+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: America's Player - (Live Feed)

FORT Fogey

Re: Puppet Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2466572;
    To be fair, 7/33 people is hardly a fair representation of all America. And people voting her hardly represent the nation at large all that well anyway.

But it does make me wonder a bit if all of Kail's "slaves", er... I mean "workers" back in her town aren't lined up at computers power-voting somehow.
    No, I've been to other sites taht suggest the majority is Joe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2466573;
    No, I've been to other sites taht suggest the majority is Joe as well.
    Even still, the logic remains that what happens on sites like this rarely represents what the bulk of America thinks, or does. As a rule, we are far less conservative. We depend far less on the superficial on-air stuff, but on the other hand also tend to champion oddballs more. We communicate and skew our voting towards each other's views.

America, in contrast, votes mainly based on what they see on TV. They vote on first impressions. And they vote for people and situations like themselves--at least a general impression. Sure, Kail might seem like the one snooty person in their town who thinks they own everyone--who they hate. But at least it represents THEIR town, not one of these "Los Angeles" people.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Kansas girls had a good showing in most voting too, except that the age thing will put many people off of them. Again, going with the "like us" theory, most of the viewing public on CBS is going to be over 30, not under.

That said, there are notable times (usually later in a season) when CBS and BB have crafted a player to be a "character" that America likes (or amuses them, or plays to their sympathies), and then they leave behind that knee-jerk "like us" stuff and instead fall for the storyline hook, line and sinker. Someone will be edited to be consistently charming (or may actually be so) and then will start winning the popularity contests. The "Janelle" factor, you might say. I'm betting Dick is a candidate for that, despite him having a general air and background to turn off most of red state down-home America at first glance.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Don't underestimate what America's motivations were for voting Kail...maybe they think the information Eric shares with her can later be used against her, especially if she shares it with someone else.

When I voted, my thinking was 'who could it potentially screw things up for down the line'? Which is why I voted Joe, figuring he couldn't keep a secret to save his life...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order

I didn't vote, but I thought about it. I would have voted for the smartest person in the house. That way puppet boy would be quickly exposed and kicked out. But that's just me.
    Go to www.freerice.com to improve your vocabulary and feed the world!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gagi;2466650;
    I didn't vote, but I thought about it. I would have voted for the smartest person in the house. That way puppet boy would be quickly exposed and kicked out. But that's just me.
    who do you think is the smartest one in the house?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by greenbriar;2467141;
    So far, I think Dick is the smartest.

Quote Originally Posted by greenbriar;2467141;
    I hadn't made up my mind when I originally posted my comment, but I do agree with aramcobrat. Dick comes across as really smart. Daniele is also very smart. One of them wouldn't have fallen for puppet's BS.

How about you? Who do u think is the smartest?

FORT Regular

Actually, I think Kail may have been a more strategical choice by America. At least that's where I went with my vote. I didn't vote for her, but Kail wasn't a bad choice. She has power right now. America wants to keep their player in the game as long as possible to keep their say in it. I think for the first time in all of the Big Brothers, America will be voting strategically rather than making popularity decisions.

puppetboy...

i wish the guy that use to do the charicatures on this forum would do one of Eric

a howdy doody looking one with strings and all and some f-bomb captions

Quote Originally Posted by TrulyWicked;2468205;
    Actually, I think Kail may have been a more strategical choice by America. At least that's where I went with my vote. I didn't vote for her, but Kail wasn't a bad choice. She has power right now. America wants to keep their player in the game as long as possible to keep their say in it. I think for the first time in all of the Big Brothers, America will be voting strategically rather than making popularity decisions.
    What if America doesn't like the player that was chosen for them? If BB8 PTB really wanted to do it right, America would have had a chance to VOTE for the houseguest they wanted to be their player. I find Eric incredibly annoying. Because of that I want him out of the house.

+ Reply to Thread