+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Britney - BB12 *Live Feed Spoilers*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Britney - BB12 *Live Feed Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12;4061167;
    So sad! Glad everyone is ok! I hope he was listening to her on the feeds when she told him to get renter's insurance.
    Well, if he didn't he's in BIG trouble now! Glad he and the dogs are OK, but what a bummer for her. Didn't win AND no home to come home to.... Sounds as if they are still together from his perspective....

Re: 9/15 Live Feed Discussion LAST DAY

Evidently there was a real FIRE that burned down Nick + Brittany's rental house in Arkansas that they share just last night. Thanks Andee for letting us know over in the Strategy thread + thanks Susan for letting us know in Brittany's thread. Everybody got out OK and the dogs too which is good. I put a post there, but wanted to put it here as well, since it may have impacts for tonight's show>>>

So far, it appears they will not tell Brittany till after the show tonight. Nick is supposed to fly there later today to make it there by the end of the show and hopefully will get to tell her himself. This is so sad.

If you google "brittany Big brother fire", the very first link at the top has a good summary. Here is what has been reported in that article so far regarding Nick calling the producers about the news >>>

"He told them what happened and they agreed they wouldn't say anything to Britney," Laura Grisham said. "She can't do anything. The final show is tonight and it's live. There's no sense in her knowing."
    Last edited by Sticker; 09-15-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Here is a news article from Little Rock that describes the blaze. I feel so bad and sad for Britney and Nick.

'Big Brother' contestant's Hillcrest home burns

LITTLE ROCK The Hillcrest home of a contestant on the CBS reality show "Big Brother" was heavily damaged in a fire early Wednesday, the same day she is to appear on the program's live finale.
    photo

"Big Brother" cast photo of Britney Haynes + Enlarge

Laura Grisham said her son, Nick Grisham, was awakened by the blaze at the home on the corner of Van Buren Street and Lee Avenue. Nick Grisham, who made it out without injury, is the fiance of Britney Haynes, the 23-year-old woman eliminated from winning the reality competition in last week's episode. She is slated to vote for the show's winner in tonight's finale.

Laura Grisham said the couple picked out the rental home and that her son in July helped move Haynes' belongings into the residence after she left to appear on "Big Brother," where she is sequestered from the outside world.

Nick Grisham called the producers to let them know about the fire, Laura Grisham said.

"He told them what happened and they agreed they wouldn't say anything to Britney," Laura Grisham said. "She can't do anything. The final show is tonight and it's live. There's no sense in her knowing."

Nick Grisham went back inside to rescue the couple's two dogs and family members have been able to salvage some possessions, Laura Grisham said. She said her son will fly to Los Angeles later Wednesday to meet Haynes after the show.

He's concerned about how Haynes will react to the news, Laura Grisham said.

"He hasn't seen her in three months and he's afraid she's going to be mad," Laura Grisham said. "I said 'you don't understand son, you are lucky to be alive, especially after going back in two more times to get the dogs out.'"

The blaze was started by a small grill in the backyard that ignited the grass, spreading to a trash can and then the house, investigators said. Laura Grisham said her son was grilling and that the fire started despite his dousing the coals in water.

The house was fully involved when crews arrived about 1:30 a.m., said Little Rock Fire Department Capt. Randy Hickmon. It took about an hour-and-a-half to get the fire under control.

The single-story, blue structure is still standing with a large burned area at its rear, where the windows are boarded up and a tarp covers part of the roof and an adjacent wall. Burn and heat marks are visible on other parts of the structure.

Preliminary total damage is estimated at $50,000.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4061275;
    Here is a news article from Little Rock that describes the blaze. I feel so bad and sad for Britney and Nick.
    Me too. I am so sad for both of them and their families. I am just so glad everyone got out OK and the dogs are safe. The news will definitely put a damper on things for Brittany, Nick, and their families. It will be hard for them to enjoy tonight at all. I think this news will probably also affect all the other HG's as well. It may put quite a damper on things, so it probably is best that they do not let anyone know about it for as long as they can.

So sad, just glad everyone is OK which is definitely the main thing. It's probably hard for them to realize it, but everyone's safety is the most important, as material things can always be replaced.

I certainly hope BB doesnt use this for "ratings" and film her reaction. This is something that is devastating... this should be told to her in private with just her fiance and her family. No cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4061275;
    ....The blaze was started by a small grill in the backyard that ignited the grass, spreading to a trash can and then the house, investigators said. Laura Grisham said her son was grilling and that the fire started despite his dousing the coals in water....
    It does appear to be an accident. I was first wondering if maybe some crazy person purposely set the house on fire, but this does sound like an accident. It sounds like Nick was using real charcoal, and if he didn't put enough water on the hot coals, they could have easily kept burning again and getting red hot and then igniting the grass on fire around the grill, which then spread to the rest of the house. I have seen charcoal do this. You have to really put tons of water on them repeatedly to really make sure they are out. You should always go back and check them later to see if they are cold to the touch to be sure they go out. Charcoal is really hard to put out when they are all glowing hot.

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal;4061283;
    I certainly hope BB doesnt use this for "ratings" and film her reaction. This is something that is devastating... this should be told to her in private with just her fiance and her family. No cameras.
    I agree!
    This fire sounds fishy though, unless he was grilling on a hibachi close to the ground or how tall was the grass? I know the charcoal can stay hot, but???? I'm not saying he started it or anything, but it just seems strange.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I really hope he did get the renters' insurance or all the money she won in the scavenger hunt will go to replace stuff. Hope the landlord's insurance company doesn't come after Nick....

Maybe CBS will give her some extra cash to help cope with this? I mean, Mark Burnette did to Denise from Survivor China after she said she lost her job because of the show.

Here is the photograph from the newspaper. It looks like it was taken from the back yard.

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast