+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 9/11 Screencaps

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: 9/11 Screencaps

Dani giving Dick a hug and telling him good job:

Dani made them both grilled cheese sandwiches and soup......Zach eating in the living room and Dick at the table........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aero;2569258;
    Darnit Dick I couldn't be more proud if that was my own Dad. YOU ARE A WARRIOR!!!
    he certainly held out longer than anyone thought he would, at his age and physical condition. i'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2569274;
    he certainly held out longer than anyone thought he would, at his age and physical condition. i'm impressed.
    Does he haave a physical condition other than being a smoker? Because 44 isn't old and he looks to be in pretty decent shape. Reading some of the age comments I would think he was 80.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2569597;
    Does he haave a physical condition other than being a smoker? Because 44 isn't old and he looks to be in pretty decent shape. Reading some of the age comments I would think he was 80.
    i have to agree - much ado being made about dick's age. 44 is not over the hill! i'm 42 and i certainly don't feel over the hill. granted, there is no way i could have lasted 7 hours on a stump in the rain, but that is due to a neurological disease, not my age. i couldn't have lasted that amount of time at 30 or even 25!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

At 44 I had more stamina than the twenty somethings I regularly played tennis with... (I just didn't recover as quickly...)

But standing on a stump in the rain? Not on your life at any age... For any amount of money....
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2569643;
    At 44 I had more stamina than the twenty somethings I regularly played tennis with... (I just didn't recover as quickly...)

But standing on a stump in the rain? Not on your life at any age... For any amount of money....
    I'm glad some others agree with me. My hubby is 43 and training for a marathon. His 44-year-old friend is a triathalete and is training for a marathon and a half-Ironman. Heck, I'm 41 and in better shape than when I was 20 and can smoke the cocky youngsters in sprints (as long as they are not on the track team).

The fact that the three of them did it for so long shows real determination. And you can have that at any age.

Would I do it? Well, I live in WA, so I am used to standing in the rain ....

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2569597;
    Being a smoker your whole life really dampens the whole 'not that old' thing. My mom smoked her whole life (she quit a year ago at age 64 because of health problems) but she had emphazema by 45. Plus, Dick has admitted he doesn't work out and he does have that bum shoulder. Now, while he is nowhere near his death bed, that was still a huge challenge for him. I'm proud that he held on that long. AND he did it without any cigarettes! Holding your arm up in the air for that long.....that's probably the worst part.

Anyway, although I'm a Dick fan...I have to say Congrats to Zach. This was one challenge I wouldn't want to have to do.

thanks for the pics. it's nice to see the bond between dani and dick now. i would not have lasted more than 30 mins if that! wow.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yes, i was referencing dick's smoking habits ... i'm 44 also, so i wasn't trying to sound like he was old.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456