuse so early in the game.

I HATE that the coaches are in the house co-mingling 24/7 with the house guests. They are playing the house guests' game and it is very annoying. Since they must have this twist this season, why couldn't they have had two or three coaching sessions a day and send the coaches to a hotel for when they are not in session. That would give the house guests leeway to form their own alliances and their own opinions without the overbearing presence of the coaches. Ack - this just really burns me.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

I HATE that the coaches are in the house co-mingling 24/7 with the house guests. They are playing the house guests' game and it is very annoying. Since they must have this twist this season, why couldn't they have had two or three coaching sessions a day and send the coaches to a hotel for when they are not in session. That would give the house guests leeway to form their own alliances and their own opinions without the overbearing presence of the coaches. Ack - this just really burns me.
    1. Because moving them would have been really expensive
    2. Because moving them daily would have increased the risk of exposure from the outside world
    3. Because they want them to co-mingle with this group
    4. Because house guests will form their own alliances, listening to the coaches in that regard is like listening to a chair
    5. Because they want to create an entertaining show, anything about "strategy" and "game purity" is white noise that wont equal ratings.
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

It's like last year, though, with the returning "stars." All the focus is on the coaches and the newbies really don't get a chance to make a name for themselves in the BB universe. I guess I would like them to coach behind the scenes and not be so camera prominent. I know that is not the purpose - the purpose is ratings - and with a couple of coaches thinking they will become house guests at some point, what is the point? They should have just set up and All Stars Season rather than this mongrel mixture.
    tapper01 and lilcountriegal like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Looking over the footage for tonights episode, I see the memory wall has pictures for the vets, with key holes for them. I gotta admit, it's weird that for people who aren't going to play the game, they've got key holes. Empty ones... Why put them in? Symmetry?
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

The only logical reason I can come up with is....if the coaches had limited time with their players, they wouldn't be able to get to know them as well, which would hinder their ability to coach them based on ability, personality, etc. That and Janie and Dan are serious favorites, I'm sure AG knew people would pay to watch them on the feeds.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

It's like last year, though, with the returning "stars." All the focus is on the coaches and the newbies really don't get a chance to make a name for themselves in the BB universe. I guess I would like them to coach behind the scenes and not be so camera prominent. I know that is not the purpose - the purpose is ratings - and with a couple of coaches thinking they will become house guests at some point, what is the point? They should have just set up and All Stars Season rather than this mongrel mixture.
    ICAM! I didn't think we would see so much of the coaches either.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread