+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Dick - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

Re: Dick - BB13 (Dynamic Duos) *Live Feed Spoilers*

Yeah what I said sounded harsh, but I wasn't implying he lied. I saw the video and I believe him.

At the same time. all I've observed is that, for all his loyalty and determination on the show, he can also be incredibly petty and cruel when he decides he doesn't like a person or situation. And then he attacks it like it's lunging at this throat, whether they 'deserve' it or not.

He's good and bad in the extreme. And he's the one who opens himself up to scrutiny and unpleasant comments by being on a reality TV show. He's free to flip us off and call us names right back for doing it, but it's all just a part of the package.
    buglover and TheIrishEyes like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

CCL

First off, I agree with MFW's assessment of ED above.

Secondly, it may be that Dick's friend's emergency was very personal in nature (such as ODing, attempting suicide) and Dick feels it is not his place to go into details.
    dagwood and tapper01 like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Excellent point CCL! That would make perfect sense, and fits the character that we know of Dick as well. I also would have to agree with MFW's assessment. I love the Dick I get to watch on BB and definitely hope he is able to make it back in the house at some point...I'd love for him to be the only 2x BB winner However, I can also see how having a relationship with him (on whatever level) could be difficult. It's one thing to watch and enjoy someone on TV or the feeds....quite another to have all that drama and intensity (good and bad) a part of your real life. That said though, I think whoever this friend is that moved Dick to exit the BB house, is very lucky to have him.
    JustJuls and tapper01 like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I agree too Jules....and I believe him. Mostly because nothing else really makes sense. If he was kicked out, or it was a production thing, I don't believe he could have released that statement now. And honestly, I don't believe AG would have gotten rid of Dick. And as I said earlier, I can't see him leaving for any other reason - he's right, he would have gotten way more publicity for the site if he'd stayed. And his leaving certainly didn't do Dani or his alliance any favors. Like Dick said in his DR tonight, it seems like the only time he and Dani do get along is when they're in the BB house.
    AG would've evicted him if he violated the rules, but from what we saw he didn't.

If it were production, I think they'd not done the episode yesterday like they did it and just skipped to the part where Dick left, including reasons - even production - why he was ejected. Chima and others who clearly violated the rules in the past have had those shown on the show.

IMHO, I think he's genuine in this case - the person must be very close to him for them to actually break the "no outside contact" issue and let him know. This has happened only one other time - the year of the Sept. 11 attacks.

And, from watching him in earlier seasons and this year, I don't think he'd ever DOR. He's too tough (all aspects) to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I'm reading elsewhere that he had a friend who had an emergency and because that friend was always there for him, he left. I don't buy it at all. CBS didn't tell people when 9/11 happened, they aren't going to call Dick in to tell him a friend is having an emergency unless it was medical which he keeps denying there were any medical emergencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I don't know, not much else but to take him at face value He seemed sincere enough, and after watching, I really don't believe it was a publicity stunt. I think after 9/11 they may have had to rethink how they handle outside emergencies. I know the one girl's cousin was killed but I can't remember if they told her before she left the house or not. If not, they probably got tons of flak and would not make the same mistake in an emergency situation again. All Dick said was his son, mother and girlfriend were OK. That certainly leaves plenty of other people in his life who may have had a crisis -medical or otherwise. I really don't think he would have left if he didn't feel he had no other choice....if nothing else his desire to be in that house came through loud and clear.
    Bug, Katy - they actually did tell the houseguests about the attacks. They felt it too serious to NOT tell them, and I think at the time there was concern that California would have attacks too, so they wanted to assure the guests they were OK. Monica had a relative in one of the towers who died in the attacks. They felt it was TOO serious to not mention. That said, Monica chose to NOT leave the house, and she nearly won too.

And Katy, neither Monica nor CBS knew at the time if the relative had died or not. We found out the next season that she had indeed died when they did those old "Where are they now?" bits when they were still popular on CBS.

That said, yeah, if it was medical for him they'd probably tell him too.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 07-11-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks Jade I couldn't remember when they let Monica know about her cousin. And I can't imagine them not telling someone about a medical emergency. I would think that would open them up for all sorts of lawsuits, especially if the worst happened and you were never informed And I agree with you too....no way Dick would DOR unless he really felt there no other option.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Yeah, I really don't think Dick would do that, not after also remembering that the final three contest his year - round two - had I think him and Danielle having to swim through obstacles - some under water, to get puzzle pieces for the challenge. I remember him being exhausted too by the end.

Please understand, I'm not a gigantic fan of Dick's - I found some of his antics too much and honestly crossing the line to the point of being ejected from the game. (note though I also didn't respect what Jen did either - destroying his property and breaking rules to guarantee her eviction that week if not next).

That said, I found him refreshing because he's one of the few houseguests who is for the most part exactly as you see him on the show and live feeds. Jordan and Jeff from what I have seen are also for the most part the same way.

I am really going to miss him. I was SO looking forward to some fireworks between he and Rachel!!!
    marciadale likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    First off, I agree with MFW's assessment of ED above.

Secondly, it may be that Dick's friend's emergency was very personal in nature (such as ODing, attempting suicide) and Dick feels it is not his place to go into details.
    I think that's very likely it---something of a real emergency nature like that, and certainly I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Dick had friends who might OD! Points to him for going to help--for all we know it was someone like his own NA sponsor (have no idea if Dick did drugs, but again, wouldn't surprise me at all given his life). Too bad, even though I didn't like him last time, as he'd certainly taken charge of the oldies....and allowing J/J to play it low as Jeff said. While Rachel really does seem to be trying to be less emotional (and maybe spare us some of the over the top drama) this time around, I doubt she can last that way, so was indeed really looking forward to seeing him slice and dice her. Ugh, now I feel not nice, since I didn't like when he did that to others, but Rachel just really irritates me the way she bullies people.
    So who will "run" the oldies now? Brenchel? On the surface at least. If Dani is smart she will befriend one of the other oldie couples...at some point there's going to be a 3/2 split... If she gets to the end, who should she want to go up against? Nice J/J who have already won (but so has she sort of) or no doubt annoying Brenchel?

Well, I admire him for going to the aid of a good friend.

I just hope he comes back for an appearance this season, and of course, for all-stars. The combo of Dick and Dani, J/J, and Brenchel
    was almost too good to be true. Gads, I was so looking forward to his spiels at night. Just seeing him on the first show was quite
    entertaining.

He's had an effect on the game already, with how everyone started things off.
    Katydyd likes this.

+ Reply to Thread