+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy - Week 10

bha

Re: Strategy - Week 10

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2561407;
    I just read on Jokers that Zach told Jameka he would not be nominating her. He said he at least wants to win the runner-up prize; something about people who will appreciate it or something. We'll see how this actually plays out though..
    Zach did tell Jameka this while sitting on the couch last night during BBAD.
    I was surprised to hear him say this. I thought he hated her. It made me think, did he have a GAME plan all this time, I thought he was floating.
    The Best Things in Life are Free.

bha

I read Zach's blog over on the cbs site, interesting, he is planning of winning this. Read it if you get a chance.
    The Best Things in Life are Free.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2561575;
    This is the week where winning the veto gives a person more power in the house than is available at any time. This week, HOH does not matter nearly as much as winning POV. POV essentially get to choose the nominees and on his/her own decide who is evicted.

If Zach's desire is to get rid of either Dick or Daniele, I think he'd be smart to nominate Dick and Jameka initially. Jameka plays harder for the veto when her neck is on the line. Zach's actions could lull Daniele into a feeling of security, so she MIGHT not play as hard for it as she would if she were on the block. Zach's nominations don't matter that much as far as who is evicted will go. But they do matter from the standpoint of motivation for the veto.

Good point, Veruka ... but last night Zach guaranteed Jameka that her key would be in the box. I'm pretty sure that they ALL are strongly motivated to win that POV. Zach played dumb last night about how that POV works ( Dani and Jameka explained it to him) ... but then he privately urged Jameka to fight for the POV.

He and Jameka really cleared the air between them last night. Jameka blamed her seeming dislike of Zach on Eric telling her that Zach "hated" her. So ... I haven't decided if Zach was kind to her for the sake of her possible jury vote or if he was really sincere, as alcohol, and the letter from home appeared to make him rather melancholy.

Further ... Zach spent NO quality time with Dick or Dani last night, and Dick's "fishing" conversation with him regarding having to evict Jameka was short and a tad nervous. Maybe Dick realized Zach was a little impaired and is saving the campaign conversation for a more lucid interlude.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DCDiva;2561551;
    Whether they are "evil" has nothing to do with whether someone should win this game. It should be based on who played the game the best and out of whose left, Dick played the best game. He made moves and he pulled off some important wins when it counted. He even got himself off the block when it was pretty much a 98% chance he was going home (granted he had help from America but still, he did put his plan in motion). Zach and Dani have the second spot in my mind. Dani made some serious moves and decisions in the game even if the other HGs think they were Dick's ideas. They weren't, she came up with alot of them on her own and put them into motion. Zach, although he waited until the last 3 weeks of the game to make his moves, planned his attack and it has worked out pretty well for him. If he were in the final two against either D/D I would vote for him to come in second.

Now as far as Jameka Christ Superstar goes, she has done NOTHING in this game. She has made some really bad decisions and only by the luck of her giving up 5 HOHs is she even still in the house. She doesn't deserve final four let alone final two. As much as I dislike ErICK he deserved final four. He played the best game he could and really if he had followed our instructions from the beginning, would probably still be there.

I don't think D/D feel they have the game on lock because Zach is in power. There is nothing keeping them 100% safe except the two of them. Everything hinges on the POV. Then we can pretty much narrow down who are final three are going to be.
    I could not agree anymore with anything you said. This is a game. And it has always been one of the more "nasty" games of the reality shows. Seriously, sometimes I feel like showering after I've seen how these people play...and not just this season! But, just like everyone else here, I keep tuning in to my summertime addiction. I'm just as much to blame because I'm giving my tacit agreement to the behavior by tuning in 3x a week. That said, the winner should be chosen by who played the best game, not who was most honorable, or played the cleanest game. If you look at some of the "likeable" (IMO) winners on Survivor...Ethan, Earl, Sandra for example...they played with integrity, but they also played strategically and were good competitors. My problem with Jameka, is not only did she not play a strategic or strong game, but she played with the attitude that she should win because she was a better person and therefor was deserving of winning. Is she a better person? Who knows. I don't know any of these people outside this house. But I'm darn sure that if I were stuck in there, with cameras on me 24/7, I'd probably come off looking like a b*** sometimes (maybe alot ). But you know what? I'm actually a good person, no better or worse than most people out there in the big wide world. That said, I too agree that although I didn't care for Eric, he far more deserved F4 than Jameka. IMO, Zach, Dani and Dick all also deserve to be there for exactly the reasons stated so well by DCDiva: they played strategically, and won comps when they needed too. And that, my friends, is what winning this or any game should be all about

FORT Fan

No matter who Zach nominates, if D/D want to stay a pair, one of them HAS to win the POV. That insures a final 3, possible final 2. And knowing how well Dani is in the POV, she just might win it and evict Jamika. The F4 is not about who has HOH, but who wins POV.

Does anyone remember the new schedule of events? I knwo that Julie rattled it off last night, but I do not remember.

Thanks!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2561617;
    Does anyone remember the new schedule of events? I knwo that Julie rattled it off last night, but I do not remember.

Thanks!
    Sunday: HOH comp and Nominations

Tuesday: POV comp and ceremony AND eviction

Thursday: HOH and eviction....I think...cause she said something about knowing our final two at that point. I don't really know though, so don't quote me on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTeam;2561624;
    Sunday: HOH comp and Nominations

Tuesday: POV comp and ceremony AND eviction

Thursday: HOH and eviction....I think...cause she said something about knowing our final two at that point. I don't really know though, so don't quote me on it.
    Thanks! I am impressed.

Does anyone know when they will film the Veto Comp?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dancemom5ab;2561616;
    No matter who Zach nominates, if D/D want to stay a pair, one of them HAS to win the POV. That insures a final 3, possible final 2. And knowing how well Dani is in the POV, she just might win it and evict Jamika. The F4 is not about who has HOH, but who wins POV.
    If Daniele is smart, she will evict her father. If they are the final 2, he will win hands down. And if they are in the F2, he should know that his win will put a rift between those two that no amount of time will heal. She will hold that against him forever - one can only revel in that for so long before they realize...HA HA HA. Everyone in the jury house will see Dick as the real player in the game. I also think the only person that she has a remote chance of beating for the win is Jameka. Dick will be in the jury house and can explain to the others exactly what decisions were hers and how she used the resources (dick) that were at her disposal to actually advance her to the win. Anyone else that she is against will win hands down. Daniele is my least favorite in the house because she is smug about beating people out and gives them the "it was the best strategic move", but when the ball is in the other persons court she is a petite BRAT.

I might be mistaken, but I don't think if Dick wins he is legally allowed to give any of his winnings to Daniele. Does anyone know the rules on this?

I have this to say to people who are saying Jameka has no strategy and has made no moves --

1. She did make moves. She took Jen off the block, and she also took a huge risk when she gave up 5 HoHs.

2. Taking actions to be perceived as honest, loyal, trustworthy, a person of your word, is itself a strategy. This is especially clear when one sees that it didn't work for Mike -- there is an art to doing it, not in a blind stupid way, rather in a way that actually does earn people's trust and gets them to keep you around.

I'm glad to see that Zach is going to try to keep Jameka around this week. That means it's 50-50 whether she'll stay or go. She'll stay if Zach or Jameka wins POV, and not if Dick or Daniele win it.

I am, however, very UNhappy that as of now it looks like Daniele would go if Jameka doesn't. So I'm torn. Hopefully Daniele can appeal to Jameka as one of the "good people" that Dick should go before Daniele.

As for the argument that voting should be based on who played the game the best, and therefore Dick should win -- if you backstab someone and they hold it against you on the jury, that's totally fair. That would be a major reason why a few of the jurors would vote against Dick. I don't think that's voting based on personal reasons, that's voting based on gameplay.

There's also no rule I'm aware of where you aren't allowed to vote for who you want to see win, vs. who has played the best, anyway. If I were on that jury, certainly no way would I vote for Dick.

Also, Dick has not played the game the best anyway, America's voting has just dragged him along to the end.
    Last edited by veeru; 09-07-2007 at 04:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread