+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy - Week 10

FORT Newbie

Re: Strategy - Week 10

I've watched BB for the 8 seasons, and I've never missed one episode. This is the first time that I felt the game is just DIRTY! To watch Danielle look Eric in the eye and tell him to quit tripping because Jessica was safe was just a bit more than I could handle.

Like it or not, Zach has endured all alone. He was in the Mrs. Robinson Alliance from day 1, but is the only one still there. He was hated by some, ignored by others, and used by the rest. Yet, he has still endured. I too ignored him, but have been made to sit up and take notice.

I'm so sick and tired of D&D's superior attitudes. I've hated ED's abusive (lack of) game play since day 1. I've hated Danielle's whining and complaining since day 1. They would have both been out a long time ago if AP had not interfered with the game.

I hope Zach and Jemeka are the F2.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;2561377;
    I'm still not sure if Eric or Jameka should have gone, but as far as the situation now stands....unless Zach puts up DD (which is unlikely since I think he wants F2 with Dick), DD aren't in that awful a spot....So stop whining dani and think!! If one of them had won HOH, and either Zach or Jameka won POV, the other D would have to go up. And the vote would be out of their hands. The D on the block would go home. This way, If Dani and Jameka go up, the only one they have to worry about winning POV is Jameka, and Dick controls the vote. Bye Bye Jameka. There would be no guarantee no matter how the HOH had turned out, and I'd rather have to worry about only Jameka than both Jameka and Zach. Frankly, at this point, the only one I would not be OK with winning is Jameka.

Actually, their ace in the hole ( each other ) now becomes a problem, as neither of them are safe from eviction. Zach and Jameka struck an agreement last night. He guaranteed Jameka that her key would be in the box and she guaranteed she would take him to F2 if given the choice at the end. While Zach did talk to both Dick and Dani last night, he made no commitments to either. When Dick fished and said they had to get the "b" Jameka out, Zach didn't even respond. Granted, Zach was a little tipsy, and was telling Jameka that she gave him his faith back and he was grateful and an instrument of God ... but he did give her his commitment, and seemed to have been moved by his Father's comment about finishing with honor ... and said that she (Jameka) and himself were the honorable ones with "values", and that winning the game isn't based on "bloodlines".

So ... whether he was covering all his bases with this Jameka talk or not, he said he is planning to put up D and D, so D & D must win the POV to earn the sole vote, and keep both of them in the house. They no longer "have" Zach as a back-up to boot Jameka so their odds of winning POV have been reduced to 50-50.

Just because Zach and Jameka have gotten this far and appear to have started playing the game, it's just dumb luck and too little too late.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2561530;
    At this point, I would vote for Zach.
    I have been a Dick fan, but Zach has won me over.
    I don't think he is stupid, but he is really stepping up to play when he needs to.
    and it looks like it will work out for him.
    I have to agree.... but he's so awkward....

But yeah, he really did step up his game. But dang it, he should've taken Eric off the block (or Jameka) and forced Dick to nominate Daniele. And why the heck didn't Eric mention something to Zach about the D&D's not sticking to their words??? :nono Big mistakes on both their parts.

At this point, I would vote for Zach too. I think that he has kept his game play quiet, tagging on to others to keep himself safe while at the same time stepping up to play when he needed to. Some of the DR videos shows him talking about his strategy (what they let us see) which seemed to be spot on many times, but he didn't push it as long as he stayed safe. If he puts up D&D, finally the right strategy takes place - they are too strong and no one has had the guts to put them up but Unitard Jen.
    I love TAR!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;2561452;
    I want the final 2 to be Zach and Jameka. I really don't like the two evil people to win Dick and Dani. These two evil really people think they have this game sewed up. I just want an "IN YOUR FACE" win for either Zach or Jameka.

One can only hope............
    Whether they are "evil" has nothing to do with whether someone should win this game. It should be based on who played the game the best and out of whose left, Dick played the best game. He made moves and he pulled off some important wins when it counted. He even got himself off the block when it was pretty much a 98% chance he was going home (granted he had help from America but still, he did put his plan in motion). Zach and Dani have the second spot in my mind. Dani made some serious moves and decisions in the game even if the other HGs think they were Dick's ideas. They weren't, she came up with alot of them on her own and put them into motion. Zach, although he waited until the last 3 weeks of the game to make his moves, planned his attack and it has worked out pretty well for him. If he were in the final two against either D/D I would vote for him to come in second.

Now as far as Jameka Christ Superstar goes, she has done NOTHING in this game. She has made some really bad decisions and only by the luck of her giving up 5 HOHs is she even still in the house. She doesn't deserve final four let alone final two. As much as I dislike ErICK he deserved final four. He played the best game he could and really if he had followed our instructions from the beginning, would probably still be there.

I don't think D/D feel they have the game on lock because Zach is in power. There is nothing keeping them 100% safe except the two of them. Everything hinges on the POV. Then we can pretty much narrow down who are final three are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2561541;
    I have to agree.... but he's so awkward....

But yeah, he really did step up his game. But dang it, he should've taken Eric off the block (or Jameka) and forced Dick to nominate Daniele. And why the heck didn't Eric mention something to Zach about the D&D's not sticking to their words??? :nono Big mistakes on both their parts.

I was wondering if Zach actually knew that he and Eric could have held the votes to evict Danielle immediately if Zach would have taken Eric off the block.

And me too, I was hoping that in Eric's pre-eviction speech he would have mentioned Dick and Danielle's lies about not evicting Jessica and say "Zach..if you use the power of veto you and I can evict the replacement nominee and I will guarantee you safety next week". A deal could have been made right there on the spot.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

bha

Quote Originally Posted by Truce;2561365;
    I am one of the few people that think that Zach made the right choice of evicting Eric over Dani. If Eric stayed, I don't think that Jameka will try to align with Zach. But since he's gone, she has no choice but to have Zach as an ally.

I think that Zach can win against Dick and even Dani in the F2.

Votes for Zach in F2 with Dick:
    Jen, Jessica, Jameka, which also means that Amber will vote for Zach too. I think he might even have Dustin's vote.

Dick: Has Dani and Eric's vote.
    Just read on the CBS/BB8 American Player site, America will get to vote who Eric (America's Player) will vote to win the game. America's player has one more task.
    The Best Things in Life are Free.

I just have to disagree with a few things here.

Dick and Dani had the biggest targets on them because they are one of the original pairs. Neither Zach or Jameka had that baggage. Zach was more of an add-on, wannabe member of the MRA alliance, and really, Dick adopted him when everyone else treated him like trash. Technically, if Dick "used" Zach ... Zach also used Dick & Dani for his own safety, and they did keep him safe. Both Dick and Dani have both said that they actually like Zach, but Dani has said he is odd and gets on her nerves, which is the viewpoint most of us have. Dick has called people ( and I use that term loosely) names and been vulgar, but he is what he is. Jameka is not as she presents herself to be. Possibly, we take exception to Dick's actions, and expect different behavior from an adult, but I think this rough exterior is just to hide his softness which screams at us when we see his interactions with Dani, and also when we see some of the DR's and goodbye messages.

Personally, I think Dick and Daniele had the biggest odds against them advancing in the game and they overcame big time. I'm not making a direct comparison here, but in BBAS, Will and Janelle also came in with the biggest odds against them and made it all the way to the F4. It was disappointing to see Boogie and Erika as F2, and I see no comparison between them and Zach and Jameka ... so I hope it doesn't turn out that way. Strictly in my opinion Dick and Dani as F2 would be a bit of redemption for me. I wouldn't care which one won ... but prefer Dick as at least he seemed to play with his heart and his head and would treat a win similarly.
    Last edited by echo226; 09-07-2007 at 02:40 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

bha

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;2561377;
    I'm still not sure if Eric or Jameka should have gone, but as far as the situation now stands....unless Zach puts up DD (which is unlikely since I think he wants F2 with Dick), DD aren't in that awful a spot....So stop whining dani and think!! If one of them had won HOH, and either Zach or Jameka won POV, the other D would have to go up. And the vote would be out of their hands. The D on the block would go home. This way, If Dani and Jameka go up, the only one they have to worry about winning POV is Jameka, and Dick controls the vote. Bye Bye Jameka. There would be no guarantee no matter how the HOH had turned out, and I'd rather have to worry about only Jameka than both Jameka and Zach. Frankly, at this point, the only one I would not be OK with winning is Jameka.
    The truth.. it really doesn't matter who is on the block, what matter is, who wins the POV. If Jameka or Zach wins it, then one of D/D's will be gone. If D/D wins the POV, Jameka is gone.
    The Best Things in Life are Free.

FORT Fogey

This is the week where winning the veto gives a person more power in the house than is available at any time. This week, HOH does not matter nearly as much as winning POV. POV essentially get to choose the nominees and on his/her own decide who is evicted.

If Zach's desire is to get rid of either Dick or Daniele, I think he'd be smart to nominate Dick and Jameka initially. Jameka plays harder for the veto when her neck is on the line. Zach's actions could lull Daniele into a feeling of security, so she MIGHT not play as hard for it as she would if she were on the block. Zach's nominations don't matter that much as far as who is evicted will go. But they do matter from the standpoint of motivation for the veto.

+ Reply to Thread