+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Shelly - BB13 *Live Feed Spoilers*

Re: 8/28 Live Feed Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetHugs View Post
    I sure hope Tony keeps Josie away from the Facebook site. She doesn't need to be reading all the hatred that people are saying. I'm sure she will hear enough about it in school. So sad she has to go through this.
    It is sad Josie has to go through this. Shelly is full aware cameras are recording her every move and she should have been more cognizant of her actions. Regarding game play I know everyone wants to see Shelly walk out the door (myself included) Thursday, but the smartest move would be send Adam packing. As mentioned before Adam is more a physical threat and as far as any deal between Adam and RJ that may or may not hold out. I could easily see him siding with the mean girls and nominating RaJo if he had HoH. If RaJo kept Shelly and competed with her and Kalia they would have a great shot at getting HoH. Rid yourself of Porsche and I think they would coast to the final two. I'd take Shelly to the final three as there's no way she would ever win the final HoH.

Re: 8/28 Live Feed Discussion

To anyone who has followed the Shelly fiasco in the real world, this is something done by trolls. They're obsessive and they love attention. If you want to stop them, you have to ignore them. They demand attention, and if you give it, they wont stop coming.
    The Moral Of Big Brother 11: If you don't play nice, Chima will pay you a visit.

Re: Shelly - BB13 *Live Feed Spoilers*

That's true srgeman. I've watched Big Brother years and have my favorites and my not so favorites but I couldn't imagine ever being so obsessed that I'm searching for phone numbers and calling up and threatening family members. I have not been pleased with Shelly's behavior but I could imagine how I'd act in the same situation. You're under stress, you're in pain, you're not in the right frame of mind (not trusting anyone). Dani may have got in her head but she was right. Shelly would have been number three in a team with Jeff/Jordan. But Jordan is just so sweet by contrast Shelly looks horrible. And the personal attacks on Shelly's appearance on many sites (like the facebook pages professing their hatred of) are just as vile as what those who admonish her for the same type of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Wait, who are you talking about... Porsche and Adam thinking about throwing a medicine ball at Rachel's stomach to make her abort?
    Porsche and Adam were talking about Rachel maybe being pregnant. They discussed that the POV comp might be something that wasn't safe for Pregnant women to play. The medicine ball comment got thrown in there and then Porsche commented that that would ave Brendon $400.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Ugh, some people are just sick. Seriously, Shelly's rotten, mean and looks like a piece of beef jerky with a wig, but that doesn't mean they have to be so disgusting and make such horrible threats to her family. They're sounding like Dick, honestly.
    No, I know... I was responding to the above quote.
    Count your blessings!

I think that Shelly could have gone all the way to at least be in the final 4 if she had just not let Dani get in her head. She must have known that Dani was not going to get the votes to stay because Adam told her so. I think she will look back at that time in the house and realize that she was being manipulated by a pro. Dani used Shelly and I wonder if Dani even cares or it's all about her.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAKite View Post
    I think that Shelly could have gone all the way to at least be in the final 4 if she had just not let Dani get in her head. She must have known that Dani was not going to get the votes to stay because Adam told her so. I think she will look back at that time in the house and realize that she was being manipulated by a pro. Dani used Shelly and I wonder if Dani even cares or it's all about her.
    Dani has plenty to feel bad about but nothing that involves Shelly. Shelly went to Dani and it was her idea to switch. It was probably the people in DR that got in her head.

Throughout the game Shelly told who would listen that she could influence Adam. When she couldn't for this vote, this probably contributed to her aggressive mood. This has nothing to do with her idea of vengeance against Rachel by stealing her plushie - that was a junior high move and not worthy of someone touting her own integrity.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    This brings a harsh light on everything I can't stand about romances in the BB house, and how it turns the show into something else. There's a reason I don't watch The Bachelor -- and this is it. Gullible people get themselves all twisted in a (usually fake) romance between two people who they will never meet, letting their delusional emotions carry them to extremes like this.

Shelly made a game move. Period. They're all playing a game. Jeff has already won a nice stack of cash in competitions, and if Jordan doesn't go all the way, hey, she already won a half million. They will be just fine. They're all playing the same game, and for people to get so carried away and take things so personally is just awful. I'm embarrassed to say I watch the show when things like this happen. I expect it from Bachelor fans (that show should be outlawed), but not with BB.

Shelly is not "rotten." She's a human being like you and me, trying to get through a circus with 72 cameras pointed at her. I'd love to see how any "call the FCC, call CPS" fans would react in her place. They'd probably be carried out on a stretcher.
    All that you've said is true. Reality TV is scripted to inspire fierce emotions in people. That's why they do it. When they are successful at it, they shouldn't complain about it. Romances happen in any situation. In churches, on buses, trains, airplanes. So it's expected that when you put people together in a situation where the only people they interact with is each other things will happen. The producers count on it and encourage it. With rules saying it's ok to take peoples things, and obviously allow people to mess with peoples food with no consequences, they want human drama and poor behavior.

Our response to what we see is natural human behavior. People threaten, dislike, hate, loath, cheer for, and love people in real life for various reasons. I'm not saying people respond reasonably, I'm just saying people respond. I agree that Shelly's "may" not be rotten, her behavior in the house is. She's not the only one to share that crown. Each of them can. It's natural instinct to choose sides. We do it everyday in our jobs, schools, with our neighbors. We like some people, we don't like others.

Shelly made more than a game move. She made a move by her actions towards Jordan and others in the house that has affected her integrity. People judge us by our actions and the people we associate with every day. That may not be right, but that's how it is. It's similar to people judging others for who they love or want to marry, what they look like, or their dress size or hair color.

My husband often speaks of wanting to apply for Big Brother. We've talked this through many times, and I always tell him, "Honey, if you want to go, go, but be prepared for the possibility or having to give up your job, your reputation, some of your friends, have people hate you, not want to give you credit, slander you, and judge you because that's the position you will be putting yourself in and those may be the consequences. Knowing that if you go into it, you can't really justify complaining.

Should they threaten Shelly and her family? Absolutely not! However, Shelly isn't new to the game, and should have seriously considered the consequences before going in. Some people will do anything for money, but that can be very dangerous because money doesn't buy happiness and sometimes, even often, it can destroy it. None of us may react any differently than Shelly when in her situation in the house, but all of us should know that it's a possibility of terrible consequences if we agree to put ourselves in that situation.
    kelly54 and JavaJo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bearwme1 View Post
    All that you've said is true. Reality TV is scripted to inspire fierce emotions in people. That's why they do it. When they are successful at it, they shouldn't complain about it. Romances happen in any situation. In churches, on buses, trains, airplanes. So it's expected that when you put people together in a situation where the only people they interact with is each other things will happen. The producers count on it and encourage it. With rules saying it's ok to take peoples things, and obviously allow people to mess with peoples food with no consequences, they want human drama and poor behavior.

Our response to what we see is natural human behavior. People threaten, dislike, hate, loath, cheer for, and love people in real life for various reasons. I'm not saying people respond reasonably, I'm just saying people respond. I agree that Shelly's "may" not be rotten, her behavior in the house is. She's not the only one to share that crown. Each of them can. It's natural instinct to choose sides. We do it everyday in our jobs, schools, with our neighbors. We like some people, we don't like others.

Shelly made more than a game move. She made a move by her actions towards Jordan and others in the house that has affected her integrity. People judge us by our actions and the people we associate with every day. That may not be right, but that's how it is. It's similar to people judging others for who they love or want to marry, what they look like, or their dress size or hair color.

My husband often speaks of wanting to apply for Big Brother. We've talked this through many times, and I always tell him, "Honey, if you want to go, go, but be prepared for the possibility or having to give up your job, your reputation, some of your friends, have people hate you, not want to give you credit, slander you, and judge you because that's the position you will be putting yourself in and those may be the consequences. Knowing that if you go into it, you can't really justify complaining.

Should they threaten Shelly and her family? Absolutely not! However, Shelly isn't new to the game, and should have seriously considered the consequences before going in. Some people will do anything for money, but that can be very dangerous because money doesn't buy happiness and sometimes, even often, it can destroy it. None of us may react any differently than Shelly when in her situation in the house, but all of us should know that it's a possibility of terrible consequences if we agree to put ourselves in that situation.

You make some great points. I am a big fan of this show, but that's it "just a fan". Sure, I may throw out comments like "i hate so+so" and scream at my TV, but it is all in jest for me, and I would probably end up liking the person outside of the show. I think 99% of the fans of the show are like that, in that, we get all caught up in it, and we get very emotional, but when we take a step back, we realize we are just reacting to "the show". What is very scary, is the extra 1% of the people that cannot separate that this is a show for us for entertainment. There was a documentary type show on last night (like 20/20 or something) that had two situations. One was a young man who was having an online relationship with what he thought was a young pretty girl. That girl turned out to be an older married woman. The other one was more disturbing and ended up with a guy murdering another guy over jealously of an online relationship with a girl neither of them had ever met in person. That is what is scary, is that there are people out there that cannot separate where the show ends and real life begins.

This show is pretty vulnerable to that kind of thing because of the way it forces such close relationships between the contestants. I used to think I would love to tryout for this show, but after seeing how the reaction of the public is so intense, there is no way I would do it. Which is really sad. Its similar to anybody who gets huge fame, in how their personal life is really never the same. Its kind of a sad thing really, and anybody who enters into this kind of show needs to understand how bad it can get for them.

P.S. I am no longer a fan of Shelly either.
    Last edited by Sticker; 08-29-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    bearwme1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread