+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Big Brother" Competitor's Possible N-Word Use Sparks Criticism

Re: "Big Brother" Competitor's Possible N-Word Use Sparks Criticism

Great question, MF. Plus, the minute the feeds and Showtime become non-live and censored you're going to have an equally ferocious group of protestors. That's one of the reasons why people choose to get them, I would think.

So it's a matter of picking your battle. If you want censored content.. watch CBS. If you want the live and unbleeped reality of *reality tv*, then pay for the feeds or Showtime. It's no shock that people are going to be completely and utterly real and are not going to suit everyone's tastes.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie

It seems quite fitting that James would use the n word so casually. I heard it and then rewound to make sure. He used it after Parker left. It is a word that brings back ugly memories from my childhood. It is a foul, hate based word. Maybe tv shows and music videos make it seem like a term of endearment but in real life it's an ugly racist word. This group has used every foul ugly word in the book. They just hate everyone. Early on Chelsia said she liked guys with shaved heads. I suspected that she might have meant shaved heads and swastika tatoos.
    Theyhave used the c-word, the b-word and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2830607;
    don't get me wrong ... i agree 100% that it was offensive (and i watched the video on youtube where he said it). but again, these are real people ... if i didn't want to watch real people being REAL, i'd watch a scripted movie or tv show. it's as simple as that. i don't have to agree with what spews out of their mouth.

yes, words hurt! and they leave lasting impact. this is something i know VERY well from my own childhood issues. but as i've gotten older, i've learned that the moment i choose to tell someone they cannot say something, i give them permission to tell me what i can and cannot say. i may not agree with what someone is saying or how they're saying it, but that is their RIGHT, no matter how disgusting and vile i think that person is.

i like watching the live feeds because i get to see the REAL person, not the edited version they portray on the tv show (e.g. matt and natalie???). it's not cbs's fault someone utters an offensive term.

some people are probably equally offended by my user name ... especially other gay women, but for me, i take ownership of the word and by doing that, i take the sting out of it for me. i refuse to let someone else make ME feel inferior without my permission, thank you very much.
    My point was that even though I was offended, we have the freedom of speech and I don't want to lose that. And I don't want edited live feeds.

If CBS didn't give Amber the boot last year, they won't do anything about hate speech. What she said was deliberate hate speech - she was "explaining" to Jameka what her mother taught her about Jewish people. It was utterly vile. CBS did nothing! Although they did cancel interviews when it was her turn to come out of the house - gee, I wonder why.

I don't condone the use of the n-word even the way they are using it, but I agree that it comes down to unfiltered content on the live feeds versus the edited show. If you sign up for the feeds, you're signing up for a lot of filthy talk. There hasn't been a cast since I started feed-watching that wasn't foul-mouthed and most of them are pretty despicable in other ways. But hey, that's the feeds.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Do I think that CBS should censor the feed? Of course not. Apologize for what's heard on the feeds? Nope. Edit all content from the cbs show and that's it. However, I do think that people should call people on their bull$%!t when they make these sorts of comments. Some words need to be challenged, some ways of thinking need to be challenged, and noone should receive a pass. The public pays to hear what this group of idiots has to say, and if the public wants to respond that's fine, they just really shouldn't expect CBS to step in.

I do, however, feel that CBS made a huge mistake airing that comment of Adam's. CBS has to be careful not to be offensive especially in a prime time slot. If you want the real then you better get the feed, get Showtime, read it online. I don't want to hear that when I tune into primetime network TV. They would never dare to air the racially charged language these days, they need to be mindful of all harmful speech.

i heard Matt say it at least 2wice... actually i heard it last nite on BBAD too

1 time he was talking to Shiela and prefaced hisself saying it... (Hint: if you have to preface saying the word instead of it coming out naturally. then you probably shouldn't be saying it

but why does it matter...this is on SHO/live feeds, if you are watching Weeds or another show you will hear it constantly

who cares

these are only words and people speak this way in there homes in private everyday

who cares, they all making themselves look MORE ignorant... why people are outraged and offended is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2836665;
    i heard Matt say it at least 2wice... actually i heard it last nite on BBAD too

1 time he was talking to Shiela and prefaced hisself saying it... (Hint: if you have to preface saying the word instead of it coming out naturally. then you probably shouldn't be saying it

but why does it matter...this is on SHO/live feeds, if you are watching Weeds or another show you will hear it constantly

who cares

these are only words and people speak this way in there homes in private everyday

who cares, they all making themselves look MORE ignorant... why people are outraged and offended is beyond me.

I heard him say it last night also on BBAD, but he was singing/rapping. I believe that he had been listening to CD's that Ryan received for HOH, and I am positive that he was listening to a rap album and was just rapping out loud. I'm not outraged or mad about it because he isn't using it in a way is derogitory.
    Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Yean Ryan got a Bone Thugs n Harmony CD....ya know...the supposed racist. It's definitely hard to sing along to rap without saying it.

There was video of Matt saying it earlier this week on Perez Hilton or TMZ, one of those rags. It was not in the context of a rap lyric. He was using it as if he were a black man trying to talk "street" about facing his opponents in the game.

Of course, there's one little problem with doing that if you're Matt...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Nik

Jen's probably watching at home right now going, "Oh god. It's gotta be Ryan."

Assuming she can peek out from under Parker long enough to hear this story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12