+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: For Live Feeders: Reactions of Friends and Family to Your Love of BB?

For Live Feeders: Reactions of Friends and Family to Your Love of BB?

Hi, everyone,

I was thinking today, how do your partners, your friends and your family members respond to your dedication to BB?

Those of us with the feeds are of course the hard core, super-fans. What happens if you live in a household where
    someone else is not a fan? Do you have to keep the feeds going in another room or quietly? OTOH, what if everyone in the house likes the feeds and the show? Do you talk about it day and night?

Today I wrote to a secretary where I work and asked her what she thought about what was going on. She doesn't get the feeds or BBAD but loves to talk about it. She even likes spoilers from me. She is really the only person I know who likes BB.

I'd love to hear your experiences, from this season or any other...
    • Do your associates think you're crazy every summer when BB starts, or do they understand?
    • Do you find people to talk to about BB, or do you just come here and hang out and go elsewhere online to catch up and post?

Any other thoughts related to how you cope with your "obsession" are welcome too

Thanks!

cheers,
    andee

Re: For Live Feeders: Reactions of Friends and Family to Your Love of BB?

Btw, if anyone would rather PM me your response than post it here, please feel free to do so.
    Thank you.

I am a teacher, so I start the show on here all the time with live feed updates (can't afford the feeds myself, and am so appreciative of live feeders that post and keep us all updated!). My oldest daughter follows it with me, and we have some discussions ... my sister and I talk about it because she's the one that got me hooked on it several seasons ago.

Then when school starts, a few of us teachers get together and talk about it during lunchtime or after school. Sometimes people walk in as we're discussing, and we'll say "Big Brother". They'll give us that look "Oh you poor things" and continue on.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Right before the season starts I've learned to make plenty of casseroles and stick them in the freezer for hubby. I have to say he's very patient with me when it comes to BB. I leaves me emails to say hi or that he needs a shirt ironed! lol It's an on going joke around here.
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

When my wife 1st told me about this show, I laughed at her and asked her why she watches that crap. Somewhere along the line, I found myself watching it with her, and before you knew it, I was obsessed with it. Now, she hassles me for watching BBAD too much and staying up till the wee hours of the morning. We actually switch to Showtime each year (from HBO) to be sure we get BBAD during the season. We are both huge fans of the show, but I think I have gone off the deep end with it.

P.S. I purposely don't buy the feeds because I watch too much BBAD as it is. It is the one way that I can try and limit it just a little bit.

My husband claims to hate the show....even though he's watched every single season with me and bugs me for information I get from the feeds...like who won the comps.
    AmyKay likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    My husband claims to hate the show....even though he's watched every single season with me and bugs me for information I get from the feeds...like who won the comps.
    He sounds just like mine. At first he'd roll his eyes when I turned on the feeds...now he's always peeping over my shoulder and asking who did what. Then he reports to his mom, who also watches.

I've got a group of coworkers who come up every morning, asking what happened. We spend part of our lunchtime talking BB. Three of them are men in their 50's, which I always thought was funny. Not the typical audience, but they HAVE to know what happened in the house the night before.

I can't imagine watching just the show, I have to have the feeds. SO much more fun, and you get to see what's really up. I've watched all 13 seasons of feeds (even season one!) and have gotten good at multitasking while watching so I don't feel like such a slacker. I've even got an exercise bike in the computer room so I don't get a butt like Porsche.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

My husband doesnt watch at all. He's very tolerant of me. He knows when I cant be found anywhere else, check the computer. I occasionally get the "not AGAIN" look when he sees me sitting here with the feeds on, but he knows how addicted I am to it. He think the entire show is horrible. He doesnt watch ANY reality shows tho.

My 11 year old daughter is addicted to the show. I dont let her sit in front of the feeds, but I do find her trying to "walk by" the computer more often when I'm on it.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

My boyfriend and I have an agreement during BB "season" - I get to watch as much of the feeds as I want and he can golf as much as he wants Its worked out so far! We met at the end of season 5...so his first season with me was season 6 and he knew I loved Janelle....then obviously she was on season 7 again. So now anytime he see's a blonde on the feeds he says "Is that Janelle?" I don't know how many times I've had to tell him she isn't on the show EVERY year! He's clueless. But loves me regardless of my BB obsession!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Great reading everyone! Some of it is very funny too. I am happy for those of you with people to talk to, and it sounds like we have all found ways to handle our love for BB.

I'd be interested in seeing more comments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast