+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

But that's what I was disagreeing with -- this wasn't a reasoned "opinion" from Jeff, it was a knee-jerk prejudice that comes from ignorance. He didn't just disagree with Kalia's opnion, he angrily jumped on it like it was a fire to be put out. That's what made it so much more disturbing.

I'm not going to keep this up, but I wanted to make my view of this distinction clear.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

You know what though? I think Jeff will reconsider this later on, because of feedback from other HGs and elsewhere.
    No, he's not a monumental intellect, but this season would be so much poorer without him. He is such a calming
    influence on Brenchel, for example.

In this case I disagree with him vehemently, but have faith in his ability to learn.

Maybe I'd be slightly less on his case if he hadn't made similarly thoughtless remarks in his season, which he also took heat for. Apparently he didn't learn much in the two years since then.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I don't think anyone directly challenged him directly on the show though.

MFW, I know you're really pissed off because of what Jeff said about NYC. I didn't hear that part.

Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    I don't think anyone directly challenged him directly on the show though.

MFW, I know you're really pissed off because of what Jeff said about NYC. I didn't hear that part.
    Huh? I was joking about the NYC stuff, that's not even on my radar. BB is supposed to be fun and I try to keep it fun. This is totally about Jeff's remarks about gays -- with me, it doesn't have to be about something else. He basically called me a pervert and a criminal. Which I would normally just shrug and say he's an idiot, and move on. But he was angry when he said it. He meant it, and he wasn't going to hear anybody else's "PC" thoughts about it. In his mind, he was just right, period. And that's just plain bad for him.
    bearwme1 likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Would you say the same thing about someone making racist rants on the show? Because Jeff wasn't just talking about Dumbledore. He was saying I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children, because I might "indoctrinate" them. And that's not something I'm going to just let slide.
    So you can then state your opinion, discuss and go on. My biggest point was that in the BB house, he treated everyone with respect and that's what I need to know. Everyone has different opinions, and that's okay. I understand you are offended. There have been instances when I've been very offended by - and took personally - things said on reality shows as well.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    So you can then state your opinion, discuss and go on. My biggest point was that in the BB house, he treated everyone with respect and that's what I need to know. Everyone has different opinions, and that's okay. I understand you are offended. There have been instances when I've been very offended by - and took personally - things said on reality shows as well.
    It is one thing to hold differing opinions on religion, politics, what to put on the pizza, but bigotry shouldn't be tolerated by anyone, and Jeff is a bigot.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Well, I've stated my opinion that I don't believe he is according to how he treats people in real life. I don't think there's anything else to say about this incident - for me - because we're not changing opinions, just sharing them.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I didn't get the feeds this year and missed this and all discussions about it. I am so disappointed and dashed by this. Damn.

Gosh, I thought you were angry about the NYC stuff, in two posts, MFW...maybe next time,
    put a smiley in there?

As far as the anti-gay comments, I am very sorry Jeff said that, it's wrong, and as I noted,
    I believe he could be re-educated...one day, anyway.

+ Reply to Thread