+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

Re: Jeff - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

Jeff worked this out with Kalia off camera and it never went further...it is sad how it is spreading like wildfires...he is going to get out and learn he started a ruckus.

Maybe he will get asked by Julie to explain

CBS put out a statement -- there's coverage on it everywhere:
    CBS responds to homophobic comments made in 'Big Brother' house

Jul 13 2011 03:40 PM ET
    by Lynette Rice

A homophobic rant by Jeff Schroeder inside the Big Brother house is not expected to air in an upcoming telecast, but CBS opted to release a statement today in response to his remarks. (On the live feeds, Schroeder – an all-star who returned this year as part of the show’s dynamic duo twist — addresses the sexuality of Professor Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series by saying, “he’s in school with little kids! You don’t want to make that guy gay!”

“Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 — and seeing every moment of their lives,” according to the CBS statement. “At times, the houseguests make comments, reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the house or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program.”
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie8863 View Post
    Jeff worked this out with Kalia off camera and it never went further...it is sad how it is spreading like wildfires...he is going to get out and learn he started a ruckus.

Maybe he will get asked by Julie to explain
    I highly doubt that will happen.
    KAREN

Well. Watching the clip was actually worse than reading the transcript for me, I'm pretty sure my eyes attempted to escape from my head after rolling back so far. I mean, really, Jeff? Looks like he's off my 'favorites' list because that... was kind of disgusting to watch. But Kalia is now getting major points in my book.

No way in hell this ever makes it on the show, unfortunately.

"Someone's boring me. I think it's me." ~Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    Well. Watching the clip was actually worse than reading the transcript for me, I'm pretty sure my eyes attempted to escape from my head after rolling back so far. I mean, really, Jeff? Looks like he's off my 'favorites' list because that... was kind of disgusting to watch. But Kalia is now getting major points in my book.

No way in hell this ever makes it on the show, unfortunately.
    I have to agree with you. My love for Jeff has totally gone down the drain. I don't understand how anyone so intellegent and has so much going for them can be so closed minded. I see him now and he litterally makes me ill. I'd like to smack him! I want him off the show ASAP!
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"

FORT Fogey

Did Jeff ever really come across as intelligent though? Lovable before we saw this side of him, yes. But I don't think I'd have ever described him as intelligent. After all, he did stay interested in conversations with Jordan over things like how to tell time, and how spiders make webs. I'd like to hope that at some point, Jeff will encounter people, or have experiences that will help him to overcome his ignorance and admit how wrong he's been. But I'm not confident that will ever happen.

There are tons of intelligent people who are closed minded. my father is one of them - african americans and gays. about 10 years ago, after my grandmother died.... one of my cousins came out and eventually her and her significant partner had a marriage ceremony. i thought my father was going to have a heart attack. he loves his niece and never knew she was lesbian. today, my father has a whole different stance when it comes to the gays. IMO.... sometimes, it takes something close to home, for the closed minded person to see things differently. i really like Jeff and for his sake, hope he has one of those "close to home" moments.
    if your being chased by an angry bull, and then you notice you're also being chased by a swarm of bees, it doesn't really change things............ just keep on running!! -- Jack Handey

Jeff is the same person he was last season. He is within his rights to have his own opinion about certain things, whether anyone agrees with him or not it doesn't change the other aspects of his character that America liked. This was about a fictional character, and he's been the same person with all real people in the house.

Also, he's not cramming his opinions down anyone's throat. He is free to state his opinion, discuss, and move on. People don't have to like it, but differing opinions make up society.
    Hyper, JustJuls, oilerfan and 3 others like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Jeff is the same person he was last season. He is within his rights to have his own opinion about certain things, whether anyone agrees with him or not it doesn't change the other aspects of his character that America liked. This was about a fictional character, and he's been the same person with all real people in the house.

Also, he's not cramming his opinions down anyone's throat. He is free to state his opinion, discuss, and move on. People don't have to like it, but differing opinions make up society.
    Would you say the same thing about someone making racist rants on the show? Because Jeff wasn't just talking about Dumbledore. He was saying I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children, because I might "indoctrinate" them. And that's not something I'm going to just let slide.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-14-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I don't think she's saying you should....but some of us are going to.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread