+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: 8/30 Live Feed Discussion

Re: 8/30 Live Feed Discussion

Just a couple observations and opinions:

(1) - I think the HGs and all future HGs need to realize that you can't treat "America's Player" as a competition and try to win it on purpose. It is awarded to the person that America likes the best for various reasons. I think a few people tried to do things fake or change themselves to try and win it, but it usually has the opposite effect when people realize they are being fake just to try and win it. A good example is Brendon when he made comments about it, and he seemed to be going after it like a competition. Unless someone is really good at faking, it normally wouldn't change America's mind. I think the KEY to it is to just be yourself, and if you happen to be a great competitor who happens to also be friendly and have that personality that America likes, then you will be in contention for it. It's a unique prize, and I like that BB came up with it.

(2) - As far as Shelly, I would hope most people are at this point just looking at her future actions to see if she changes for the better. The future actions still are valid to analyze IMO. The main thing she did that bothered me just yesterday is not having the courage to own up to Rachel that she was the one who took her dog. She probably should have just apologized to Rachel and owned up to it. I am pretty sure Rachel would have forgiven her and been glad that she would do that. In fact, it may have helped Shelly to not get voted out if she had done that, but instead, she just chickened out and left it where Rachel would find it. I think the main reason it bothered me, is because Rachel could be blaming others in her mind, so by not owning up to it, Shelly has left the blame to others, which is really a low blow way to handle it. Her future actions will be critical, as in all the HGs future actions are always critical and always watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapit View Post
    Adam - Survivor is the hardest to play, Big Brother is the hardest is win...

Jordan - have you noticed, Amazing Race and Survivor is a million....and this is longer and only 500K
    I always wondered about that. Seems like BB is more of a money-maker. It is surely cheaper to just have a house in LA and build sets there than it is to fly a crew all around the world or to a remote location. You don't even have to pay for the crew's lodging with BB. And add the income from BBAD and the live feeds, I would think that there is a LOT more profit generated from BB.

In fact, I would think that BB is one of cheapest shows to produce on TV but I guess it is all about ratings and advertising...

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I always wondered about that. Seems like BB is more of a money-maker. It is surely cheaper to just have a house in LA and build sets there than it is to fly a crew all around the world or to a remote location. You don't even have to pay for the crew's lodging with BB. And add the income from BBAD and the live feeds, I would think that there is a LOT more profit generated from BB.

In fact, I would think that BB is one of cheapest shows to produce on TV but I guess it is all about ratings and advertising...
    Those are really good points. I wish BB would give more prizes out throughout the show. I think they should have prizes for 3rd place, 4th place, 5th, etc. etc. I think there should be money given to each place, with it going down of course towards the last place prize. That way, everyone would still get something. I also think that BB should have more comps for prizes + stuff throughout the show. It would help make the show much more entertaining + give the HGs much more excitement. It would really help to make each day less boring. It would be nice if they had a daily competition that had prizes each day. They wouldn't necessarily have to be that expensive, and some days it could just be for nundane type stuff, but it sure would make the show more exciting IMO.
    scoot13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alia618 View Post
    12:17 AM on Feed 4... Rachel finds her puppy. Or rather... Shelly's puppy tells her where to look.

Go back a few minutes earlier... Kalia comes in to get something and they talk about it a little.
    Okay....that was kinda cute. But Shelly still hasn't fessed up. She's still on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    ...but if I were her boss, I wouldn't want her working for me anymore. She has shown the world what a hateful liar she is and how skilled she is at manipulating people without blinking an eye or consideration for the pain she's causing.
    Actually, that just shows she has the makings of your average CEO (google Al Dunlap).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread