+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

I missed that. I saw him talking to her and them straightening things out as far as their argument, and him apologizing for yelling, but I missed it if/when he said he she was right and he was wrong about the issue itself
    "It's a game. I remind myself of that every single day. Can't be mad at how anyone plays." - Amber

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    But that's what I was disagreeing with -- this wasn't a reasoned "opinion" from Jeff, it was a knee-jerk prejudice that comes from ignorance. He didn't just disagree with Kalia's opnion, he angrily jumped on it like it was a fire to be put out. That's what made it so much more disturbing.

I'm not going to keep this up, but I wanted to make my view of this distinction clear.

I have always had so much respect for you MFWalkoff and still do of course. I do think Jeff like most people who are walking in ignorance in some area of their life can learn, grow, and improve. I hope the backlash from his statements, once he is out of the house will initiate that change. I agree that it came from deep within him. I'm african american and can tell prejudice a mile away because I've lived it. I intend to hope that he will learn from his mistakes.
    We all can, we just have to want to. Tracey Morgan is working towards change, if he can do it there's hope for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes View Post
    Skip 10 years down the road, suppose Jeff and Jordan have kids, and they have a gay teacher. What's going to happen then?
    The ridiculous thing about Jeff is, likely he wouldn't even know if his kids had a gay teacher. I could care less bout my child's teacher's sexual orientation...it doesn't make a difference one way or another in the quality of their teaching. But I don't want any teacher - gay or straight - discussing their sex life with my kid! And really, how often does that happen? Hopefully not very, because that would be inappropriate. I'd like to think Jeff could get over his prejudice, but by the sheer intensity he displayed with Kahlia, it seems pretty deep rooted. Add to that the issue he seems to have with peeing in front of other guys....and you do kinda have to wonder where it stems from. Was there some sort of abuse in his past, is he fighting questions about his own sexuality, or was he just raised in an extremely bigoted, homophobic home? I think usually that extreme type of reaction Jeff had comes from somewhere. He wasn't just anti-gay....he was furious over the thought that a fictional character might be gay. Seriously?
    marciadale likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

The TMZ show is having a field day with Jeff. Not a night goes by that they don't mention him and his anti-gay remarks. I think when he gets out of the BB house he's going to feel the repercussions from a lot of BB fans. I know when Whaamber went home it got so bad for her she had to move out of Ohio. People spray painted her mothers house and broke the windows out of her car. I live in Ohio and remember reading a lot of things in the paper that had happened to her. She was fired from her job, a lady threw a chocolate shake on her and ask her how it felt to be black and people harrassed her wherever she went. They put her through hell. Even though she kinda deserved a little negativity from the fans they went way too far. Hopefully that won't happen to Jeff but if it does I really won't feel sorry for him. It's Jordan I feel sorry for. I just wish she would have stood up to him and told him how ridiculous he sounded. I was a big Jeff fan, but now it's all I can do to watch him anymore.
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

FORT Fogey

Rather than hating Jeff for his comments, see this a step in the evolution in the accepting and understanding homosexuality. Jeff will get feedback from these comments will learn from them as will others who hear this story. This is how it happens, one step at a time, one person at a time.

There are many good, kind, smart people who are ignorant. Rather than hating them, work toward helping them understand. This is how things move forward. Getting angry only hurts you and does not help educate the general population. In fact it only makes things worse. The recipeint of hate digs their heels in further and says, see? I was right; gays/gay supporters are violent, wrong and bad.

My sons were raised around our friends, as most children are; many of ours were gay and lesbian. By example of who my husband and I are and who they are, many in our life, have come to understand and open their minds. Setting an example by actions is strong and effective.

Jeff is not one who will to strap a gun to his pickup truck and hunt gay men. I see him as someone who has great potential to learn. He is a solid guy, give him a chance to react to what is going to come his way when he is out, rather than comdeming him for his ignorance now.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 07-21-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Thank you so much for saying this Shoepie! This is exactly what I've been feeling and didn't have the right words to say it.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I agree Juls. I sat earlier and read this post. My mouse and keyboard hovered over the reply, but I just couldnt think of anything to add. So very well said.

BEST. POST. EVER.
    JustJuls likes this.

FORT Fogey

Thanks.

I had the chance to meet Jeff and Jordan right after their first BB season. They were both so tired when I saw them, that my impression of Jeff, at first, was that he was a little arrogant. Jordan was Jordan..lol!! However, my daughter, who works with Janna (Jordan's sister), has had the chance to be around both of them off and on and says that Jeff is very much a gentleman and really treats people with respect. I don't think he realized that his rant would be perceived as it was. It was how he felt or was brought up to feel, perhaps. I don't think that he really meant any malice. I think too that he will change as the world is beginning to change. I say let's give him a chance.

The other comment I want to make about these two is that someone said they wished Jordan would stand up to Jeff more. She really does, as I saw it that one day I met them. The reason she doesn't too much on this show is that she is a little more cautious and aware this time about how the public is perceiving her and, believe it or not, is not as naive. They really are cute together and I hope their relationship developes in the right direction. I'm glad though that she is taking her time.
    Last edited by Coco46; 07-21-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    tapper01 likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

These are all noble sentiments, but for someone who this issue hits more personally, it's not enough to simply sit back, and have faith that someday, even the "nice" people who discriminate against me will someday come around to thinking about somebody who isn't like them. I don't care if Jeff ever likes me, or asks me to babysit his own family, but he needs to understand now that it's about a whole lot more than his comfort level. It's about the rights that come with being an American citizen.
    Bunny555 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread