View Poll Results: Do you think Brendon and Rachel will last?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can see them getting married in the future. No, really!

4 4.76%
  • Eh, I give it until Christmas.

26 30.95%
  • A week outside the house, tops.

37 44.05%
  • Brendon can't wait to get out of the jury house and away from her.

17 20.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brendon and Rachel: Will it last?

Brendon and Rachel: Will it last?

While we're waiting for the finale (), a silly poll: what do you think of their chances outside the house?
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Re: Brendon and Rachel: Will it last?

Hell to the no! As soon as she saw him walk in the jury house, she was done with him. The only way she'd stay w/him is if he won, and even that wouldn't have lasted very long! Maybe a couple of months. Long enough to blow through his winnings!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Not to go all Bill Clinton on you, but it depends on how you define "last"... I bet it will "last" about as long as Rachel thinks it can extend her 15 minutes. If she thinks they can be a TAR couple for example...it will last a fair while, until the next casting season is over. If he wins fan favorite that might buy him a few more weeks... although I"m sure 25K is chump changes in her Vegas eyes. Otherwise I give it about 2 weeks after the interviews end, so that she can then have another round of interviews about the end of the romance.
    That all assumes it is Rachel doing the dumping, which I think most people will assume is what is going to happen. On the surface the chemist and the biophysisist seem like a good match, leading to a happy little academic (or at least industry) home. But all that "I am Vegas" "Vegas is me" stuff makes it seem pretty unlikely that chemistry is really her calling, and even though she said she'd move to CA it doesn't seem likely unless she thinks she has a showbiz future there.
    The other assumption is that Brendon's family doesn't go upside his head at the finale and bring him to his senses.... Or maybe he will watch the tapes they no doubt made of the show and see that in fact it really WAS the drama queen starting most of those fights, and come to his senses. But for now his senses still seem to be overwhelming his commonsense.

Thanks for the polls Waywyrd! I think it was a great idea!

I think Brendon will wise up when his Mother slaps him upside the head as soon as she see's him!!! If he was my son I might even slap him twice!

Rachel will dump him as soon as she realizes he assumes she is going to move to LA for him.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think he can't wait to get out of the jury house and away from her. Then again, maybe I am projecting my feelings onto him.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4060904;
    I think he can't wait to get out of the jury house and away from her. Then again, maybe I am projecting my feelings onto him.
    I know we've only seen a brief glimpse of the jury house, but that was the feeling I got too.
    After she got all pissy with Ragan, it seemed to me that Brendon might have seen the light where she's concerned.
    I'm probably projecting too though, I like him and want him to get as far away from her as possible.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The boys just weighed in on the poll. Enzo doesn't think they will make it two weeks, that Rachel is camera hungry.

Lane wants to give them the benefit of doubt, but Hayden sort of agrees with Enzo - not that Enzo wishes them to break up if they want to be together. yo.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4060910;
    I know we've only seen a brief glimpse of the jury house, but that was the feeling I got too.
    After she got all pissy with Ragan, it seemed to me that Brendon might have seen the light where she's concerned.
    I'm probably projecting too though, I like him and want him to get as far away from her as possible.
    Lets hope it is over. Or at least the beginning of the end for them.

Just from what little we've seen of the JH I think the feelings already seem like they have cooled. His reaction to her and Ragans arguement was different. He seemed more detached when it was going on. He didn't react or jump up to run to her defense this time. He sat there and didn't say a word when it was going on or even after she stomped out of the room he didn't start defending her to Ragan or start screaming that Ragan was being mean to her. He even was nodding his head while he was listening to them like he may have agreed with what Ragan was telling her.
    I know it was a just a small amount of footage but things have seemed different, even when she greeted him when she arrived she seemed cold and distant to him.

But with Rachel trying to get her 15 minutes of fame she may try to milk it a little longer to try to get more camera time from the showmance. Alot will depend on what she thinks she can gain by it.
    Last edited by sonii82; 09-15-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Not to be argumentative or anything, but immediate thought when reading the poll question was:

Who cares???

Sorry, Waywyrd.....honestly wasn't trying to be a butt. JMO.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast