+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: James -BB9 (Live Feeds)

Re: James -BB9 (Live Feeds)

He IS a young person, I wouldn't say a bum... but a young person who is bicycling / "backpacking around the world". I've known several people who got to spend their youth in Europe and Asia, even one who went to Australia for a year. Its all part of being young... but all of them had parents to foot their bill.. James doesn't have that.. so in order to still do this, instead of being a downright BUM, he offers something else, services.. help.. helping others to help him. I think its a huge step up from being a bum.
    I fell off my pink cloud with a thud. ~ Elizabeth Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by boogaboo;2903750;
    From what I read he was aware that people thought that the donation was for breast cancer and still took it without explaining that it wasn't.
    don't read it, hear it.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I did hear it

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPink;2903757;
    He IS a young person, I wouldn't say a bum... but a young person who is bicycling / "backpacking around the world". I've known several people who got to spend their youth in Europe and Asia, even one who went to Australia for a year. Its all part of being young... but all of them had parents to foot their bill.. James doesn't have that.. so in order to still do this, instead of being a downright BUM, he offers something else, services.. help.. helping others to help him. I think its a huge step up from being a bum.
    That is what I have yet to understand. I have watched his videos, I don't get how what he is doing is promoting anything at all. It seems more to me like he is out to find himself, doesn't have the money to do it, doesn't have the patience to get a job and earn the money to do it, so he came up with a gimmick... a fake charity... and is using that as his crutch to do something he otherwise enjoys but can't afford.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;2903776;
    I did hear it
    Thanks Juls! I was pretty dang sure I had too, but I don't feel like wading back through links and links of feeds on you tube to find it, but it is good to know someone else remembers hearing it come from his mouth too!

my ears must be full of wax then

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;2903776;
    I did hear it
    Thank you Juls. I know I read it on here somewhere after it was said. Just because I didn't hear it doesn't make it any less true.

I'm starting to rethink my statement about appreciating the passionate defense of ones favorite.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

i never heard it and i spent a lot of time going through the feed transcripts and you tube vids.- doesn't mean it's not true. if you heard it, do you have the you tube vid?

either way - no one is taking into account the smack guys talk about with each other. my gut feeling is this was just grandizing.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Search youtube "BB9 James takes free stuff Josh: Rock On Breast Cancer boy"

Convo doesn't really start until 1:40ish in

Edit: Iguana...it wasn't hard to find. I just put in BB9 James Cancer

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

my connection isn't good enough at the moment for my cc to work, but i'll concede.

however, i still stand by my statement he was talking smack and showing off for the others.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

+ Reply to Thread