View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam

    8 7.41%
  • Jordan

    63 58.33%
  • Kalia

    3 2.78%
  • Porsche

    10 9.26%
  • Rachel

    20 18.52%
  • Shelly

    4 3.70%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Who are you rooting for?

  1. #31
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Who are you rooting for?

    I think I'd be insulted just being an "ornament" (kind of like a Binky)....for anybody, but I guess it's OK with her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #32
    FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Tar Heel State
    Posts
    22,269

    Re: Who are you rooting for?

    well, she won half a million 2 years ago and she's in the final 5 this time around, so she's doing something right. Everyone in that house has had the opportunity to get her out.
    Mari79 and atlMD like this.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Who are you rooting for?

    I see Jordan as a perceptive judge of character, most of the time, and not afraid to speak her mind. Both qualities are valuable. Her sweet, non judgemental nature energetically lifts the spirits of those around her. She is unassuming and open. She is not a schrewd game player but not a push over either. I like her and I bet most people in her life do too. Nothing wrong with this!

    I would be happy with either Jordan or Rachael winning.
    Katydyd and atlMD like this.

  4. #34
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Who are you rooting for?

    And I guess, for me, that's what is so bewildering. She didn't really earn any of it. For some reason, people bow down at the altar of Jordan. I think she's a joke, but that's just my opinion. I know that many people are on your bandwagon, including one of my dear friends.....and I just shake my head. We don't fight about it, but she can't make it make sense to me, either. It's almost like she's in a trance.
    Daisoo likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: Who are you rooting for?

    I just wish Jordan acted like she gave a damn about being there. It's like she just showed up and allowed everybody else to play the game for her until the end when she'll collect the money.

    There's just something very wrong about that.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Who are you rooting for?

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And I guess, for me, that's what is so bewildering. She didn't really earn any of it. For some reason, people bow down at the altar of Jordan. I think she's a joke, but that's just my opinion. I know that many people are on your bandwagon, including one of my dear friends.....and I just shake my head. We don't fight about it, but she can't make it make sense to me, either. It's almost like she's in a trance.
    I am not on Jordan's bandwagon. I just see who she is and like her, nothing more or as elaborate as bowing down to her. As I said either she or Rachael winning will work for me. I dont care for the others.

  7. #37
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Who are you rooting for?

    I shouldn't have said "your bandwagon"; I meant "the bandwagon". My apologies for misstating.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #38
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Who are you rooting for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I just wish Jordan acted like she gave a damn about being there. It's like she just showed up and allowed everybody else to play the game for her until the end when she'll collect the money.

    There's just something very wrong about that.
    If Jordan expected things to go that way, yes it would be wrong. But she never comes across as entitled, or as if she is "owed" the win. She is just herself. She's made no secret of the fact she came back only because Jeff wanted to...and obviously it was both of them, or neither. I think she wants to do well in the comps, but she doesn't have that uber-competitive personality that drives many of these contestants. And, she just isn't as athletic as say, Rachel. It doesn't make her a bad person or a slacker, and it doesn't mean she doesn't care. She's shown her support and been a "team player" in many other ways that folks here have already mentioned. If Jordan makes it to F2, it's because everyone else made a mistake that got them voted out. Can't blame Jordan for that So, go Jordan and Rachel!!!
    Allie and Mari79 like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  9. #39
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: Who are you rooting for?

    I want Rachel to win or at least come in 2nd right now. I never understood why Jeff and Jordan were not the first targets to get out. Jordan seems sweet and supportive and wanting to pull her own weight. If she wins she deserves it because people had the chance to get rid of her and didn't. And they voted for her. No one is holding a gun to their heads making them vote one way or the other. Now that might have to happen in order for Rachel to win if she gets to the final two!

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: Who are you rooting for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    If Jordan expected things to go that way, yes it would be wrong. But she never comes across as entitled, or as if she is "owed" the win. She is just herself. She's made no secret of the fact she came back only because Jeff wanted to...and obviously it was both of them, or neither. I think she wants to do well in the comps, but she doesn't have that uber-competitive personality that drives many of these contestants. And, she just isn't as athletic as say, Rachel. It doesn't make her a bad person or a slacker, and it doesn't mean she doesn't care. She's shown her support and been a "team player" in many other ways that folks here have already mentioned. If Jordan makes it to F2, it's because everyone else made a mistake that got them voted out. Can't blame Jordan for that So, go Jordan and Rachel!!!
    All true statements, especially the non-competitive, unathletic part. I don't think I've ever seen an apparently fit 24? year old woman move as slowly as Jordan did in the last comp. But she knew she didn't have to really compete because Rachel was carrying her dead weight. Apparently that's her strategy for getting to F2, and never breaking a sweat. It worked once, it will work again. It's as valid a strategy as anything else. If she gets the votes and walks away with the $$ again, congrats to her -- that's all it takes. But, just like all the UTR players on Survivor that walk away with the money, it's a valid win, but not one that I respect. Another Jordan win will --for me -- feel like a wasted season. Of course, YMMV.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.