+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniele - Season 8 (Live Feed)

Re: Daniele - Season 8 (Live Feed)

Quote Originally Posted by Truce;2504339;
    Was Danielle really shaving her stomach today? That's weird/odd.

Wouldn't it have been better to wax it, shaving makes hair grow thicker.
    Lots of women shave.

No, shaving does not make hair grow in thicker. Hair is dead ! Only the hair follicle under the skin is alive. Hair doesn't know or care what you do to it because it is dead. It does not communicate with the hair follicle.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Truce;2504339;
    Was Danielle really shaving her stomach today? That's weird/odd.

Wouldn't it have been better to wax it, shaving makes hair grow thicker.
    Shaving doesn't make hair grow thicker. It makes the hairs blunt on the ends instead of sort of naturally pointed on the end. The blunt end makes the hair seem "thicker" even though it's not.

I don't think it's odd that she shaves there. She clearly just doesn't like to have hair on her body. She was also shaving her arms and hands. I'm the same way. It's just a personal preference. To each his (or her) own.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I hate having to shave my legs and arms...I certainly don't want more areas to shave!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shady;2504642;
    She was talking about her dog. It wasn't a mean remark, she loves her dog. We should be careful starting false rumors and tossing around accusations. They end up as truth.

So are you saying she was comparing her dog to someone with Down's? If so that's even worse.

Regarding her age.... at the beginning of the season when I read she was only 20 I re-checked the rules for applying for BB. What I read clearly states you have to be 21 (not turn 21 during the season). So if she were to win, wouldn't others have grounds to take action based on the fact that she should not have been on in the first place? At the very least (unless they specifically changed the rules for this season or I misread/misinterpreted them), BB has opened the door for all 20 year olds to apply. Not that I think anyone would challenge it if she won, I'm really just wondering why they made an exception in her case.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Babe;2504763;
    So are you saying she was comparing her dog to someone with Down's? If so that's even worse.
    Exactly. WTH is the difference? The bottom line is, she was making a joke about Down's Syndrome, and that is an ignorant and low thing to do. I saw her say it with my own eyes and I heard it with my own ears, and it was broadcast on BB After Dark. It's no rumor.

Regarding her age.... at the beginning of the season when I read she was only 20 I re-checked the rules for applying for BB. What I read clearly states you have to be 21 (not turn 21 during the season). So if she were to win, wouldn't others have grounds to take action based on the fact that she should not have been on in the first place? At the very least (unless they specifically changed the rules for this season or I misread/misinterpreted them), BB has opened the door for all 20 year olds to apply. Not that I think anyone would challenge it if she won, I'm really just wondering why they made an exception in her case.

Interesting... CBS must have covered themselves somehow in case this becomes a factor, but you never know. It does seem a bit unfair, but they probably went for it because they knew it would be a big storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar;2504691;
    Lots of women shave.

No, shaving does not make hair grow in thicker. Hair is dead ! Only the hair follicle under the skin is alive. Hair doesn't know or care what you do to it because it is dead. It does not communicate with the hair follicle.
    Shaving doesn't make hair grow thicker. It makes the hairs blunt on the ends instead of sort of naturally pointed on the end. The blunt end makes the hair seem "thicker" even though it's not.

I don't think it's odd that she shaves there. She clearly just doesn't like to have hair on her body. She was also shaving her arms and hands. I'm the same way. It's just a personal preference. To each his (or her) own.
    I am so glad others have pointed this out! I got so sick of reading the multiple comments on how shaving makes hair grow back thicker & / or darker! I was about to post how this is an old wives' tale.
    If shaving really did make the hair grow back thicker, I'd shave my damn head. Maybe then my baby-fine hair would have some body!

And I know a lot of women who shave their arms, including myself. It's not that big of a deal or weird.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2504760;
    I hate having to shave my legs and arms...I certainly don't want more areas to shave!
    Oops I hate to quote myself but I actually meant my under arms and not my whole arms!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar;2504691;
    Lots of women shave.

I shave too and I'm a woman, but I've never heard of a woman shaving her stomach or having hair on it.

But thanks for the knowledge on the thicker thing, I've heard it a lot of times I thought it was true.
    Will talking about James "Looks to me like Janelle WHOPPED HIS ASS!"

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

My gosh...

According to the transcript thread, Daniele is shaving her body again today... I find that disturbing on several levels...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2504856;
    My gosh...

According to the transcript thread, Daniele is shaving her body again today... I find that disturbing on several levels...

;0))

PK

I used to shave every single day b/c I hate stubble, even if no one could see it, I could feel it. Maybe she's the same way.

Now I just shave every other day b/c I'm more lazy these days
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread