+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jen - Season 8 (Live Feed)

Re: Jen - Season 8 (Live Feed)

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2500570;
    This is a woman who felt 'something' when Jameka was crying about having to eat slop, but couldn't identify what she felt. She's emotionally remote, except for the most superficial things about herself (her hair in the photo).\
    Oh I get it, I totally understand that Jen is vapid and vain and I agree she may have some problem with exhibiting a lack of emotion. I just think it's so nice and refreshing to have a person be so honest and open about it. She makes no apologies for the way she is and I respect her for that. I don't know why. I usually go for the more down to earth, dignified players (to my detriment I might add) but Jen has won me over. I can't help but think she is going to be a dark horse in this thing. I don't want to try and defend Jen as a person, I just know she is growing on me by leaps and bounds.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2500638;
    Oh I get it, I totally understand that Jen is vapid and vain and I agree she may have some problem with exhibiting a lack of emotion. I just think it's so nice and refreshing to have a person be so honest and open about it. She makes no apologies for the way she is and I respect her for that. I don't know why. I usually go for the more down to earth, dignified players (to my detriment I might add) but Jen has won me over. I can't help but think she is going to be a dark horse in this thing. I don't want to try and defend Jen as a person, I just know she is growing on me by leaps and bounds.
    I think the thing about Jen is that she doesn't pretend to be down-to-earth , deep or dignified. She appears to admit her faults and doesn't pretend to NOT be vain and vapid. So while the traits in themselves may not be admirable, at least she's owning it.

I, like others, didn't like Jen at first, but she's grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkymonkey1148;2500667;
    I think the thing about Jen is that she doesn't pretend to be down-to-earth , deep or dignified. She appears to admit her faults and doesn't pretend to NOT be vain and vapid. So while the traits in themselves may not be admirable, at least she's owning it.

I, like others, didn't like Jen at first, but she's grown on me.
    yeah! Isen't that what I said though?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2500680;
    yeah! Isen't that what I said though?
    Basically; I'm just agreeing.

I, like many others, started off hating Jen... but now I've warmed up to her. The ammount of abuse this woman puts up with in the house is disgusting. Yeah, she brings some of it on herself. But is she really that much worse than the other people in the house? From the traits I've seen in others, I can't really say she's the worst. Jen's just more up front with her bad qualities and she's not really trying to be anything she's not.

Maybe I'm just sympathetic because I was bullied constantly when I was in elementary school, so I know how awful it can be. People don't realize how damaging their words can be. Even so, I think she's handling it very well and whether it's a mark of strength or just being detached from the world around here... I still give her some credit. She has a thick skin. If I was in her position, I would have walked out of the house a long time ago.

FORT Fogey

I hate Jen and she does things to provoke dick you can tell because after she gets him to go off, she looks for the camera and smiles like did you see it

Quote Originally Posted by greenbriar;2501420;
    I hate Jen and she does things to provoke dick you can tell because after she gets him to go off, she looks for the camera and smiles like did you see it
    I honestly think that that's some of her most brilliant game play. If I could take his outbursts the way she seems to be able to, I would provoke him too. This guy is going to dig his own grave. Intigate him, rile him up, get him to blow his top. Of all the nasty, disgusting, digrading things he says to her, somehow in my eyes (and I suspect many others) he is the one that ends up looking more rediculous.

Jen kind of reminds me of Edie on Desperate Housewives. The slutty looking, self centered narcasist that somewhere inside has a soft spot. All the other women hate her, yet she does not understand why. I get that feeling when she was talking about trying to be friends with Daniele and Dani cold rejected her saying something like, "just because I am not interested in being friends with you, you have to say some little thing to me every day and get your dig in."

I suspect if I was rejected by someone I was trying to be friends with, and lets face it Dick has lashed into Jen nearly every day since day one, wouldn't you carry some resentment twords the daughter (and logical ally) of that person?

FORT Fan

Hey there. I am a long time viewer but first time poster. At the beginning I felt that Jen was self centered and obnoxious, but after viewing her when Dick was antagonizing her, I feel that she has become one of my favorites. dick has no right to constantly belittle her. It would have made my day if she had won HOH instead of pretentious and annoying Daniele who will probably whine me to death in the next few days. Just my 2cents

After Dick poured the iced tea on Jen, what do you think would have been the reaction if Jen had stuck out her foot and tripped him causing Dick to land on his face? That was my first reaction after seeing this incident the other night, that would have been my first reaction that I would have done. Would that be physical abuse? Would she have gotten in trouble? Would it have been no big deal? I was wondering what everyone thinks about this scenerio.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2500538;
    I still see nothing at all to admire in this person. Her lack of response to Dick is not, to me, indicative of strength of character, but rather in keeping with her evidently sociopathic personality.
    I Totally Agree. I feel she is as manipulative as Kail. Neither lady would be loyal to anyone in that house, IMO.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread