+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

  1. #61
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    These are all noble sentiments, but for someone who this issue hits more personally, it's not enough to simply sit back, and have faith that someday, even the "nice" people who discriminate against me will someday come around to thinking about somebody who isn't like them. I don't care if Jeff ever likes me, or asks me to babysit his own family, but he needs to understand now that it's about a whole lot more than his comfort level. It's about the rights that come with being an American citizen.
    I completely understand. There are two thread going on this topic.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 07-21-2011 at 09:09 PM.

  2. #62
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    979

    Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    These are all noble sentiments, but for someone who this issue hits more personally, it's not enough to simply sit back, and have faith that someday, even the "nice" people who discriminate against me will someday come around to thinking about somebody who isn't like them. I don't care if Jeff ever likes me, or asks me to babysit his own family, but he needs to understand now that it's about a whole lot more than his comfort level. It's about the rights that come with being an American citizen.
    I know he hurt you and I'm so sorry. If you have read any other post that I have written, you will know that I stand by the gay community and believe that they should have all the rights that any American has. It's in the Constitution. However, there are still people, like Jeff, who need to be educated. I want him to hear what you, me , and those that support you have to say, but I don't know if anger is the answer. All he will hear is the anger. Since I have not walked in your shoes, you probably say I don't have the right to feel this way. I guess I am on the outside looking in. If I have offended you in anything I have said, please forgive me. I am on your side.
    Last edited by Coco46; 07-21-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    JavaJo likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  3. #63
    FORT Fogey VelvetHugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post

    I know he hurt you and I'm so sorry. If you have read any other post that I have written, you will know that I stand by the gay community and believe that they should have all the rights that any American has. It's in the Constitution. However, there are still people, like Jeff, who need to be educated. I want him to hear what you, me , and those that support you have to say, but I don't know if anger is the answer. All he will hear is the anger. Since I have not walked in your shoes, you probably say I don't have the right to feel this way. I guess I am on the outside looking in. If I have offended you in anything I have said, please forgive me. I am on your side.
    IMO he's 33 years old. If he hasn't changed his opinion by now I don't think he ever will. If I hadn't seen how irrate he got with Kailia, I would have said there is a possibility of changing but after seeing that, I really don't think so, and in this day and time it's sad. it really is.
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

  4. #64
    Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In The Mist
    Age
    35
    Posts
    20,215

    Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

    We haven't come this far over night. And we won't go further over night either. One by one. Time.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    979

    Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

    Thank you, JustJuls. This is what I have been trying to say about Jeff and all those like him. One by one. Time. Sometimes people change, no matter how old they are, when discrimination happens to someone they know and love and it becomes personal. It plants a seed in their minds that this horrible treatment that so many impose on our gay community is not right or fair. I will still continue to hope for a better world and that change will happen. Call me an optimist.
    bearwme1 likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  6. #66
    FORT Fogey RealVoyeur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

    Wow, how disappointing to hear this about Jeff. I always liked him before on his season but I fully agree with MFWalkoff. I'm done with him now.

    ETA - It sickens me that BB ran a commercial this past week calling J&J "America's Sweethearts". And most of the American public will buy that because they don't have the live feeds and won't read up about him, and of course BB isn't going to air Jeff's comments and allow people to see how he really is, so people will continue to buy into the "sweetheart" myth

    I still like Jordan though.
    Last edited by RealVoyeur; 07-23-2011 at 01:05 PM.

  7. #67
    FORT Fogey VelvetHugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    Wow, how disappointing to hear this about Jeff. I always liked him before on his season but I fully agree with MFWalkoff. I'm done with him now.

    ETA - It sickens me that BB ran a commercial this past week calling J&J "America's Sweethearts". And most of the American public will buy that because they don't have the live feeds and won't read up about him, and of course BB isn't going to air Jeff's comments and allow people to see how he really is, so people will continue to buy into the "sweetheart" myth

    I still like Jordan though.
    Trust me people who don't have the feeds are still seeing it. TMZ talks about it every night and it's all over the internet. Jeff has become popular real quick and it's not because of his good looks. Yes, "America's Sweetheart" definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

  8. #68
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,052

    Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

    Honestly, I think hating on Jeff is counter productive. Especially after he had a talk with Kalia about it and apologized to her and agreed that he over reacted. yes, they didn't show it on the feeds, but Kalia told Lawon about that conversation on the feeds. So, if he's willing to concede after a rational conversation, I believe there is hope for him. And he didnt' commit a hate crime or personally lash out against a gay person. He has a lot to learn, but we all do in one aspect or another.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  9. #69
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetHugs View Post
    IMO he's 33 years old. If he hasn't changed his opinion by now I don't think he ever will. If I hadn't seen how irrate he got with Kailia, I would have said there is a possibility of changing but after seeing that, I really don't think so, and in this day and time it's sad. it really is.
    It is never too late to change your thinking on anything. And the way that happens is to get feedback. Never let a gay slur be said in your presence without comment. I have gotten into arguments. Of course there will be some who never change their position and that is infuriating, but some will. I have seen this first hand. Peer pressure is crucial.

    Javajo: Honestly, I think hating on Jeff is counter productive. Especially after he had a talk with Kalia about it and apologized to her and agreed that he over reacted. yes, they didn't show it on the feeds, but Kalia told Lawon about that conversation on the feeds. So, if he's willing to concede after a rational conversation, I believe there is hope for him. And he didnt' commit a hate crime or personally lash out against a gay person. He has a lot to learn, but we all do in one aspect or another.
    I have not see any of this but if this is true, apologizing for overreacting does NOT show any movement on his part! Very different than understanding what he said was wrong. He was just sorry he gave a stronger reaction than he wanted.

    I am glad to hear TMZ is all over him for this. The more anti gay behavior hits the news the better things will get. Change can be slow but it is happening.

  10. #70
    FORT Newbie Monte71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    17

    Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

    These are all noble sentiments, but for someone who this issue hits more personally, it's not enough to simply sit back, and have faith that someday, even the "nice" people who discriminate against me will someday come around to thinking about somebody who isn't like them.
    I am not sure how Jeff discriminated against you personally. From what I saw, he only had a problem when an author created a gay headmaster as a character in her book/movie. I took it that he didn't think the gay lifestyle should be exposed to young children in book and movie form...especially if the target audience for said books and movies are young children.

    I don't care if Jeff ever likes me, or asks me to baby-sit his own family, but he needs to understand now that it's about a whole lot more than his comfort level. It's about the rights that come with being an American citizen.
    Like Jeff's right to free speech?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.