+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Adam - BB9 (Live Feeds)

Re: Adam - BB9 (Live Feeds)

Quote Originally Posted by andee;2951501;
    Dawne, thank you!

I say I hope Adam wins the big money. He has the best heart. You go, boy!!!!
    You're welcome Andee!

I'm so glad Adam won - and I was impressed - that on the air - he gave 1/5 of the money (20%) or 100,000 thousand to the Autism foundation. That is fantastic!

And Ryan only said he would give to charity - phbbt! That could be $ 1.00!

Congrats Adam on the big win!

Well, not to burst anyone's bubble, but:

- After taxes he'll only have about $300,000, something he probably hadn't yet considered.
    - He still didn't know about the furor he caused with his "r-word" remark about autistic children back in Feb.
    - He also didn't know that the foundation he worked for has fired him.

I'm sure he'll make some charitable gesture in the end, but I doubt it will be as cut & dry as his original claim.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Adam is going to be just fine.....so will the autistic kids who get to benefit from his generosity. I say....karma is a b*tch for the foundation that fired him!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;2954509;
    Adam is going to be just fine.....so will the autistic kids who get to benefit from his generosity. I say....karma is a b*tch for the foundation that fired him!
    They had let him go previously, he was not an employee as he said he was. At the time of the show he had been an occasional volunteer. The organization made a public statement severing their relationship with Adam.

In the social services area I can think of absolutely no agency that would hire or rehire anyone who has behaved as he has. Adam's lack of social skills is seriously deficient. In the case of an organization their credibility in the community would be seriously damaged. Would you let him work one on one with your child? He has by his public behavior made it clear that he is incompetent to work with any deisabled person.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;2954509;
    aside from the fact that he was already let go from his job there, it was unconscionable that he used that term and tried to justify it by saying he worked with them etc.

even if he had made the donation before he made those comments, any self respecting foundation would have given the money back after hearing them. charitable foundations have worked too hard to raise public awareness to risk going backwards by allowing that kind of speech.

karma is not a b*tch for the foundation, but it will be for Adam.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I disagree. Adam is going to do well. And there will be another foundation happy to take his money.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2953712;
    Well, not to burst anyone's bubble, but:

- After taxes he'll only have about $300,000, something he probably hadn't yet considered.
    - He still didn't know about the furor he caused with his "r-word" remark about autistic children back in Feb.
    - He also didn't know that the foundation he worked for has fired him.

I'm sure he'll make some charitable gesture in the end, but I doubt it will be as cut & dry as his original claim.
    I was trained as an accountant - before I had to quit working due to my health.

Depending on how he sets it up - he could donate the money before he receives his and that way - his taxable amount would be based on 400 thousand instead of 500 thousand.

It all depends on how it is structured.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;2955919;
    I disagree. Adam is going to do well. And there will be another foundation happy to take his money.
    I still think the Autism foundation will take the money. They would be stupid to turn down 100 thousand dollars. And they don't need to make it public that they got the money. It could be from an anonymous donor.

And I feel Adam is going to do well also!

I don't think at this point the question is whether the money will go to the autism foundation that Adam used to work for. Even if he ends up on okay terms with the people there, they are probably going to be under investigation for their own dealings.

Maybe Adam will start his own foundation, or find another to donate to (if he's smart). But I refuse to tie a big bow around his win and think that he will live happily ever after. I watched the feeds since February, and I saw who I saw. Hopefully any 'recreational' activities he plans will stay one step ahead of law enforcement.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

If Adam is getting $500,00 gross, then his donation to the autistic foundation will be $100,000 gross - which means after taxes, the autistic foundation will get about $60,000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345