Closed Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Real/Superpass.com - Subscribing, Canceling, Shows & Troubleshooting

Re: Live feed subscribing & canceling - discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;4059163;
    you can cancel online, therefore avoid all the talking they do to try and get you to stay with them. Just go to Real player, click on my account(my info), change info in location/lang. preferences, not billing address. Here are the changes you need to make...Lang.- English-Canada, Zip 243-8511, Country- Japan. Then go to billing history, cancel feeds. Just remember next year, if you sign up again, to go back and put the correct info in before you sign up. I've used this the last several years, works like a dream.
    This is what I do, too. I've used it for the last few years and I've never had a problem.

FORT Fogey

I just canceled by phone and it wasn't bad. A five minute wait while I got transferred (to India, I think.) He made several pitches but pretty quickly got the idea I was done. He told me I'd get a cancellation confirmation by email and I insisted he read the number to me on the phone in case the email didn't arrive. He did.

All in all, I think it was worth the $29.00 for the three months of feeds. I usually watched BBAD but liked having them available.

Hey BB Fans...was trying to redeem my music credit for the month but when I go there, the box where the coupon code is supposed to be in is blank and empty. Anyone else having this problem and if so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

^ I just had the same thing happen when I went to redeem my free music before cancelling. Hmph.

In better news, I called to cancel my SuperPass just now, got right through to an operator, and after stating up front that I wanted to cancel and wasn't interested in any extended offers, she laughed and processed the cancellation right away. Maybe they're starting to get the message...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Re: Real-Superpass live feed subscribing & canceling - discussion

Good. I'll give a try today. Three times yesterday I had a fifteen minute wait ahead of me and with a cell phone, not good.

ETA: Today was a good day - I got right through, though I did have to remain firm on no offers. My service - probably like most for the three months - will end on 9/25.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-17-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Real-Superpass live feed subscribing & canceling - discussion

I've never had a problem. This season, I only signed up when Rachel/Jordan were in the F5...and I got 3 free days trial subscription. After 2 days, when Jordan was out and I knew watching several days of Rachel/Adam/Porsche would be less entertaining than watching paint dry, I called to cancel.

The lady was very gracious and offered to extend my free trial subscription to October 4. I thought about it and said, "why not?" She sent me an email, and I used it to cancel anyway before the finale...I still have access until October 4, but I see no reason to use it.

Overall, however, the service was great.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
    Hey BB Fans...was trying to redeem my music credit for the month but when I go there, the box where the coupon code is supposed to be in is blank and empty. Anyone else having this problem and if so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    This might be too late for most of you, but I had the same problem. I did a live chat with someone at Real and he extended my subscription for a month so that I could get the free music code during the next month. This is a known problem that they had, so it shouldn't be a problem for any of you to get a month extension and one more music credit. I did get a follow-up email saying a bill would be due on Sep 28 which I replied to that the extra month was supposed to be free and got an apology and reassurance that the month was not going to be billed to me. I like getting this in email as it is a good record of the conversation in the event that there is an issue down the line. And I got them to make sure they cancel the following month. I hate contacting them by phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    This might be too late for most of you, but I had the same problem. I did a live chat with someone at Real and he extended my subscription for a month so that I could get the free music code during the next month. This is a known problem that they had, so it shouldn't be a problem for any of you to get a month extension and one more music credit. I did get a follow-up email saying a bill would be due on Sep 28 which I replied to that the extra month was supposed to be free and got an apology and reassurance that the month was not going to be billed to me. I like getting this in email as it is a good record of the conversation in the event that there is an issue down the line. And I got them to make sure they cancel the following month. I hate contacting them by phone.
    Me, too. My voice is old, strained and difficult to understand at times. I so prefer using the computer.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Me, too. My voice is old, strained and difficult to understand at times. I so prefer using the computer.
    I have also used the link on their contact page for hearing impaired, which is an email address. I dislike that they will try and talk you into keeping your subscription and that they ask why you don't want to continue the subscription. Email should be a normal option to quit the feeds.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover View Post
    you can cancel online, therefore avoid all the talking they do to try and get you to stay with them. Just go to Real player, click on my account(my info), change info in location/lang. preferences, not billing address. Here are the changes you need to make...Lang.- English-Canada, Zip 243-8511, Country- Japan. Then go to billing history, cancel feeds. Just remember next year, if you sign up again, to go back and put the correct info in before you sign up. I've used this the last several years, works like a dream.
    Thanks, worked like a charm and took under 60 seconds.

Closed Thread