+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: 8/25 Live Feed Discussion

To the Point

Re: 8/25 Live Feed Discussion

I don't give a big "yee haw" who deserves to win. We all actually tend to choose who we'd like to win. That skews our perspectives on who we think deserves it. I prefer to see someone win who has shown gameplay but hasn't been a huge annoying butt while doing it. You don't have to be petty and immature about it. Jeff had his moments when his mouth should have remained shut, however, overall he didn't play a mean spirited, hateful game. He was pretty straight-up with people, perhaps too much. However, Jeff wasn't a whiney butt. That being said, he obviously doesn't deserve to win since he will not be there at the end.

Shelly has shown a flatout hateful side. I was watching the show last night, and I get it she's with the other side now, but she just had this general attitude where I expected to see elbows thrown and chest bumping. There was just something so "all or nothing" that it almost carries it beyond the game. I would like to think you could flip without being a total and complete piece of defecation about it. People can understand it's a game. It makes it easier to remember that when someone doesn't take such a hard edge attitude into it.

I cannot believe I am going to say this but barring a miracle that enables either Jordan or Rachel to stay and win, I think I'd rather see Adam or Kalia win. That could change in two minutes, but I definitely do not want Shelly to win. I can't even believe I would have any reason to want Rachel to win. Never would have I imagined.

And regarding whether Jeff and Jordan, especially Jordan, should have come back. It's about ratings. They were asked, they accepted. Jordan's reasoning was just as valid as anyone elses.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 08-26-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    Are you SERIOUS? This is what we have to watch for the next few weeks?

I'm so dissappointed I can hardly stand it.
    I for one am happy with whats going on, I know it is the minority, but........ I guess for you guys this is kinda like when the brigade had the last month of BB last year, but atleast this still has some excitement, we don't know yet who will branch off with who. For the F4, if it is S/P/K/A it could be anyone for the win depending on who takes who to the F2
    YO MUDA likes this.

Even Dominic was bummed that Jeff left and said he might be rooting for Jordan now.
    He just wants a shot at americs favorite to get the 25k

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12 View Post
    I can't believe I'm pulling for Rachel!!
    I have to agree with you. If Jordan is gone this week, I want to see Rachel pull out the win of the game
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    But this all comes back to my original dislike of the whole Vets/Newbies twist, I guess. The flaws in this season became even more obvious because one of the returning players was a former winner. Ugh. It makes me hope that they skip All-Stars next year and do an all-new house again.
    There were originally TWO winners in this season who had won their previous seasons - Dick and Jordan. Everyone remembered Dick's win (mostly because of his actions - though I did feel for him in that final 3 round two challenge where he had to swim through a water maze to do the order of the players eliminated), but people didn't remember Jordan's or felt she coasted to a win (which in a way she did, but Natalie was also so horrid to people that Jordan would've won regardless).

I don't know anymore this season - The only players I really don't want to see win are Kalia (to a point), Shelly (to a point) or Porsche (at all). If the final two were Shelly and Kalia, I think I would put my money more on Kalia winning the jury vote because she's been a bit more likable and people know who she voted for each go. Shelly is playing a bit more like Dick did his season - abrasive - mixed in with Danielle's do what's best for her tactics, but I do not think she'll win unless she's against Rachel, who is universally hated. That is the only time I would think and possibly want Shelly to win.

If a newbie wins I'd prefer Adam, and the rest of the order Kalia and Shelley. I don't think Rachel will win and the newbies will have to be smart in order to remember to eliminate Jordan - who would win over ANY of the others (Against Adam however it would be close as both are likable).

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I don't give a big "yee haw" who deserves to win. We all actually tend to choose who we'd like to win. That skews our perspectives on who we think deserves it. I prefer to see someone win who has shown gameplay but hasn't been a huge annoying butt while doing it. You don't have to be petty and immature about it.
    That was kind of my whole point though. People tend to throw around "so and so doesn't deserve to win" based upon how they feel about that person and their gameplay, strategy, or whatever. I just think it's an unfair statement and does a disservice to the person who, in the end, was a better player because they won and the others didn't. You don't have to like the person, or respect their gameplay, but to dismiss the fact that they outlasted everyone else and won the votes of the jury as a mistake, or dumb luck is wrong (IMHO). I agree too with your preference for the winners I'd like to see someone win who has played the game well, and isn't a complete a$$. That said, if God forbid, Shelly wins....I won't like her any better, or the fact that she won. But I can't say she didn't "deserve" to win just because the people I like better lost. And obviously, even though I'd like to think my favorites played a better game - if they truly had, they'd be sitting up in the F2.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

ABS - Anybody but Shelly for the win. Yes, we know this is a game or lying, backstabbing and flipping - of doing things that strategically further your game. What makes Shelly so despicable, is how much of a hypocrite she is - always touting her so-called "integrity" and becoming indignant when it is questioned. THAT is what makes her so very unlikable. Add onto that a layer of meanness and trash talking (while she claims to be the 41 yr. old mature one) and you get a really unlikable character.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aliciasmommy725 View Post
    I
    Irish I agree....... she shouldve have waited to approach Jordan, I think they both were emotional for Jeff being evicted. I think Shell felt terrible for evicted him, but she knew she needed to do it, Obvi Jordan emotionally because her love was leaving...... Emotions got the best of them, heat of the moment. How long till HoH? After Showtime?
    I honestly think Jordan was really upset b/c Shelly lied to her. Yes, she said that you have to lie in this game, but Shelly made it personal. Remember, Jordan wears her heart on her sleeve and being hurt like that after Jordan did nothing but be there for Shelly was a low blow.
    Katydyd likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    .....Can I surmise that Porsche won the HOH? and most feel that Adam has switched his alliance (no surprise)...leaving Rachel and Jordan as the "new targets"?......
    Just catching up. Wow....IMO, Adam should not flip over to the Porche's side. I still think Jordan, Rachel, + him had a chance at taking the other side out. The other side will probably back-door him the first chance they get. He could just stay with Jordan + Rachel and win the Veto, and then win the next HOH, and he would have people trying to join him. I hate it that just because your side doesn't get an HOH, then you automatically flip to the new HOH side. That shows no confidence that you can win either POV or HOH....OH WAIT....thats right, Adam can't win POV or HOH, so no wonder he is flipping.

I have to say....I'm disappointed in Adam. Pretty sure he knows he's not a target...no real reason to crawl up the mean girls butts. But yet ...he is. And I'm also upset at him for not saying anything to Shelly when she bombarded Jordan....like Hey, Shelly...back off....not now, leave her alone...give her space...ANYTHING.

Jordan is making me want to cry....she's so sad and just can't stop crying.
    I'm not surprised at all...the guy does like to watch 90210 after all. Kind of a wimp.
    combatcutie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread