+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Worst moves of the season?

Re: Worst moves of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2556856;
    The dumbest move was on the part of CBS, in picking these lame-brain contestants.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess that makes the dumbest move America's. If Eric had used the veto to replace Zach (as America obviously wants Amber gone), and Danielle had gone up in his place, the votes would be 2-2 at the best (assuming Zach votes against Danielle), and if Eric followed our directions he would have had to try and get Jessica to evict Amber.

Dustin backdooring himself - even if he didn't think he would be evicted, you still should never offer to put yourself up as a "pawn"
    Eric not using the veto on Zach or Amber - though I hate Zach, Eric should have taken him off the block and Jess could have put up Dani or Dick. And that is what causes Jess' eviction this week. Excellent work, Eric.

Lets Do This Like Judas erbear04's Avatar

I have to stick up for Eric not using the veto. He learned that America was consistently voting to favor the Donatos. He knew if he took Zach/Amber down and one of them went up, in all likelihood he'd have to vote to keep that person anyway, thus looking really shady in Jessica's eyes AND that would leave Dani and Dick BOTH in the house and both pissed off. That was one of his smarter moves.

FORT Fogey

Worst Move -- Dustin backdooring himself.

Forget the Eric move... it can't be counted against Jess because she didn't have the power of veto and as an individual move it was a good one for Eric.

Amber --> Clearly, 100% had Eric as her primary target and she went home before she could strike.

The Donatos will boot out Jess in betrayal of their F-4 alliance that the D/D/E/J had.

Eric is in a decent position going into the F-5; hell, for the victory he's in a great position, one of the few players that it would be slam dunk against him in the F-2 is out of the house.
    Boogie: brrring...brrring...brring...b rrring....

I think these are the top 10 worst moves... so far. And I'm going to be as unbiased as possible.

10.) Gonorrhea!
    This is the moment that Joe will probably be most remembered for, especially since he shouted out that he had gonorrhea on the first night. It rubbed people the wrong way, and that's not a good thing since (like I said) it was the first night.

9.) Jameka using the veto on Jen.
    Even though it made me happy (since I liked Jen). But people were like, "What the heck? Why does she want to use the veto on Jen?" Jen wasn't part of LNC at the time that alliance still functioned. Yet, here's Jameka, saying that she's in it to save Jen. And it was all because of her beliefs, which made some people confused. Jen took full advantage of it, answering the last question because either way, she would have won. Jameka had the most points, so if Jen got it wrong, Jameka would have won. If Jen would have won, she would have the most points, and she would have won.

8.) Jameka giving up her chance of playing in 5 HOH competitions.
    And for nothing. She wasn't on the block, Eric was. But the reason this is only at #8 is because people perceive Jameka as a weak player because of this. People love to keep the weaker players in the game, thinking they'll have a better chance of winning the competitions.

7.) Kail playing the game so hard so early.
    She won HOH in the first week, which isn't always a bad thing. Lisa was HOH first in season 3, but then went on to win the whole thing. But Kail played the game way too soon. She created the Mrs. Robinson Alliance, immediately putting a target on her, Mike's, Nick's, and Zach's backs. She was kind of seen as a threat. She was everything that she shouldn't be in the beginning.

6.) Evicting Nick.
    This is on a strategic level and emotional level for Daniele most of all. She cried when she found out it was Nick who would be cheering her on if she won against Amber in the Power of 10. But Nick could still have been in the house... but Daniele and Dick voted against him. Just because their alliance at the time wanted him out. Even though D&D are very strong right now, I still think it was stupid of them to vote out what potentially could have been their strongest ally.

5.) Evicting Amber instead of Zach.
    Jessica should have gone with her gut. Amber would have had a tougher time in that HOH competition then Zach would have. That became obvious when Zach won the competition, putting the D&D and Jesric alliance from top to the bottom (though D&D are back up on top since they have a mini-alliance with Zach).

4.) Not getting Dick out.
    They've had the opportunity twice now. Ironically, he was against Joe and Dustin. But the houseguests decided to keep him around, though Dustin did pretty much shoot himself in the foot (more on that later). Dick's antics are obnoxious and agressive, and he has won a couple of competitions. Why not get the guy out?

3.) Eric not using the veto.
    There have been so many times for getting Dick and Daniele out. And still, people won't do it! Look at them now! Eric really should have used this veto. But the reason this mistake is not #1 on my list is because of the bigger picture. Let's say both D&D are in the jury and Eric is in the final 2 in the end, and Eric did use the veto at the time. D&D will probably not vote for Eric since he did use that veto, resulting in one of them getting evicted from the game.

2.) Dustin shooting himself in the book.
    He did it. He proclaimed that he wanted to be on the block against Dick since it would feel so good when Dick walks out that door and he stays in the house. But that didn't turn out how he liked. It was the other way around. Dustin was evicted, and Dick was the one that was all smiles.

1.) Mike taunting Dick.
    I liked Mike. But this was a horrible move. He was safe, he was in the clear. He wasn't nominated; it was Jen and Kail on the block. But Mike said himself that he's a loyal guy. The person who he was loyal to was Kail, so he tried to help her get off the block. But because of this, it was him who would be on the block and out the door soon.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I completely agree with EVERYTHING you have said, CrossingGuard!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2558319;
    Okay yeah, that's embarrassing. I said book instead of foot.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTeam;2558323;
    I completely agree with EVERYTHING you have said, CrossingGuard!
    I'm glad to see that there's someone who agrees with me!
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 09-05-2007 at 03:21 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2558319;
    I think these are the top 10 worst moves... so far. And I'm going to be as unbiased as possible.

10.) Gonorrhea!
    This is the moment that Joe will probably be most remembered for, especially since he shouted out that he had gonorrhea on the first night. It rubbed people the wrong way, and that's not a good thing since (like I said) it was the first night.

9.) Jameka using the veto on Jen.
    Even though it made me happy (since I liked Jen). But people were like, "What the heck? Why does she want to use the veto on Jen?" Jen wasn't part of LNC at the time that alliance still functioned. Yet, here's Jameka, saying that she's in it to save Jen. And it was all because of her beliefs, which made some people confused. Jen took full advantage of it, answering the last question because either way, she would have won. Jameka had the most points, so if Jen got it wrong, Jameka would have won. If Jen would have won, she would have the most points, and she would have won.

8.) Jameka giving up her chance of playing in 5 HOH competitions.
    And for nothing. She wasn't on the block, Eric was. But the reason this is only at #8 is because people perceive Jameka as a weak player because of this. People love to keep the weaker players in the game, thinking they'll have a better chance of winning the competitions.

7.) Kail playing the game so hard so early.
    She won HOH in the first week, which isn't always a bad thing. Lisa was HOH first in season 3, but then went on to win the whole thing. But Kail played the game way too soon. She created the Mrs. Robinson Alliance, immediately putting a target on her, Mike's, Nick's, and Zach's backs. She was kind of seen as a threat. She was everything that she shouldn't be in the beginning.

6.) Evicting Nick.
    This is on a strategic level and emotional level for Daniele most of all. She cried when she found out it was Nick who would be cheering her on if she won against Amber in the Power of 10. But Nick could still have been in the house... but Daniele and Dick voted against him. Just because their alliance at the time wanted him out. Even though D&D are very strong right now, I still think it was stupid of them to vote out what potentially could have been their strongest ally.

5.) Evicting Amber instead of Zach.
    Jessica should have gone with her gut. Amber would have had a tougher time in that HOH competition then Zach would have. That became obvious when Zach won the competition, putting the D&D and Jesric alliance from top to the bottom (though D&D are back up on top since they have a mini-alliance with Zach).

4.) Not getting Dick out.
    They've had the opportunity twice now. Ironically, he was against Joe and Dustin. But the houseguests decided to keep him around, though Dustin did pretty much shoot himself in the foot (more on that later). Dick's antics are obnoxious and agressive, and he has won a couple of competitions. Why not get the guy out?

3.) Eric not using the veto.
    There have been so many times for getting Dick and Daniele out. And still, people won't do it! Look at them now! Eric really should have used this veto. But the reason this mistake is not #1 on my list is because of the bigger picture. Let's say both D&D are in the jury and Eric is in the final 2 in the end, and Eric did use the veto at the time. D&D will probably not vote for Eric since he did use that veto, resulting in one of them getting evicted from the game.

He did it. He proclaimed that he wanted to be on the block against Dick since it would feel so good when Dick walks out that door and he stays in the house. But that didn't turn out how he liked. It was the other way around. Dustin was evicted, and Dick was the one that was all smiles.

1.) Mike taunting Dick.
    I liked Mike. But this was a horrible move. He was safe, he was in the clear. He wasn't nominated; it was Jen and Kail on the block. But Mike said himself that he's a loyal guy. The person who he was loyal to was Kail, so he tried to help her get off the block. But because of this, it was him who would be on the block and out the door soon.

That is an outstanding post, CG ! And I agree too, but I might switch your 1 and 2, though ... only because of Dustin's absolute arrogance, and the look on his face when Julie announced he was going was priceless.

Another bad move was Amber ... I mean just in general. All the crocodile tears; she revealed way too much of her personal business to an absolute stranger; and her anti-Semitic comments juxtaposed against her certainty that America loved her is just outrageous.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2558363;
    That is an outstanding post, CG ! And I agree too, but I might switch your 1 and 2, though ... only because of Dustin's absolute arrogance, and the look on his face when Julie announced he was going was priceless.

Another bad move was Amber ... I mean just in general. All the crocodile tears; she revealed way too much of her personal business to an absolute stranger; and her anti-Semitic comments juxtaposed against her certainty that America loved her is just outrageous.
    Thank you for the compliment echo226! Though I'm still laughing about how I typed "book" instead of "foot".

I agree with what you said about Amber. She revealed way too much about herself, and that could sometimes be a good thing, but in this case, it wasn't. But I still liked her. I kinda miss the tears now.

And here's something that I didn't include on the list. I guess you can consider it an honorable mention:

Jen taking herself off of slop.
    It didn't really affect her strategic game, so that's mostly the reason why I didn't include it. But she practically gave up, which was disappointing to me. She said in an interview that there was no real reason why she took herself off of slop. She was just mad. But now, she has the distinct title of being the first person to ever be evicted by more votes than there were houseguests who were able to vote. That's not a good title to have.

Oh, and here's another one:

Eric calling Janelle Ms. Piggy.
    It has nothing at all to do with strategy. But it did hurt Janelle. I don't think anyone wants to be called "Ms. Piggy" except Ms. Piggy herself. And Janelle is one of the most popular houseguests to ever enter the Big Brother house. She of course has a fan base who'll be mad at Eric for calling her Ms. Piggy. His popularity will plummet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast