+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: BB 12 Strategy Discussion Thread

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: BB 12 Strategy Discussion Thread

But see, by coming out of the woodwork and offering himself, I feel like he's putting a target on his back.

Nobody really bothered with him (that I noticed) and I thought he was in a pretty good position. Starting to act paranoid and offering himself as a pawn wasn't a great Mensa move to me.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3993871;
    But see, by coming out of the woodwork and offering himself, I feel like he's putting a target on his back.

Nobody really bothered with him (that I noticed) and I thought he was in a pretty good position. Starting to act paranoid and offering himself as a pawn wasn't a great Mensa move to me.
    I'm hoping we'll get to see the thought-process behind his decision on the show this week because, as of now, I just don't understand why he'd do it.

With the admittedly limited info I have at this time, it seems like a foolish move. It seems idiotic to me to offer yourself up as a pawn (Dustin agrees )
    and I agree with Ashley that, to me, it feels like he's making himself a target by drawing attention to himself.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

He did draw attention to himself. Right before he came in to talk to Brendon & Rachel they were saying how much they liked Matt. After he left....they were like, "what was up with that? Why is he so paranoid? Something is going on!" Stupid move. Fortunately I really think that Monet will go. Hopefully he will luck out. But it put him more on the radar and could've led to his eviction (still could).
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

So, Matt gets HOH. Might have been an interesting week if he a) wasn't part of the brigade and b) wasn't so damn inpressed with himself.

He'll either nominate Brendon and Rachel or have a worthless week and get rid of someone like Kathy.
    I was hoping a non-Brigade person would win and nominate Hayden and Kristin. I find their little romance equally as repulsive as Brendon and Rachel's but Brendon and Rachel are underdogs so I have to give them a little support.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Looks like Kathy and Andrew are nominated and both Brendon and Rachel get to play in the POV.

What's Matt's plan here? Is he really targetting Andrew? Does he really think Kathy poses much of a threat? Is he going to try to "backdoor" Brendon or Rachel (please let it be Rachel)?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

The "plan" is to backdoor Brendon. Not a very good plan imo, because as we speak both Brendon and Rachel are playing in the POV. If one wins, plan is demolished. If they do win, he still hasn't decided who he would prefer to leave, Andrew or Kathy.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

he's leaning towards wanting Kathy to leave. Andrew is the stronger competitor, but he knows that even though Kathy isn't likely to win competitions, she's always going to be a vote for Brendon and Rachel's side, and as he keeps saying, that's more dangerous than a good competitor. Plus, when he was talking to Hayden this morning, he pointed out that of the members of the Brigade, he (Matt) is really the only one on Andrew's radar. Andrew doesn't seem to be targeting the other 3. So Matt figures he could maybe make a deal with Andrew that if he makes sure Kathy goes home this week, that if Andrew is HOH next week he won't put Matt up.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

I hope I get to see his reasoning on the show because I'm not sure I get where he's going this week.
    Perhaps he's trying not to ruffle feathers by getting rid of someone who is pretty benign and not too closely alligned with anyone.
    I guess fom his point of view he gets to keep his word not to nominate Brendan and Rachel, doesn't alert anyone to the existence of the Brogade and can say he got rid of someonne who could have floated to the end and potenially won because she didn't annoy anyone if his hoh gets rid of Kathy.

I was hoping he'd do something a bit more ballsy though.
    Get rid of Kristen, for example.

ETA. Just saw your reply TIE.
    I guess I can see where he's coming from, but it's just kind of a dull move.
    I thought he might make a splash this week, even though it's early to make a power play.
    I'm not enjoying Rachel, but I'm pleased there is some sort of obvious opposition to the Brogade.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-24-2010 at 06:34 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes;4001998;
    he's leaning towards wanting Kathy to leave. Andrew is the stronger competitor, but he knows that even though Kathy isn't likely to win competitions, she's always going to be a vote for Brendon and Rachel's side, and as he keeps saying, that's more dangerous than a good competitor. Plus, when he was talking to Hayden this morning, he pointed out that of the members of the Brigade, he (Matt) is really the only one on Andrew's radar. Andrew doesn't seem to be targeting the other 3. So Matt figures he could maybe make a deal with Andrew that if he makes sure Kathy goes home this week, that if Andrew is HOH next week he won't put Matt up.
    This makes a lot of sense what you described. Thanks for sharing.

That's one thing I give Matt credit for. He is always trying to make some kind of move in the game. He's in an alliance, He volunteers to be a pawn, he wins HOH and tried a crazy strategy with the backdoor, and now he is already scheming regarding the voting. I do give him credit for trying to control his own demise, but I think he is trying a little too hard. It will probably come back and bite him in the butt. Sometimes, you just have to lay low and avoid being a target. He may have well came in the house with a neon target sign over his head >>>> "I am your target, but don't vote me out please"

Re: 7/26 Live Feed Discussion

It sounds like those 2 may have woken up today realizing there is a game to play.

I am still so mad that they are safe this week. Ugggghhh. Now, have to endure watching those 2 for another week. Uggghhh Can't hardly stand it anymore.

Is there any chance Brandon can be convinced to use the POV? Maybe the Brigade should get together and tell Brandon that if he uses it, they will backdoor Hayden or Lane, but really backdoor him. Something drastic like that is my only hope.

+ Reply to Thread