+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does the (edited) show diverge from the (less edited) feeds this year?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

How does the (edited) show diverge from the (less edited) feeds this year?

Hi all--As a long time feed reader I know that eventually the show will diverge from what the feed watchers see (even if feed watchers can't see everything), to the point sometimes that it is like watching an entirely different show on CBS---and show only watchers are rooting for entirely different people than feed watchers/readers.
    So before we get too deep into the season thought I'd set up a thread to discuss the divergences---who's getting too good an edit, whose edit is too bad? What telling scenes got left off the show? What do we know about alliances and showmances that the TV only audience doesn't?
    Look forward to reading your opinions!
    PS And this might help us keep straight what we can NOT talk about over on the show threads!

FORT Fan

Re: How does the (edited) show diverge from the (less edited) feeds this year?

Great, great, GREAT idea!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 4thatchers;3997883;
    Great, great, GREAT idea!
    Thanks! I realized that complaining and snarking about the differences were among the things I like best about BB, so decided to make it easy to find those comments, rather than having them spread out over many threads!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, usually I feel the feeds are clearer about what is going on than the show, but last night I learned from Rachel's diary session that she completely made up that story about Kristin's vote herself to find out where K was coming from. So I guess a reminder that in a sense the feeds are also edited.

I think one big thing that the TV didn't show was the promise/alliance Hayden made with Rachel and Brandon when he was HOH.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, that alliance isn't looking so hot these days!

I found it very ironic that everyone thought that Rachel was faking being surprised by Andrew when she actually was surprised. Maybe if Brendan had let her in on things she would have done a better job actually "acting".

So far I don't see a big divergence in what is seen on the feeds vs. what is seen on the show....yes, less of the mean girls chat, but still some for example, less of Brenchel snogging, but still some, etc. It seems to me by this time some years there were contestants we totally hated and none of their horrid behaviors were being shown on TV.
    Mabye they've done a better than usual job of picking likeable contestants. Or at least equally hateable ones.

things you don't see on TV

*delete if needed but I'm wondering how soon Brendon and Rachel became intimate? I had just figured they were "making out" but now reading old live feeds I see they're actually sleeping together.

are contestants screened for disease?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

They were already an item on the first night of the feeds, after the show premiered, so we didn't actually see their first spark. As for how far they've gone, I would imagine it's been a big incentive for Rachel to win HoH twice already.

And yes, from all reports, the contestants are screened for all kinds of things before going in.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

I'm drawing a blank from the show - have they shown any of B/R's big arguments?
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes;4023710;
    I'm drawing a blank from the show - have they shown any of B/R's big arguments?
    Good Catch.
    I don't think the show has shown any of their multiple fights + arguments. Most of them have been small "spats", but the huge argument they had late Monday night was a big one. If the show doesn't show anything from that argument, then, the show is purposely not allowing the TV crowd to realize they are having quite a few disagreements. It seems they almost have a daily argument, although, most have been pretty small, except for the Monday night one. That one was huge and lasted over 30 minutes. I really thought that was going to be the end of their relationship, but Rachel loves to let Brendon beg her and crawl back to her. It is painful to watch + makes me feel sorry for Brendon. It almost seems like Brendon has never had a girlfriend before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast