+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Shelly - BB13 *Live Feed Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: Shelly - BB13 *Live Feed Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I have to wonder if Shelly had betrayed anyone besides "America's Sweethearts," would everyone be so upset with her? My opinion might be the unpopular one but I don't mind the manipulative game play. I don't even mind the lying. It worked for Dr. Will...he's one of my favorite houseguests to play this game. Hiding Rachel's dog and some of the immature bashing that Shelly took part in was a bit low and unnecessary, but I don't have a problem with her turning on Jeff and Jordan. She was right in her exit interview in that she might have made her move a little too soon. But...she was also right in that she would never beat Jeff or Jordan and they would never choose her over each other. Again though, if it was anone but Jeff and Jordan would people be so worked up?

It's a game. And in my opinion, anyone who makes it to the end deserves to be there. No matter how they got there. We might not like the person, but they got there. End of story.
    Exactly! If Shelly had made the same moves against, say, Dani, who is more universally disliked than the Golden Couple I think she would have been applauded for efforts, rather than becoming Public Enemy #1. The manipulative game play is what makes this show worth watching. The stuffed dog thing? Stupid of her to take it, and even more stupid for people to get so worked up about it. Geez. What a bunch of children. With Shelly gone now, I think the rest of the season will be a giant snorefest. Thank goodness it's almost over.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

I have to wonder if Shelly had betrayed anyone besides "America's Sweethearts," would everyone be so upset with her? My opinion might be the unpopular one but I don't mind the manipulative game play. I don't even mind the lying. It worked for Dr. Will...he's one of my favorite houseguests to play this game. Hiding Rachel's dog and some of the immature bashing that Shelly took part in was a bit low and unnecessary, but I don't have a problem with her turning on Jeff and Jordan. She was right in her exit interview in that she might have made her move a little too soon. But...she was also right in that she would never beat Jeff or Jordan and they would never choose her over each other. Again though, if it was anone but Jeff and Jordan would people be so worked up?

It's a game. And in my opinion, anyone who makes it to the end deserves to be there. No matter how they got there. We might not like the person, but they got there. End of story.
    You make a good point, but had her lying been lower key it would have easier to see the game play aspect. As I said in my post above there was no reason to lie so loudly and so forcefully actually becoming annoyed if her loyalty was questioned.

Will is my favorite all time player and he lied beautifully. And we have seen others lie effectively and leave without the rancor all feel for Shelly. It is more about how you negotiate the lying and not the lies themselves.
    andee and scoot13 like this.

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

It didn't bother me that she turned on Jeff and Jordan. She thought it was the best game move for herself. (Now, I still don't quite see that it was the best game move, but players need to do what they think they need to do).

I don't mind lying either... I think the difference is, that with the example of Will as you mentioned, he would go into the DR and laugh about how he was lying to everyone. But even in the DR sessions that we saw, Shelly would try to act like she was still being honest, playing with integrity, etc.

In a game with no rules, everything goes, I just prefer it when the player owns up to their actions.
    bearwme1, Shoepie and scoot13 like this.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

True, Irish. I do find her very sanctimonious and I don't care for her at all. I'm not comparing her to Will in that way. I just don't have an issue with lying as a game move the way a lot of people seem to...and again, a lot of people seem to have that problem specifically since it involved Jeff and Jordan.

I've said time and again. I don't want to watch a house full of people follow a favorite to the end of the game. It's boring and it's not the way I want to see the game played. I'd rather see the lying and the backstabbing, the drama and the manipulations. That's the game I love and that's why I watch. It doesn't matter if my favorite houseguest gets voted out and if someone I can't stand ends up winning the game...as much as I hate it when that does happens.

That said, I do like Jeff and Jordan. I just question why everyone is really so upset with Shelly's actions. And of course, they're free to bash her all day long...I'm just saying...this thread wouldn't be hopping nearly as much if it wasn't Jeff's back she stuck the knife into.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey

True, Irish. I do find her very sanctimonious and I don't care for her at all. I'm not comparing her to Will in that way. I just don't have an issue with lying as a game move the way a lot of people seem to...and again, a lot of people seem to have that problem specifically since it involved Jeff and Jordan.

I've said time and again. I don't want to watch a house full of people follow a favorite to the end of the game. It's boring and it's not the way I want to see the game played. I'd rather see the lying and the backstabbing, the drama and the manipulations. That's the game I love and that's why I watch. It doesn't matter if my favorite houseguest gets voted out and if someone I can't stand ends up winning the game...as much as I hate it when that does happens.

That said, I do like Jeff and Jordan. I just question why everyone is really so upset with Shelly's actions. And of course, they're free to bash her all day long...I'm just saying...this thread wouldn't be hopping nearly as much if it wasn't Jeff's back she stuck the knife into.
    I agree that I prefer to watch a BB with a lot of action. I just don't like Shelly's personality and didn't from day one. I don't care that she voted Jeff out. Couples had to be broken. I didn't find her style of game play entertaining. Not everyone commenting here dislikes her because Jeff was the target.
    scoot13 likes this.

there are some who went off the deep end because it was Jeff evicted, but I haven't seen any of that here. Many of us JJ fans felt that they were not playing the game anyhow - the way they never came out of HOH room was not to their advantage. But they didn't ask Shelly to PLAY FOR THEM - they did ask that she play for herself when she was ready and let them know if possible. and letting them know would have been handled much better.
    But she went overboard in lying and manipulation and hurt someone who truly liked her and trusted her. and the speed of the double eviction also contributed to the hurt - it was a bad situation all around.
    Shoepie likes this.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Yeah, I don't love Jeff so her turning on him didn't particularly bother me, but her self-righteous snivelling and wailing about being a good person and loving the people whose backs she is twisting the knife in is pretty repulsive. And the dog theft&hide incident - I might (might) tolerate such an action in a sixteen year old because teens have an inherent tendency to idiocy, but that is pathetic behaviour in an adult. But in all fairness, I disliked her from the git-go so I wasn't predisposed to forgive her more egregious behaviour.
    bearwme1 and Shoepie like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

She lost me when she came out and threw that first vote and lied about it right off the bat. I knew that she was a snake and couldn't be trusted. Even as she was pledging her allegiance to J/J, I could see that she was keeping her options open so that she could jump ship the first time it was convenient for her.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    She lost me when she came out and threw that first vote and lied about it right off the bat. I knew that she was a snake and couldn't be trusted. Even as she was pledging her allegiance to J/J, I could see that she was keeping her options open so that she could jump ship the first time it was convenient for her.
    That's when she lost me too. I gave her the benefit of the doubt b/c everyone lies, but she was just a snake
    Shoepie likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

It may have been the unnecessary things she said and did that lost her a lot of fans as well. She played the honor card way too much which was very irritating. I have no problems with her jumping alliances or saying one thing and voting the other way. None at all. Perhaps it was just the way she did the things she did?

+ Reply to Thread