+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does the (edited) show diverge from the (less edited) feeds this year?

Re: How does the (edited) show diverge from the (less edited) feeds this year?

That was going to be the one thing I notice a huge difference with also - Brendon's edit. And to a lesser extent Rachel's. Neither one is as obnoxious (IMO) on TV as they are in the feeds (Rachel's exit messages re "MY MAN" notwithstanding ) But on the feeds Brendan is whiny, clingy, and completely It is painful to watch, and I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for him, or to pray Rachel runs as fast as she can 'cause he just screams "stalker" (unless of course I'm reading things wrong and he's more of a danger to himself than Rachel. Either way ). Clearly BB realizes they're no Jeff and Jordan, but they're not showing how completely dysfunctional they really are either.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

they didn't show ANY of annie's crazy behaviors while she was on the block, probably because she was the sab, but still ... they should have shown it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker;4023927;
    Good Catch.
    I don't think the show has shown any of their multiple fights + arguments. Most of them have been small "spats", but the huge argument they had late Monday night was a big one. If the show doesn't show anything from that argument, then, the show is purposely not allowing the TV crowd to realize they are having quite a few disagreements. It seems they almost have a daily argument, although, most have been pretty small, except for the Monday night one. That one was huge and lasted over 30 minutes. I really thought that was going to be the end of their relationship, but Rachel loves to let Brendon beg her and crawl back to her. It is painful to watch + makes me feel sorry for Brendon. It almost seems like Brendon has never had a girlfriend before.
    I agree, which is hard to believe as he's both smart and goodlooking. As I've speculated elsewhere, maybe he's recently lost a lot of weight...or grown...or something that kept him out of the running in high school and college.... It's practically a first crush, or first sex, kind of obsession... but the man is what, 30? And they really are not, so far, showing that. And if we lose Kristen this week, and therefore the only other showmance option, I doubt they will show it as they won't want to discredit this "romance".

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One thing that I notice reading the TV show threads is that people call Ragan boring, while the live feeders think he is one of the more entertaining hamsters. They must not be showing the fun Ragan side that much on TV. I'm way behind watching the shows I've got taped at this point...somehow I've grown to prefer reading about them! Here at least.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I keep up with the live feed stuff as well as the shows since I'm recapping the episodes. I find that when I'm writing my recaps for the TV episode, I do describe Ragan as kind of boring and non-existent. They haven't shown a whole lot of funny stuff he's done on the feeds. I wish they would.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4028692;
    I keep up with the live feed stuff as well as the shows since I'm recapping the episodes. I find that when I'm writing my recaps for the TV episode, I do describe Ragan as kind of boring and non-existent. They haven't shown a whole lot of funny stuff he's done on the feeds. I wish they would.
    Maybe since he's the sab now he'll get a funnier edit, especially with prank-type tasks he has. I can see him playing it up to the camera when he does something.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

A lot of Ragan's humor is a bit off-color and will never make it to TV, so I hope he gets some good airtime with the sab stuff. He deserves it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

I'm hoping for a clip showing Ragan and Britney with their cell phone bit.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So now that the season is basically over, and since as was said by waywyrd we really have nothing else to talk about, thought I"d resurrect this thread.
    My conclusion is that there was much less distortion than there was in the nerd herd year for example. Yes, they watered down Enzo's cursing, and all the hands in the pants (that would have been a funny but not very PG clip bit! maybe with a variant of the "Pants on the ground" song...hands in the pants, hands in pants... ), and some of the backbiting gossip, but it seemed as though much of the flavor of the characters made it to the TV show...to me. But as I said above I missed a lot of the shows (and given how it is ending somehow I doubt I'll ever watch those tapes), so maybe I missed something.
    Anyone you think overall received a really too hostile/charitable edit?
    Last edited by PWS; 09-14-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Enzo, Lane, Brendon and Rachel got VERY generous edits, almost to the point of lying. I don't think show-only fans really know who Enzo and Lane are. They got to see how ditzy Rachel is, but I think the show glossed over how calculatedly she went after people.

Even though a lot of people thought Britney and Ragan were mean, I think they got fair edits of their overall personalities. And I'm fine with both of them.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12