+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: For Live Feeders: Reactions of Friends and Family to Your Love of BB?

Re: For Live Feeders: Reactions of Friends and Family to Your Love of BB?

My friend and I get together Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday nights to watch BB together. Both our hubbies laugh at us. They both enjoy having the tv to themselves at one anothers house while we watch and our not interupting them. It works out great for all of us. lol

my husband was the one who found and registered for the FORT.we have watched since season 2. on season 11 we got the free 3 day trial over labor day weekend when chima checked out and that was that i was hooked on the feeds. this year unfortunatly i been unemployed and the feeds and these conversations have saved my sanity. i appreciate the likes ive recieved and feel like i have new friends. my husband walks by and ask me frequently anything new!he gets a kick when i see something that sets me off and i vent on line. thanks everyone i feel privledged to be part of the group. its funny it looks like a lot of us are females hard to tell by the names and the avatars.keep on typing and i will keep on reading its been fun!....gotta start using spellcheck.
    Last edited by nickster; 08-30-2011 at 11:38 PM.

i've been watching since season 2 and my husband watches with me. he also loves me coming to the FORT to find out up to minute details! i do not get the feeds myself... and i also appreciate all you guys that do and share the info here! thankfully, my business is slow during the BB months, so it works out great for me to be on FORT while working. i have 2 other friends that watch. sometimes we have watch parties together, but #1 does not like any type of spoilers, while #2 wants to know everything! i have to admit, sometimes i just blurt out spoilers just to irritate #1. HA HA HA
    if your being chased by an angry bull, and then you notice you're also being chased by a swarm of bees, it doesn't really change things............ just keep on running!! -- Jack Handey

At the risk of using a word repeated a lot on reality TV shows, these comments are awesome!
    It's great hearing what the show and the boards do for us in a positive sense, as well as how others help us, join in, or just laugh at us.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    My husband claims to hate the show....even though he's watched every single season with me and bugs me for information I get from the feeds...like who won the comps.
    Same here lol. I think since it's a seasonal thing, he doesn't mind so much. He's got himself quite the obsession too though, he plays a little too much xbox live, so there's no way he would ever ever complain about my BB problem. But I have actually gotten testy a few times when he asks me what's going on on the show. I say, why don't you just watch the show with me? But no. He will continue to shoot things, and I will continue to watch Kalia shovel food into her face. I mean, which one sounds more fun? come on....

I can't afford the feeds either and don't have Showtime (Yes, I live a poor, underprivelged life here in Canada LOL). I am always so excited when they announce the upcoming season and come here everyday to catch up on what has happened (Thank you, thank you, thank you live feeders for posting and keeping us all up to date!!) I'm sure my son thinks I am a total lunatic but he also knows exactly when the show is on, what channel to turn it to and DON'T BUG MAMA DURING BB!! He's actually started watching it with me the past couple of years so we bond He's High Functioning Autistic and it is always so funny to hear his perspective on things. He tends to pick one person that he loves and sticks with them until they leave (this year it's Adam so here's hoping Shelley goes tomorrow LOL). I have turned my sister into a baby fan and I have to give her and her daughter updates on major happenings (HOH, PV, etc.). They recently drove across Canada and back to visit us and it was my job to Facebook them updates that she could get as they travelled. I have some co-workers that semi-watch but I mainly get my BB fix from you all - and I couldn't be happier to have found such a great group of people!

Hey, LRain, I'm glad your husband doesn't mind too much, and has his own obsession with the xbox.
    jessesmom, i understand how you can't afford the feeds and we are so glad we can help out here, those of us who do get them...Your husband is watching the show with you now now nice?

One of my friends from Canada in Vancouver who I know mostly online called me the other day and says, what's with the show, the oldtimers are back? I was so thrilled he remembered how much I love the show. Even though he doesn't watch it, he knew that was big news, the vets coming back in.

Question for all: Do things get more tense in your households as things get closer to the end, or does it depend who is left and how much you care? I know with the feeds, my cat George (and it used to be his sister Alice too) seems used to me concentrating more on the feeds at certain times, like after Thursdays show.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    Question for all: Do things get more tense in your households as things get closer to the end, or does it depend who is left and how much you care? I know with the feeds, my cat George (and it used to be his sister Alice too) seems used to me concentrating more on the feeds at certain times, like after Thursdays show.
    For me, I like the end no matter who is left. I think it's always interesting. The show, BBAD, and the FORT, since I don't get the feeds. You know, this comment struck me because -- I wasn't gonna mention this because I don't wanna be a downer -- but my cat died Monday and I've been a wreck since and haven't really cared as much what's going on in the BB house. He has a surviving brother and is grieving, looking for him. So, Andee, I know how you felt with that. They always watched with me too. He swallowed a penny and died after surgery. We're doing a little better now and I'm starting to get back into it. I will tell you, reading on here, did kinda take my mind off things a little and made me laugh a few times when I didn't think I could. So thank you all for being so dang funny!

So sorry to hear about your cat, LRain.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Regular

Thank you so so so much! Those of us that have lost a pet know how hard it is. I definitely need that hug, Gutmutter!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast