+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: 9/4 Live Feed Discussion

Re: 9/4 Live Feed Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Kalia's fixing dinner - stuffed chicken breasts. One problem: she's been handling the raw chicken and without washing her hands, she's been pouring olive oil, cutting chicken (knives touched), etc. cross-contamination

If these House Guests don't get food poisoning, they're dodging a bullet.

Anytime I handle poultry, I treat it almost like an operating room - if you've ever been sick from that, you'll NEVER do it again!
    I totally understand and I am way careful with handling food and making sure stuff is cooked throughout. I had a real bad case of food poisoning back in college many years ago. I made the mistake of ordering something to-go from a restaruant that was about to close (never do that). They must have given me some food that had sat out all day long. I was starving and ate a lot of it, and about an hour later, I started feeling bad. Then, about 2 hours later, I had uncontrollable vomiting that lasted literally for about 10 hours. The food was gone within the 1st couple hours, and then the dry heaves went on for about 8 hours straight. It was awful, and I should have went to the hospital, but I was too sick to do anything but try and throw up. It got so bad, that I started to drink water, just so I had something to throw up. My stomach muscles hurt so bad, it was awful. Then, I was deathly ill for the next 3 days, and could not eat anything solid for 3 straight days.

When you have a true case of food poisoning like this, you know it, and you would never wish it even on your worst enemy. We all get mild cases of food poisoning, and stuff, but these real bad ones are seriously deadly stuff. I felt like it may have ruined my kidneys, it was so bad. Ever since then, I throw out all left overs at the slightest hint of them going bad. I cook everything well done, and I am very carefull with food and cleaning in the kitchen. I take no chances. People some time think I am wasteful, but they never had a real case of food poisoning, and if you do, you would create these safety habits like this. It is very scary. I hardly ever eat out at fast food places ever since that day. I cook at home a lot because I know my food will be prepared properly. Luckily, the food places have gotten smart ever since that Jack-in-the-box case that killed the little boy in Washington state. Most food places now do a pretty good job of making sure they dont make people sick (or die), ever since that Jack-in-the-box sad story.

Ironically enough, I was eating popcorn when you posted that, alia618. Once I saw Kalia eating and talking, I put it away. LOL
    HulaEngr

"A career is wonderful thing, but you can't snuggle up to it on a cold night." ~ Marilyn Monroe

Oh my god.....I must have physic powers. Kalia is now talking about getting food poisoning from a jack in the box right after I posted the above. .

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker View Post
    Oh my god.....I must have physic powers. Kalia is now talking about getting food poisoning from a jack in the box right after I posted the above. .
    Excellent, Sticker!! Now post that Kalia is evicted in a spontaneous live vote TONIGHT! ;-)
    YO MUDA and lilcountriegal like this.
    HulaEngr

"A career is wonderful thing, but you can't snuggle up to it on a cold night." ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by alia618 View Post
    Dear GAWWWD. If you're going to talk non-stop and interrupt everyone-- STOP EATING
    The other day, Kalia was literally talking while she was coughing. She started coughing and kept her talking throughout the cough session. I couldn't believe it, and never saw anyone do that in my whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by HulaEngr View Post
    Excellent, Sticker!! Now post that Kalia is evicted in a spontaneous live vote TONIGHT! ;-)
    Yes, we need her to leave ASAP. That fortune teller in the purple room may have had something to do with it.

Since Kalia covers every subject known to man, it was bound to happen.
    Mari79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HulaEngr View Post
    Ironically enough, I was eating popcorn when you posted that, alia618. Once I saw Kalia eating and talking, I put it away. LOL
    LOL! There's no mic on you!!

R/J/P in bed, A/K getting ready to go.

a bit ago Porsche asked Adam is there anything i can offer to get you to use the veto on me and Adam said No, he said it doesn't matter you're fine.

All Hg's in bed and i'm out. See ya guys tomorrow!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    Kalia is so incredibly self-centered, one of the most extreme HGs ever in this regard, I think.

Just one example:
    She was complaining how she never did get to the accessories during the fashion part of Pandora's box. Then Adam
    said there were hardly any men's clothes. Kalia says "but I'm not a man." So Adam has to say, "I know, but I am."

She can't switch gears from herself to another person very well, unless it relates to her in a big way.
    I thought the same thing last week when she was going over scenarios with Porsche for how she can win. It was all game play that would benefit her (Kalia) and it was all me, me, me.

Same thing yesterday when she was whining to Porsche about how they want her (K) out. I wish P would tell her to knock it off, that she's on the block and worried about herself too!
    SugarMama likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678