+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy - Week 10

Re: Strategy - Week 10

Quote Originally Posted by veeru;2561646;
    I have this to say to people who are saying Jameka has no strategy and has made no moves --

1. She did make moves. She took Jen off the block, and she also took a huge risk when she gave up 5 HoHs.

2. Taking actions to be perceived as honest, loyal, trustworthy, a person of your word, is itself a strategy. This is especially clear when one sees that it didn't work for Mike -- there is an art to doing it, not in a blind stupid way, rather in a way that actually does earn people's trust and gets them to keep you around.
    I agree. She may not have won much, but how can she when she can't even play in the HOHs? Her strategy was making solid friendships and bonds with people, especially those in sequester. Alot of this game involves luck, and even people may perceive the 5 HOHs as a bad move on her part, she was lucky she did it and it took her to the F4. She hasn't been my favorite all season, but there is no one left in the house I like. I vote for Jameka to take it.

FORT Fan

I might be mistaken, but I don't think if Dick wins he is legally allowed to give any of his winnings to Daniele. Does anyone know the rules on this?

Yes, they can not share their winnings with anyone else.

I know Eric has to vote America's way, that's why I said he'd vote for Dick. The only Zach will get the votes is if the show was done likes yesterdays'.
    Will talking about James "Looks to me like Janelle WHOPPED HIS ASS!"

Quote Originally Posted by dancemom5ab;2561673;
    I might be mistaken, but I don't think if Dick wins he is legally allowed to give any of his winnings to Daniele. Does anyone know the rules on this?

Yes, they can not share their winnings with anyone else.
    But there are so many ways around that. I'm sure BB isn't going to be looking over their shoulder the rest of their lives to see what is being done with the money.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2561570;
    Personally, I think Dick and Daniele had the biggest odds against them advancing in the game and they overcame big time.
    Not to completely take credit from D/D, but they would have been gone long ago if America hadn't started playing the game for them through Eric. What a HUGE advantage they had in this game as a result! No one in the past has had this advantage and so I think we should be careful not to give them too much credit for their game played.

Exactly!

Most like Joe wouldn't have beaten Dick, but by the time he was against Dustin, there was no way he would've won if it weren't for AmERICa campaigning to oust Dustin. (Zach would've voted for Dustin's eviction still, I think)

Quote Originally Posted by veeru;2561646;
    I have this to say to people who are saying Jameka has no strategy and has made no moves --

1. She did make moves. She took Jen off the block, and she also took a huge risk when she gave up 5 HoHs.

2. Taking actions to be perceived as honest, loyal, trustworthy, a person of your word, is itself a strategy. This is especially clear when one sees that it didn't work for Mike -- there is an art to doing it, not in a blind stupid way, rather in a way that actually does earn people's trust and gets them to keep you around.

I'm glad to see that Zach is going to try to keep Jameka around this week. That means it's 50-50 whether she'll stay or go. She'll stay if Zach or Jameka wins POV, and not if Dick or Daniele win it.

I am, however, very UNhappy that as of now it looks like Daniele would go if Jameka doesn't. So I'm torn. Hopefully Daniele can appeal to Jameka as one of the "good people" that Dick should go before Daniele.

As for the argument that voting should be based on who played the game the best, and therefore Dick should win -- if you backstab someone and they hold it against you on the jury, that's totally fair. That would be a major reason why many of the jurors would vote against Dick. I don't think that's voting based on personal reasons, that's voting based on gameplay.

There's also no rule I'm aware of where you aren't allowed to vote for who you want to see win, vs. who has played the best, anyway. If I were on that jury, certainly no way would I vote for Dick.

Also, Dick has not played the game the best anyway, America's voting has just dragged him along to the end.
    Veeru, we must agree to disagree. Jameka's move to take Jen off the block was by no means strategic...she did it because "God sent a sign" and she later regretted having to keep her word. Her HOH deal was pure luck. This was a play that turned out to be a good one, but not by design. And it was also another move that she regretted making after having done so. Now if she had realized that she was actually making herself less of a threat and it could turn out to be a smart move, I'd give her credit. As far as making yourself likeable and trustworthy, yes, that works as part of a strategy...but only if you have some other game to back it up. The only reason she stayed as long as she did was not because she was liked, but because she was not perceived as a threat, due to her lucking into the HOH situation. And yes, luck plays a part in every game, but in game designed like BB, it shouldn't be the major factor IMO. Jameka is there solely because of other people and outside factors, not by anything she did. Now, If she wins a POV or HOH, we'll talk again

As for Dick, I'm not saying he played the best game. But he has won two HOH's and at least one veto I think, so he's done well. I simply think he, Zach, Dani, and yes, Eric, played better than Jameka. But she is still there, so I'll give her that.

And certainly every person on the jury should vote for whomever they want to see win. I would just hope that some bit of who played well, not just who the "good" person is would factor into the vote. Now if the "good person" is also someone who played the game, I'm all for it!

I thought Eric, like him or not, had the hardest time. As he mentioned last night, he would have had his own strategy than what American wanted, but played for America. In some ways, I feel bad for him from a game play perspective as he had waited so long to have the opportunity to play, and when he does, he has no real control over it. Yes, he did earn the $$ and got something for it, but if you audition to play this game and find out you have to do it another way and not by your own choices, I think that takes away from the experience. In that respect, I did feel bad and understood his pressure which he mentioned last night with Julie. Given that, I think there should be some kind of kudos to him for being able to try to manipulate the game within the confines of what American wanted.
    I love TAR!

I have to concede it -- good points, Katydyd!

Now is the time for Jameka to step it up and win these final competitions.
    I can't wait for POV ...

Quote Originally Posted by veeru;2561729;
    I have to concede it -- good points, Katydyd!

Now is the time for Jameka to step it up and win these final competitions.
    I can't wait for POV ...
    Thanks Veeru! Let the games begin....

+ Reply to Thread